Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Darbsk said:

Oh, I can totally see that point of view and maybe I'm a bit more circumspect. We have thrown a lot of valuable resources at this off season and of course still have the draft to come but I'm also a realist and I think it's a little early to expect to be a contender straight away. If we are then brilliant but I won't be too upset if the moves we make now pay dividends a little later so long as we see some signs. We do need to see potential this year.

With regard the Bengals, they had a great year but I do not think anyone would realistically call them the best AFC side, I think they had a great run and overachieved and that certainly is possible for us too but I don't expect it. What I don't want to see is an 8-9 season or obvious regression on the defense, same issues with offence etc.

Adams/Waller are going to be 30 years old, Chandler Jones is 32 years old, our window to compete with those guys is now. 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Adams/Waller are going to be 30 years old, Chandler Jones is 32 years old, our window to compete with those guys is now. 

Yep, good point. 30 to 33 for Waller and Adams still near their peak ( I think Adams ages well due to his technical ability rather than reliance on pure athleticism) and 32 to 34 possibly for Jones. I'm not thinking 4 years down the line but it may take 18 months to come to fruition, I still think those guys will be very good to elite players then so we won't have missed the window IMO. 

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I'm kind of in this mindset too. We made the playoffs last year in adversity and at the start of the year I thought it reasonable that playoffs should be a realistic goal and if we didn't make them it would be considered a disappointment. We achieved that even with all the turbulence. Now, even though other teams in the division have no doubt improved I would look for small, incremental improvements in our team too. Make the playoffs again this year, possibly win a playoff game, continue to build and maybe in a year or two we will be genuine contenders which ties in with the Adams and Carr contracts. 

I wanted to clear the bad contract this year and get the contracts of our own talent settled while fillings holes in the draft which we would have had a shot at getting some good young players in the first 3 rounds.  Let the GB drama playout and trade for Adams if need be after the draft if that became a cheap option trade wise.  If there was good value in trading for Adams this year then I would have looked to extending Carr this year.  If not I would have waited for Adams to become a free agent and and extend Carr next year as my ideal situation.  I think we still have a huge advantage over other teams in FA with Adams but might have had to up the money some but we still would have had a lot of cap room.  The only move I might have kept the same is if they saw a huge difference in Jones and Ngakoue for the schemes and getting Ya-Sin.  We still would have a lot of cap space but could have added to our core players on cheap contracts all for the price of putting off going all in for 1 year.  We would have had more talent then last year with cap flexibility and everybody on good contracts.   

Now the salt in the wound is Littleton signing for less than $3 million after the horrible job Gruden and Mayock did with his restructure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Now the salt in the wound is Littleton signing for less than $3 million after the horrible job Gruden and Mayock did with his restructure

Yes that is terrible, really shows how poorly they handled certain things.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:52 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Need more details but with her saying 'dirty/nasty' I'm thinking it's kink/BDSM play. Now it's probably over so she using it to get paid... I've had women ask for that and even beg for marks a LOT deeper colors than what she's showing. Business women and marks are always where the clothes cover while at work. Been in a vanilla LTR the past 9 years but played with some freaks that I couldn't even keep up with back in the day. Not the healthiest of relations but memorable. 

On 4/16/2022 at 5:46 PM, G said:

Need more details but with her saying 'dirty/nasty' I'm thinking it's kink/BDSM play. Now it's probably over so she using it to get paid... I've had women ask for that and even beg for marks a LOT deeper colors than what she's showing. Business women and marks are always where the clothes cover while at work. Been in a vanilla LTR the past 9 years but played with some freaks that I couldn't even keep up with back in the day. Not the healthiest of relations but memorable. 

Women can be so much more evil and devious then men.  Obviously that’s not a blanket statement on all women but there Are a select few that will go to no ends to ruin an ex.  I never understood some of these athletes mindset of thinking when it comes to having kids with these “IG Model” types.  To me their simps, suckers, etc because at the end of the day yeah they knocked off a really hot chick but it’s going to cost them 100s of thousands if not more then a million dollars in absorbent child support payments which do NOT cover the child but rather are a form of alimony.  We see 50k+ a month child support payments all the time.  What child needs 50k a month…. And I understand they need food, shelter, insurance, etc…. That money is supporting the mother at a rate exceeding 75%.  Their ain’t a P in existence worth paying a good chunk of my income for the next 18 Years.  The women that go After these athletes know exactly what their planning to Do and get.  And again and again sucker Male athletes fall for it.  Woman Who will bring a child into this world for their financial benefit are capable of doing anything in their powers to keep the money coming in.  I’d be shocked to hear that this wasn’t a set-up as you stated, moreso then shocked to find out it was.

between child support and ridiculous spending on jewelry, cars, etc its no wonder most athletes go broke 3 years after retirement.  How can you set yourself up to live 40+ years off approx 3-8 years or work when your paying 50% in taxes and agents and then have to make ridiculous child support payments.  It’s basically a choice of knocking of a bunch of IG models or working at Enterprise/State Farm from your 30s to late 50s.  

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 11:02 AM, drfrey13 said:

I wanted to clear the bad contract this year and get the contracts of our own talent settled while fillings holes in the draft which we would have had a shot at getting some good young players in the first 3 rounds.  Let the GB drama playout and trade for Adams if need be after the draft if that became a cheap option trade wise.  If there was good value in trading for Adams this year then I would have looked to extending Carr this year.  If not I would have waited for Adams to become a free agent and and extend Carr next year as my ideal situation.  I think we still have a huge advantage over other teams in FA with Adams but might have had to up the money some but we still would have had a lot of cap room.  The only move I might have kept the same is if they saw a huge difference in Jones and Ngakoue for the schemes and getting Ya-Sin.  We still would have a lot of cap space but could have added to our core players on cheap contracts all for the price of putting off going all in for 1 year.  We would have had more talent then last year with cap flexibility and everybody on good contracts.   

Now the salt in the wound is Littleton signing for less than $3 million after the horrible job Gruden and Mayock did with his restructure.

I wouldn't pay a dime for him. He's sucks so bad he actually gets in the way of the other players trying to make a tackle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I wouldn't pay a dime for him. He's sucks so bad he actually gets in the way of the other players trying to make a tackle

I would not want him back either but just shows how they have overpaid and over-drafted most players brought in.

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I would not want him back either but just shows how they have overpaid and over-drafted most players brought in.

Did anyone actually see Littleton coming in and being that bad?

The only thing I've learned is to never sign defensive players from the Rams.  Aaron Donald makes the entire team around him look better.  It's why they can sign garbage DEs and they come in for one year and have double digit sacks and then get paid elsewhere just to do nothing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jerry said:

The only thing I've learned is to never sign defensive players from the Rams.  Aaron Donald makes the entire team around him look better.  It's why they can sign garbage DEs and they come in for one year and have double digit sacks and then get paid elsewhere just to do nothing.

I did not think he was going to be that bad but I did think he was overpaid and then we made it worse on multiple occasions and he made it worse buy not even being a good player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

No, He was always bad against the run but he was great in coverage but the last 2 years he sucked at both. I think he just wanted one big paycheck and didn't even try after signing it.

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:
17 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think it's fair to say Littleton was fools gold as it turned out. I don't recall many people criticising the signing at the time and I for one thought he could cure most of our TE and coverage issues. It's easy to be critical after the fact but it was a widely well received signing and I thought like most here it was a good signing at the time albeit quite expensive. We didn't help ourselves by restructuring and he was always a finesse player not a hitter. This experience should make us wary of signing players and for ourselves scouting players who look good players but are perhaps elevated by playing in a great D or with great players like Donald.