Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Haha I followed that the moment I saw it. There's also a Dak one but screw that.

It's a blatantly weak ripoff but hey I'll take it.

I saw the Dak one and thought it was stupid too. Then I saw this comedic gold and had to follow lol. Another reason to look forward to this upcoming season.

With the team currently carrying four QBs I kind of interpret this as Nathan Peterman is the back up, but Mike Glennon played well enough to have trade value. One thing I noticed is that the Jacksonville Jaguars QB situation is Foles and a struggling rookie, and the Jaguars have a deep front defensively while having Taven Bryan play a half of week 4 of preseason. If there was some sort of deal potentially to work out where Glennon heads to Jacksonville to back up Foles and we get Taven Bryan to develop as a base end I'd be for it. With the selection of Josh Allen and Yannick's ascension as a very good edge player, I'm assuming the need for a base end is reduced and where it isn't as reduced Calais Campbell can play it. I think Taven Bryan's value may be low enough currently to facilitate a trade with Mike Glennon as the centerpiece. I'm not sure Bryan's value is low enough to execute a trade along those lines, but I think it's low enough for them to take that call. I think I would consider moving PJ Hall along with Mike Glennon to pull it off. I'd be comfortable in the talent upside of Bryan, Hankins, Hurst, Ferrell DL, but obviously it would be one without prior production. I'd use the additional roster spot for a LB, preferably one with speed like Elijah Lee cut by the 49ers. I view Taven Bryan as an upside version of whatever they were looking for in Josh Mauro, with the downside of him also not being worth maintaining -- he does have that rookie deal for 3 more years though. From the Jaguars perspective, if Foles went down I'd consider the season lost with Gardner Minshew and even healthy the rookie likely offers little in the QB room coming from Washington State's Air Raid, but Glennon would be potentially able to hold the fort down with a defense of that caliber and is experienced in NFL locker rooms. PJ Hall I think would be an inclusion that would make the Jaguars agree as he has athletic upside and is more of a 3-tech naturally than Bryan is, whereas Bryan is a more natural base end than Hall. Each has overlap though, but if you upsided into starting roles I believe the Raiders would prefer a base end while the Jaguars a 3tech if all cards fell correctly.

5 hours ago, Trojan said:

With the team currently carrying four QBs I kind of interpret this as Nathan Peterman is the back up, but Mike Glennon played well enough to have trade value. One thing I noticed is that the Jacksonville Jaguars QB situation is Foles and a struggling rookie, and the Jaguars have a deep front defensively while having Taven Bryan play a half of week 4 of preseason. If there was some sort of deal potentially to work out where Glennon heads to Jacksonville to back up Foles and we get Taven Bryan to develop as a base end I'd be for it. With the selection of Josh Allen and Yannick's ascension as a very good edge player, I'm assuming the need for a base end is reduced and where it isn't as reduced Calais Campbell can play it. I think Taven Bryan's value may be low enough currently to facilitate a trade with Mike Glennon as the centerpiece. I'm not sure Bryan's value is low enough to execute a trade along those lines, but I think it's low enough for them to take that call. I think I would consider moving PJ Hall along with Mike Glennon to pull it off. I'd be comfortable in the talent upside of Bryan, Hankins, Hurst, Ferrell DL, but obviously it would be one without prior production. I'd use the additional roster spot for a LB, preferably one with speed like Elijah Lee cut by the 49ers. I view Taven Bryan as an upside version of whatever they were looking for in Josh Mauro, with the downside of him also not being worth maintaining -- he does have that rookie deal for 3 more years though. From the Jaguars perspective, if Foles went down I'd consider the season lost with Gardner Minshew and even healthy the rookie likely offers little in the QB room coming from Washington State's Air Raid, but Glennon would be potentially able to hold the fort down with a defense of that caliber and is experienced in NFL locker rooms. PJ Hall I think would be an inclusion that would make the Jaguars agree as he has athletic upside and is more of a 3-tech naturally than Bryan is, whereas Bryan is a more natural base end than Hall. Each has overlap though, but if you upsided into starting roles I believe the Raiders would prefer a base end while the Jaguars a 3tech if all cards fell correctly.

Interesting take and the reasoning is pretty sound. I think it probably shades the trade too much for the Raiders and the Jags would probably look for more value. After the event I know but I''d have loved for us to have seriously looked at Clowney, a 3rd and a rotational piece for a year rental seems like a very good deal. If he plays big he can leave in FA worst case and net a high compensatory pick which would be in the 3rd while playing on the tag this year, great haggling by Seattle!

39 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I never understood these types of list. the difference between first place and second place less then 2 years. Take Brady off the Pats and add a 30 year old QB and they rank 11th

I agree, that said, last years Raider roster looked it's age. Old and slow. 

• Like 2