Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think it's fair to say Littleton was fools gold as it turned out. I don't recall many people criticising the signing at the time and I for one thought he could cure most of our TE and coverage issues. It's easy to be critical after the fact but it was a widely well received signing and I thought like most here it was a good signing at the time albeit quite expensive. We didn't help ourselves by restructuring and he was always a finesse player not a hitter. This experience should make us wary of signing players and for ourselves scouting players who look good players but are perhaps elevated by playing in a great D or with great players like Donald.

I remember thinking he was coming from a stacked Rams defense, usually the game is easier playing with someone like Donald and great coaching. I was told not to worry and his PFF score was great. Same reason I didn't want that Johnson safety from the Rams. Dude got the bank and isn't the same on the Browns. 

On 4/22/2022 at 5:29 PM, drfrey13 said:

I did not think he was going to be that bad but I did think he was overpaid and then we made it worse on multiple occasions and he made it worse buy not even being a good player.

Actually when we signed him it was initially viewed as a “value”.  Littleton was expected to get 2-3M more annually. 

After the first year it was apparent to me that the other teams in FA knew what we and the media didn’t: Littleton had serious flaws and his playmaking ability was significantly aided by the great defense he was playing in when with the Rams.  They’re we’re always questions about his ability to get off blocks, but when he had that rams defensive line in front of him it hid his deficiencies.  He didn’t have that here and won’t have it again, most likely.

but after year 1 when it was obvious he wasn’t very good we shouldn’t have restructured him.  We should have taken our lumps and prepared to release him as soon as possible.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2022 at 12:32 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

. I think he just wanted one big paycheck and didn't even try after signing it.

It’s sad at How often that happens with players we sign in FA.  They get paid and only play as hard as they think they need to so they can get as much out of the contract as they can before getting cut.

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s sad at How often that happens with players we sign in FA.  They get paid and only play as hard as they think they need to so they can get as much out of the contract as they can before getting cut.

The Raiders just had terrible luck since 90s. They had 2 promising QBs addiction to drugs. What are the odds of that happening?

On 4/16/2022 at 4:36 AM, Darbsk said:

30 to 33 for Waller

News in Packerland is that Waller was originally part of the trade for Davante Adams- but the League nixed it because of the franchise tag rules. Can't trade one tagged player for an un-tagged player. So the Packers and Raiders settled on 22/53 instead of 22/Waller. And now the Raiders/Packers are talking about sending # 53 back to LV for Waller in a draft day trade. Stay tuned

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

News in Packerland is that Waller was originally part of the trade for Davante Adams- but the League nixed it because of the franchise tag rules. Can't trade one tagged player for an un-tagged player. So the Packers and Raiders settled on 22/53 instead of 22/Waller. And now the Raiders/Packers are talking about sending # 53 back to LV for Waller in a draft day trade. Stay tuned

That would be an absolutely horrific trade by us. I will break things in my house.

41 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I’ll take that gb 1st rounder tho 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

I am a big Waller fan but would be open to trading him. Makes sense how the Raiders have meet with TEs in the draft. 

Man an Adams, Waller Renfrow trio is absolutely lethal though. Tons of elite skill and versatility. I like Foster but this year he underwhelmed me.

• Like 1