Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The question with Doss is, if you liked him this much, why not put him on the 53 to start with vs. keeping 3 QBs? 

I think Brown certainly played a role and Gruden likes to have multiple QBs. A starter a backup and a developmental guy. I think at the end of the day Doss is an undrafted guy so there will be a natural bias towards him. They wanted him on the practice squad but Doss wanted a better situation. I seem to remember he had a lot of drops early on which doesn’t bode well because Carr likes to throw to guys who can consistently make catches. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The question with Doss is, if you liked him this much, why not put him on the 53 to start with vs. keeping 3 QBs? 

Brown was supposed to be here. Now, they have a need and he knows the playbook. Plus fans are happy he's back because he was featured on hard knocks and he's from the bay area. The fans definitely need something to make them feel a bit better at this time. A 300k signing bonus on an UDFA contract is a 100K cap hit increase for each year. It's nothing.

• Like 2