Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Lions - Stafford is playing his best ball and the Raiders have struggled with top QBs. Hopefully the crowd is into it Sunday. That Lions team can play.

I see the Raiders with 8-9 wins. Defense just isn't good enough. They will loose to a team like the Jets letting Darnold throw on them for example.

dont say that, im going to that Jets game. Thatll be a looong flight back to LAX

5 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

There isn't much talent there, but I'm starting to lose faith in guenther. Hopefully he proves me wrong like Carr has the past few weeks but I feel like his scheme is very predictable and basic.

not making an adjustment on the RPO Rollout was tough to watch. But its also hard to ask for much from a DC without 1 difference maker on that side of the ball.

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

dont say that, im going to that Jets game. Thatll be a looong flight back to LAX

The Jets shipped out Big Cat. Rumors of Bell and Anderson being moved next are circulating. That team is a dumpster fire with one of the worst o-lines ever. I hope Ferrell can break out that game.

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

not making an adjustment on the RPO Rollout was tough to watch. But its also hard to ask for much from a DC without 1 difference maker on that side of the ball.

As bad as our D is, I think 1 or 2 playmakers can really make a difference.

we have a bunch of serviceable guys, who can do their job. But when game is on the line, no one steps up.

a ball hawk on the backend, a lber who can create fumbles, or an edge rusher would obviously do wonders.

i know it’s easier said then done. 
but my point is adding even just 1 of those type of players would elevate this whole D

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Lions - Stafford is playing his best ball and the Raiders have struggled with top QBs. Hopefully the crowd is into it Sunday. That Lions team can play.

I see the Raiders with 8-9 wins. Defense just isn't good enough. They will loose to a team like the Jets letting Darnold throw on them for example.

The Lions D is trash. Can't stop the run or the pass. Not much of a pass rush either.

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

we have a bunch of serviceable guys, who can do their job. But when game is on the line, no one steps up.

a ball hawk on the backend, a lber who can create fumbles, or an edge rusher would obviously do wonders.

but my point is adding even just 1 of those type of players would elevate this whole D

Although I want one we do not need a dominate defense.  We get a couple above average players and we allow GB to score as many TDs as punts instead of a 2:1 ratio and we beat GB 75% of the time.  Same thing with the Texans.  We did not force a punt or a TO in the second half.  These are both playoff teams that we could have beat.  That is what makes it so frustrating and makes me hopeful at the same time.  We just need a top 20 defense and our offense looks like it is capable of being top five no matter the opponent if we do not screw it up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

i agree with that. I posted in another thread that i dont believe were as far off as it seems defensively. 

And now that the offense seems solidified, minus another WR. We can commit a lot of resources to the defensive side of the ball this off-season. We also have a lot of youth on defense so we could be looking at a lot of growth from within next season.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The Lions D is trash. Can't stop the run or the pass. Not much of a pass rush either.

His point was that our offense is not quite there yet to overcome our defense.  They can be but they keep making mistakes.  GB the 3 TOs inside the 5 and in Houston the WRs could not make the catches.  If one aspect breaks down then we lose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

So they are the Raiders with a better QB and worse run game?

Oh and this nugget lol:

Refs better loosen up their arms on Sunday

Edited by big_palooka

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

His point was that our offense is not quite there yet to overcome our defense.  They can be but they keep making mistakes.  GB the 3 TOs inside the 5 and in Houston the WRs could not make the catches.  If one aspect breaks down then we lose.

Exactly. The defense is so suspect, the team has to play clean and limit mistakes because they can't overcome them. Down 2 scores, the game is largely over right now. Defense can't make a stop or get a turnover.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

So they are the Raiders with a better QB and worse run game?

Kinda. Actually, I always thought Stafford and Carr were in the same tier. The Lions right now are Stafford and a good WR group. The Raiders offense is more balanced. Obviously, our running game is much better. On D, we are much better against the run.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:41 AM, big_palooka said:

Hopefully the crowd is into it Sunday. 

I’m in Sonoma County and know a lot of season ticket holders looking forward to the tailgate and game to distract from the fires/blackouts so I think the crowd will be amped.