Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 2/18/2022 at 1:33 PM, Jerry said:

Just talked to my son about this.  We're drafting a RB this year and next year and just replacing him.  We aren't picking up that 5th year option.

I like Jacobs but 10 million? No way. And I don’t even know if you can re-sign player if you decline their option, or if he’d want to. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m totally fine trading Jacobs for a 3rd. (We aren’t getting a 2nd). Finding starting RB’s in the 2nd/3rd and even 4th Round is not that difficult. Plus they would be a committee with Drake. 

honestly outside the top 15 or 20 players, there's alot of really good prospects on the same tier like 20-100

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

honestly outside the top 15 or 20 players, there's alot of really good prospects on the same tier like 20-100

Seems like every year the difference between a late 1st and around 40th range have very similar talent.  I would not be against trading back to the 35-40 range for an extra 3rd and 2023 2nd or better of course.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Seems like every year the difference between a late 1st and around 40th range have very similar talent.  I would not be against trading back to the 35-40 range for an extra 3rd and 2023 2nd or better of course.

39 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

usually I feel like late first- to early/mid 3rd there are similar prospects. This year I really think there is great value on day 2. Every year there does seem to be a drop off once day 3 rolls around. 

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

usually I feel like late first- to early/mid 3rd there are similar prospects. This year I really think there is great value on day 2. Every year there does seem to be a drop off once day 3 rolls around. 

If we can load up on day 2 picks I would.  We need a lot of foundational pieces.  If we can get 22 starting caliber players on the field next year I will be happy.  Then we can look to add some big time weapons in 2023.

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I absolutely agree.  Heck, isn’t that the basis for Mayock’s draft failures?  Unless some we really really like is there at 22 I’m all for tracing back.  I’d prefer to stay at the end of round 1 and keep the 5th year option  unless we got rather good value for the trade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I have a question?

When MM get signed the Raiders should get a comp 3th round pick. Is it this year or next year we received the pick?

I believe it will be next year.  You have to wait until a specific date and factor in all FA signings to calculate comps since our signings could cancel out anyone signing our FAs.

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Olson signed to be an Offensive Assistant with the Rams.

That’s really what’s Olsen should be if not a QB coach.  He’s not really capable of play-calling at an above average level from an offensive HCs implemented system, nor is he capable of being a OC who develops his own system.  But as a Offensive Assistant he’s capable of just coaching the system that’s there. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I believe it will be next year.  You have to wait until a specific date and factor in all FA signings to calculate comps since our signings could cancel out anyone signing our FAs.

“The Guide”: 
https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks/

Yeah, compensatory picks for the ‘22 draft come from ‘21 FA and ‘22 FA will dictate compensatory picks for the ‘23 draft.  
Comp. picks are based only on a formula based on FAs whose contract ended:

Only players signed from the start of FA until 4PM on the Monday after the NFL draft are counted.  So a relatively expensive  FA who signs after this date, such as Javadeon Clowney, doesn’t count, as 

players released from active contracts are not counted.  example, if we release jacobs and he signs a big contract the team who signs him doesn’t count jacobs as an addition in their formula.  Also, If a contract has an option and it’s voided, that player doesn’t count as a lost or gained player. Also, RFAs not tendered who sign elsewhere don’t count.

Players with 10 years or more can only net a 5th, even if they otherwise would have qualify for higher.  Also, players signed who qualified for Veteran Salary Benefit don’t count in equation or if a veteran is signed for 1yr and less than 1.75M, even if their play time would qualify them.

Also, you get a comp pick if you sign a Minority HC or GM from another team under “Resolution JC-2A”: https://overthecap.com/2020-resolution-jc-2a/