Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 2/13/2022 at 3:21 PM, drfrey13 said:

That is why I believe market value for QBs is very inflated and do not want to give Carr an extension at market value.  Teams giving non elite QBs $35+ are going to put themselves at a disadvantage that will only be overcome if the do a great job of drafting. 

You can thank Jerry Jones for that.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The NFL is out of control with these "market value" arguements.

There are 3 QBs worth 40 million a year right now - Mahomes, Allen and Rodgers

Where does this stop? The ROI on most these players is so low. 

Yeah it’s crazy. Raiders made Carr the highest paid QB, 5 years later he’s 14th highest. 

22 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Yeah it’s crazy. Raiders made Carr the highest paid QB, 5 years later he’s 14th highest. 

Then you look at the season he just had and think how can teams justify 40 mil on a guy. Second that for Cousins and other similar QBs. 

To me, a top tier QB should be rare. He should be a true franchise guy, tested and successful. For 40 million a year, he has to be a "heart and soul" of the team type player. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Then you look at the season he just had and think how can teams justify 40 mil on a guy. Second that for Cousins and other similar QBs. 

To me, a top tier QB should be rare. He should be a true franchise guy, tested and successful. For 40 million a year, he has to be a "heart and soul" of the team type player. 

It's not elite QB's anymore it goes by if you're the best QB in this FA class.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It's not elite QB's anymore it goes by if you're the best QB in this FA class.

thats where teams get into trouble. Im a Carr guy, but he cant ask for a top of market type deal, and need a bunch of pieces around him to be successful. 30-35 is fair imo

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Geezy said:

thats where teams get into trouble. Im a Carr guy, but he cant ask for a top of market type deal, and need a bunch of pieces around him to be successful. 30-35 is fair imo

This. If you take 38+ and your Carr, you can never complain about “pieces” again. Neither can Carr fans. Complaining about pieces will never ever ever be an excuse for poor play if he takes 38+ a year, and I don’t want to hear a single fan ever make that excuse again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

DC is a top 7 QB, deal with it. Pay the man 

Just saw a trade idea with us sending Carr, 2022 1st and 3rd, and a 2023 1st for Aaron Rodgers.  Maybe in 2017 but no way I am giving up that much for a player that could fall off or retire at any time.  I guess it is stupid season.  Maybe we should trade Carr for Jones and they gives us their next couple 1st round picks.  Maybe an extra 1st because the age difference is less between Carr and Jones than it is between Carr and Rodgers.

17 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Top 7 next year or top 7 over the course of the next 5 years?

this is how I have the top QBs ranked 

Tier 1: 

1. Mahomes

2.Rodgers

Below Tier 2:

3. J Allen

4. R Wilson

Tier 3:

5. Stafford

6. DC

7. Burrow

8. Kyler

9. Herbert

10. Dak/ Jackson- tie at the end

I think tier 3 are all debatable. I could see Burrow, Herbert, Kyler all passing DC soon. They just haven't done it yet. DC almost took out Burrow without a WR1 and OL. Stafford gets the edge due to winning a super bowl. DC has brought so many teams that had no business being .500

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

this is how I have the top QBs ranked 

Tier 1: 

1. Mahomes

2.Rodgers

Below Tier 2:

3. J Allen

4. R Wilson

Tier 3:

5. Stafford

6. DC

7. Burrow

8. Kyler

9. Herbert

10. Dak/ Jackson- tie at the end

I think tier 3 are all debatable. I could see Burrow, Herbert, Kyler all passing DC soon. They just haven't done it yet. DC almost took out Burrow without a WR1 and OL. Stafford gets the edge due to winning a super bowl. DC has brought so many teams that had no business being .500

If I’m being honest, I take every name on that list over Carr and jury is still out on the rookies.

After that, I’d put him there at the top of the  Tannehill tier.  

That puts him what 12ish? That’s pretty good IMHO and worth moving forward with.

He’s been getting better too I feel, so there’s that

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

DC is a top 7 QB, deal with it. Pay the man 

Stop it. He’s not Top 7 by any measure (statistically, upside, or playoff wins). He MIGHT be #11 over Cousins and Tannehill with a heavy emphasis on MIGHT. 

Even if we put him in the top 10 he will be out the second Watson is back in the league. 

Mahomes

Rodgers

Allen

Wilson

Burrow

Herbert

Dak

Lamar

Murray

Stafford

Edited by jpaulthe1st

7 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Stop it. He’s not Top 7 by any measure (statistically, upside, or playoff wins). He MIGHT be #11 over Cousins and Tannehill with a heavy emphasis on MIGHT. 

Even if we put him in the top 10 he will be out the second Watson is back in the league. 

Mahomes

Rodgers

Allen

Wilson

Burrow

Herbert

Dak

Lamar

Murray

Stafford

Cousins has been better than Carr throughout his career. They are pretty equal, but I give Cousins the nod. 

Don’t forget Brady just retired, auto-bumping everyone up one spot. 

Also, you will see the surge of the 2021 QB class this year. Lawrence and Lance have more potential in their pinky than Carr has in his whole body. 

Edited by BayRaider

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cousins has been better than Carr throughout his career. They are pretty equal, but I give Cousins the nod. 

Don’t forget Brady just retired, auto-bumping everyone up one spot. 

Also, you will see the surge of the 2021 QB class this year. Lawrence and Lance have more potential in their pinky than Carr has in his whole body. 

Justin Jefferson has emerged as a top 5 WR and they have always had a stable top 5 back in Cook. Their coach also didn't get fired mid season. lol