Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Glad he's back, but still....

We just had to, in a way, roll out the red carpet for a rookie UDFA with zero true game experience to nab him from the practice squad of a team that just lost their starting QB. 

It just keeps getting harder and harder respect our franchise....

Depends what he does. Obviously he isn't too bad jags gave him fill gtd too

34 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We just had to, in a way, roll out the red carpet for a rookie UDFA with zero true game experience to nab him from the practice squad of a team that just lost their starting QB. 

Harder to respect our franchise? Doss knows the system and flashed in the preseason. What better options were there for us at WR? 

39 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

You call the "red carpet" less than a mil a year? He needed that just to make up for moving, living cost and tax. Calm down.

Edited by NightTrainLane
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

You call the "red carpet" less than a mil a year? He needed that just to make up for moving cost and tax. Calm down.

It's called a figure of speech. 

My point was that we clearly had to sweeten the deal just to lure somebody off of a practice squad. That's just....not cool. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Harder to respect our franchise? Doss knows the system and flashed in the preseason. What better options were there for us at WR? 

Yes. See above. 

Kyle Sloter tore up the preseason. Shall we move Carr out for him? Kidding...

There probably weren't any better options. I was disappointed that we cut him in the first place. I hope he winds up being the next UDFA to HoF WR in the league. 

None of it negates the fact that we practically had to beg someone to come off of a friggin practice squad. It should be an honor for a PS player to have their phone ring, not something that they turn down unless a pot gets sweetened. 

So yes, it makes it hard to stomach how little someone on Jacksonville's practice squad is dying to come play for us. That's about as low as it can get- grovelling to a practice squadder. 

Edited by ronjon1990

I will say this now that the sting from Brown has diminished and the Cowboy game is over.  I am officially correct that Cooper will have a better year in Dallas than AB will have in Oakland.  I am not going to point fingers but you know who you are.  On a positive note it is nice to see Doss back on the team.  Is he eligible to play this week or do we have to wait?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's called a figure of speech. 

My point was that we clearly had to sweeten the deal just to lure somebody off of a practice squad. That's just....not cool. 

Yes. See above. 

Kyle Sloter tore up the preseason. Shall we move Carr out for him? Kidding...

There probably weren't any better options. I was disappointed that we cut him in the first place. I hope he winds up being the next UDFA to HoF WR in the league. 

None of it negates the fact that we practically had to beg someone to come off of a friggin practice squad. It should be an honor for a PS player to have their phone ring, not something that they turn down unless a pot gets sweetened. 

So yes, it makes it hard to stomach how little someone on Jacksonville's practice squad is dying to come play for us. That's about as low as it can get- grovelling to a practice squadder. 

Only you think that. We weren't begging. The guy was wanted us and Jacksonville. We both made offers. That is bidding. Once again calm down.

If you want to feel bad about the team find some other real reason.

55 minutes ago, G said:

Doss didn't sign until after Foles went down and he realized he won't see the field. Then Oakland sweetened the deal and he was probably sweating he turned us down. Well played by Doss. 

Or since the NFL is a business he went to the team that offered him more money in the end since he was a UDFA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Only you think that. We weren't begging. The guy was wanted us and Jacksonville. We both made offers. That is bidding. Once again calm down.

If you want to feel bad about the team find some other real reason.

Ok buddy, totally forgot you're the expert on all things Raiders 🙄