Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I will argue that to a degree. He had a 10 sack season his 3rd year. He was a winning player who came into a losing culture and rotted here. Similar to Moss. Hard to keep marque players happy and focused when everything around them is garbage. 

I can only fault the players to a degree. They came into a directionless franchise with a fading owner, poor talent and poor coaching. Easy to check out.

I don't doubt that it would have been a shock to the system for these guys who had come from winning franchises, because Raiders in the mid-00s were a bin fire the likes of which I don't think exists in the NFL just now. But I think you can look at Sapp or Moss and compare them to Richard Seymour, and it's understandable why one of those guys is still admired by Raiders fans while the other two definitely aren't.

14 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Just saw Jacobs has a 10 million 5th year option, might as well run him into the ground this year lol. 

Just talked to my son about this.  We're drafting a RB this year and next year and just replacing him.  We aren't picking up that 5th year option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Just talked to my son about this.  We're drafting a RB this year and next year and just replacing him.  We aren't picking up that 5th year option.

No sense it paying a RB. Easily replaceable. 

At least the Raiders don't have any 5th year options to pick up with their draft picks. Silver linings....

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That will take about 3 full games lol I don’t get it he’s tough af but easily injured at the same time 

Players like Jacobs and Abram who play with no respect for their body are often injured. I did not want either. Same reason I didn’t want Karl Joseph. 

I mean, not the sole reason, but one of the main factors. 

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Good point.  If we go traditional patiots way, I'd expect to see a mid range RB drafted.  Interesting that in the last 10 years or so, they havn't used anything later than a 4th on one...

2021: 4th (Stevenson)

2019: 3rd (Harris)

2018: 1st (Michel)

2014: 4th (White)

2011: 2nd and 3rd (Vereen, Ridley)

• Like 1

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/nick-saban-says-lack-of-leadership-led-to-henry-ruggs-crash-2531032/?fbclid=IwAR25hHXXU0LE1BI3GfDaazuOIGE27ZaO-sS7Ni9okQvwPBpTVch7Qia2PF8

“He never had one problem on our team at Alabama. So what kind of friend were you, what kind of leader were you when you allowed the guy to do it? “ 

nick saban questioning our locker room leadership?? And y’all wanna draft more bama players. I get it but Hr3 is a grown man also. And he’s been racing cars before he got to the nfl. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/nick-saban-says-lack-of-leadership-led-to-henry-ruggs-crash-2531032/?fbclid=IwAR25hHXXU0LE1BI3GfDaazuOIGE27ZaO-sS7Ni9okQvwPBpTVch7Qia2PF8

“He never had one problem on our team at Alabama. So what kind of friend were you, what kind of leader were you when you allowed the guy to do it? “ 

nick saban questioning our locker room leadership?? And y’all wanna draft more bama players. I get it but Hr3 is a grown man also. And he’s been racing cars before he got to the nfl. 

I respect Saban and this rhetoric may apply in college. Once you become a PROFESSIONAL, you and you alone are responsible for yourself. 

You think leadership is what in this case? Someone on the team driving out to top golf at 2am to take his keys away from him? What a dumb statement. 

Ruggs could have called a cab. But it's a lack of leadership on the team that was the problem? You miss me with this Mr. Saban.

• Like 2

Right, I read that garbage and just shook my head. Total bs, I’m sure he wasn’t a problem at bama, cuz I’ll bet my bank acccount a good deal gets just swept under the carpet in Tuscaloosa. Either way it’s a really stupid statement! 10 different ways it could’ve been avoided but it’s OUR leaderships fault. SMH x 100!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Bold Take: I think we should trade Josh Jacobs for a Day 2 pick. I think we can find his replacement in free agency and use 4 picks in the first two days. Josh stock is high after finishing the season strong. 

I understand this.  No way we pay him 10mil on the 5th year option.