Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I remember most of the posters on here, said this team sucked. I knew this team was a good young team on the rise. Just need to make a few moves, a coach, and keep building the program up. We are a young team on the rise 

I remember a lot of posters on here doubting this team before last season as well.  I remember telling everyone that we could literally lose our #1 WR and HC and still go 10-7 with a 4 game winning streak to end the season to make it into the playoffs.

And.  Look.  What.  Happened.

(This post is just supposed to make everyone laugh)

Anyway, I don't know about young team on the rise.  Starting to think we will be one of the older teams in the NFL this season.  We are older at a handful of positions compared to this past season plus we only have 5 picks this draft.  KC is about to have 12ish rookies on their roster after the T. Hill trade.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I remember most of the posters on here, said this team sucked. I knew this team was a good young team on the rise. Just need to make a few moves, a coach, and keep building the program up. We are a young team on the rise 

You mean a dumpster fire? 😂 

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You mean a dumpster fire? 😂 

This group is bipolar, lol. 

Chargers/Broncos make moves and we don't it was trade Carr/rebuild

We get Adams then it was Carr god status

McDaniels says we need to find sweet spot it was trade Carr again

Resign Carr and now he is the GOAT again, lol

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Idk who you're pointing out specifically, but I was full rebuild mode pre Wilson.  Now, not so much.  I think we have kept it competitive in the moves we've made.  If we regress, I'm in all out blow it up mode.  Trade DC, And anyone of value over 26, draft whatever QB you can next year, move on.  And by regress, I mean less than 10 wins.  That's my bar.

Just now, Totty said:

Idk who you're pointing out specifically, but I was full rebuild mode pre Wilson.  Now, not so much.  I think we have kept it competitive in the moves we've made.  If we regress, I'm in all out blow it up mode.  Trade DC, And anyone of value over 26, draft whatever QB you can next year, move on.  And by regress, I mean less than 10 wins.  That's my bar.

There's too many to even point out. There's absolutely zero chance that we blow up the entire roster next offseason. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

There's too many to even point out. There's absolutely zero chance that we blow up the entire roster next offseason. 

Yeah that can't happen in one off season.  But you can get your QBOTF and pieces.  

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

Yeah that can't happen in one off season.  But you can get your QBOTF and pieces.  

If the new regime is ready to give up on their current plan/vision after one year, that's not a great sign. One of the reasons that we've been meh for so long is because we've lacked continuity. There are so many variables that can and will effect our season. But the bottom line is we have a new coaching staff, a new offensive system, and we're implementing our third defensive system in three years. I'm optimistic that the team will be better next season but I feel like a lot of fans are setting themselves up for disappointment.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Now I can only speak for myself but my opinion of the players and their value has not changed.  When the team makes a move I disagree with I criticize it but then if I am going to continue with the discussion I need to look at what I think the team should do under the new circumstances.  That is not bipolar but rather just evaluating new information.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Now I can only speak for myself but my opinion of the players and their value has not changed.  When the team makes a move I disagree with I criticize it but then if I am going to continue with the discussion I need to look at what I think the team should do under the new circumstances.  That is not bipolar but rather just evaluating new information.

The collective thinking here went from blow up the roster to we're going to the Super Bowl in like 2 days.

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The collective thinking here went from blow up the roster to we're going to the Super Bowl in like 2 days.

Like I said I can only speak for myself.  Right now every team has a shot at the SB but I believe are chances of going on a playoff run are very small and I will not even bother discussing a SB run.  I would like to just make the playoffs and get a win.  I still think the moves made were the wrong time to go all in but that is the direction we are heading in.  Time to hope for the best.  

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Like I said I can only speak for myself.  Right now every team has a shot at the SB but I believe are chances of going on a playoff run are very small and I will not even bother discussing a SB run.  I would like to just make the playoffs and get a win.  I still think the moves made were the wrong time to go all in but that is the direction we are heading in.  Time to hope for the best.  

I agree, I'm happy that we added Adams but I honestly would've preferred that we signed Allen Robinson at $15M APY and kept our 1st/2nd. We have talent but we're extremely top heavy and are an injury or two away from being screwed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I'm kind of in this mindset too. We made the playoffs last year in adversity and at the start of the year I thought it reasonable that playoffs should be a realistic goal and if we didn't make them it would be considered a disappointment. We achieved that even with all the turbulence. Now, even though other teams in the division have no doubt improved I would look for small, incremental improvements in our team too. Make the playoffs again this year, possibly win a playoff game, continue to build and maybe in a year or two we will be genuine contenders which ties in with the Adams and Carr contracts. 

Just now, Darbsk said:

Now, even though other teams in the division have no doubt improved I would look for small, incremental improvements in our team too. Make the playoffs again this year, possibly win a playoff game, continue to build and maybe in a year or two we will be genuine contenders which ties in with the Adams and Carr contracts. 

I think we should be expecting more than a small, incremental improvement this year if the coaching staff and big additions pan out. We saw with the Bengals last year that a team can get hot and make a run to the Super Bowl so anything is possible, I'm just worried about being top heavy. And with all of the money that we've spent we're really going to have to hit on draft picks over the next couple of years to get over the hump.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think we should be expecting more than a small, incremental improvement this year if the coaching staff and big additions pan out. We saw with the Bengals last year that a team can get hot and make a run to the Super Bowl so anything is possible, I'm just worried about being top heavy. And with all of the money that we've spent we're really going to have to hit on draft picks over the next couple of years to get over the hump.

Oh, I can totally see that point of view and maybe I'm a bit more circumspect. We have thrown a lot of valuable resources at this off season and of course still have the draft to come but I'm also a realist and I think it's a little early to expect to be a contender straight away. If we are then brilliant but I won't be too upset if the moves we make now pay dividends a little later so long as we see some signs. We do need to see potential this year.

With regard the Bengals, they had a great year but I do not think anyone would realistically call them the best AFC side, I think they had a great run and overachieved and that certainly is possible for us too but I don't expect it. What I don't want to see is an 8-9 season or obvious regression on the defense, same issues with offence etc.