Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man an Adams, Waller Renfrow trio is absolutely lethal though. Tons of elite skill and versatility. I like Foster but this year he underwhelmed me.

Oh I agree but selling high on his value would be why you would trade him now. Next season he’s 31 which would lower his value imo but we’ll see what happens. If he ain’t traded on Thursday then he ain’t getting traded at all this season. 

I take his age with a grain of salt. Such low miles for a guy who is 30. No major injury history either iirc. 

McD is going to take Waller's production to a whole different level, not to mention Adams on the outside will take major double teams away. We would be fools to move Waller. Give him a nice raise but no way you can trade elite talent away again.

• Like 1

Is that a real tweet by Carr saying “no chance”? Can anyone confirm?

id be pisssssed if we traded Waller.  I mean if someone wants to give us 2 1s he’s dead to me lol, but besides that we really should keep him As I expect McDaniels brings his game to the next level like others here have already stated.  I think he’s primed for a 90-100 catch, 1200-1350 , 8-12TD season season.  
and I know he’s had 2 seasons with similar stats but I think some of those stats were kinda “stat sheet filler” but this year I think the production will be far more meaningful.  I’m prolly doing a poor job saying that but I Just think his production will be more meaningful, ya know?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I take his age with a grain of salt. Such low miles for a guy who is 30. No major injury history either iirc. 

McD is going to take Waller's production to a whole different level, not to mention Adams on the outside will take major double teams away. We would be fools to move Waller. Give him a nice raise but no way you can trade elite talent away again.

Waller could easily play until 34 and be 90% as productive as he is right Now IMO.  He’s an athletic freak that is still learning the nuances of the position so in 2-3 years when he loses that 1/2 a step he should still be an above average athlete for TE and have the experience and skills to account for any minor loss in speed.

id resign Waller after 6/1 when we get the money from releasing Littleton and Nassib and sign him for 3 additional seasons.  Give him an extension of 3yrs, 46M so he’s the highest paid TE in terms of APY and with his ‘23 season at 7M is averages out to 13.25m apy.  Id also front load the deal slightly so he gets a nice payout immediately.  We’ll have the money to give him a ‘23 Roster bonus that will go on this years books and thus reduce the cap hits of the 3 years of new contract.  We did this with Kolton Miller.  

according to Mikerphone on YouTube…. And let me say just does reaction videos and doesn’t seem To Have his own “inside” source on this issue….. the Trade for Davonte Adams was originally going to be #22 and Waller but because Adams did not sign his Franchise Tender he could not be traded for a player, only picks.  Thus, Waller was replaced with the 2nd rounder.  So the rumor has become We’ll get a 2nd rounder, and it’s implied it’s our 2nd rounder, back for Waller is this trade happens.

1.  I can’t see this happening.  Makes zero sense and would be a MASSIVE failure by the FO.  We’ve “gone all in” on a 3 Year Super Bowl run and trading Waller for anything less than a massive haul, such as at minimum our #22 and #56 back… thus making it a Waller for Adams trade essentially…. Makes absolutely zero sense.   Especially when Carr JUST signed an extension that was below market value and structured to help the team and done with a handshake agreement that the money he left behind would be used to Resign players  not just “like Waller” but specifically Waller.  Trading Waller right now would absolutely alienate Carr from the FO And cause major problems.

2.  Waller signed with a new Agent, an a very aggressive/ruthless/ one at that, last year and since then it Sparked rumors Of him Wanting to Get a new deal.  I’m not saying for sure his agent started this rumor

in hopes of creating the spark to get an extension done…. I’m saying I could see the person responsible for creating the rumor using the idea that of Waller wanting a new contract to legitimize the rumor.  But the reality Is the agent knows we don’t have the money right now to sign the extension but we will after 6/1.  However, the draft is days away and a new deal absolutely can’t be done before the draft.

3.  If We only get a 2nd back for Waller that compensation doesn’t even come close to being able to replace his value.  What are we going to Do? Hope Trey McBride falls to #56….. please!  And there’s both no way we’d trade Waller to secure a draft pick to select a RT but Also no RT at #56 that is a sure-shot year 1 starter.

hate to be that guy but I would trade Renfrow if I had too.. his stock is high, he won't see the same amount of targets with Tae and a healthy Waller. Waller is an unicorn in his prime. Their isn't many guys like him in the NFL. You keep this man at all costs, he is franchise player. I think this is all smoke btw 

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Trading away our top talent after retooling like we did to make an obvious playoff run would seem very counterintuitive. I can't see Zeigler doing that. 

all smoke. not like Waller wants to leave. Money isn't an issue with the upcoming cash on June 1st, and alot of money coming off the books in 2023. 

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Is that a real tweet by Carr saying “no chance”? Can anyone confirm?

id be pisssssed if we traded Waller.  I mean if someone wants to give us 2 1s he’s dead to me lol, but besides that we really should keep him As I expect McDaniels brings his game to the next level like others here have already stated.  I think he’s primed for a 90-100 catch, 1200-1350 , 8-12TD season season.  
and I know he’s had 2 seasons with similar stats but I think some of those stats were kinda “stat sheet filler” but this year I think the production will be far more meaningful.  I’m prolly doing a poor job saying that but I Just think his production will be more meaningful, ya know?

i agree with you! idc how high his value is right now i’m dying to see our big 3 (adams,waller,renfrow) against opposing defenses 

Well doesn’t seem like something that has been talked about since the Adams trade. Sounds like the Packers wanted Waller in return Raiders didn’t want to and you can’t trade a player for a player who was franchised. If they want to over pay then sure you trade him if not then hold onto him. Obviously don’t know about what’s going on behind the scenes but doesn’t seem like Waller and his camp are making things public. Showed up the the mini camp. Don’t see him being unprofessional about this 

Only reason I can see you guys dealing Waller is if he's made it known he's doing the off-season stuff in good faith but wants a new deal. If I'm his agent, as a 30 year old who's given your team massively underpaid value over the last 3 years, he shouldn't step foot in TC without a new deal. Every year he plays now is a lower APY on his new deal IMO.

I don't see him going anywhere unless he goes toxic, which I don't see him doing. Hope you pay him either way, he's an awesome story and deserves to set the market for TEs. 

• Like 1