Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Winning changes a lot.  We are over achieving right now so even at .500 everyone is happy.  The team is playing hard and good.  We  will find out the mental makeup of this team when we regress and underachieve.  Not trying to be a Debbie downer but it happens to every team.  Right now though I am loving my Sundays watching this team.  I have even found the losses to be entertaining games.  I like our trajectory and it seems like every player is getting better at this point.  Short week could be interesting and the Chargers somehow just smacked around the Packers. Let's see if their D is for real or they just matched up well against GB.  The icing on the cake though is Chicago with another loss.  

i wouldnt say we are overachieving, we are winning games we should win. we arent shooting ourselves in the foot AS MUCH. I dont think we have a bad loss this year, meaning losing to teams we should beat. I am not sold on the Lions or the Colts, so i wasnt shocked we beat them. I think we are playing up to our talent level, and not down, like we have for so many years. We are looking like a well coached team on offense, that is good enough to carry the team to wins vs bad to pretty good teams. With how our schedule plays out, i could see us going 5-3 or 6-2. Weve played some good football vs some good teams, and are battle tested. I see us splitting with the Chargers and losing to KC, we should be favorites vs the rest of the schedule. 

I started the year with a 8-8 outlook, moved it to 9-7 after we beat the Bears. if we take cared of business on Thursday, im moving it to 10-6. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i wouldnt say we are overachieving, we are winning games we should win. we arent shooting ourselves in the foot AS MUCH. I dont think we have a bad loss this year, meaning losing to teams we should beat. I am not sold on the Lions or the Colts, so i wasnt shocked we beat them. I think we are playing up to our talent level, and not down, like we have for so many years. We are looking like a well coached team on offense, that is good enough to carry the team to wins vs bad to pretty good teams. With how our schedule plays out, i could see us going 5-3 or 6-2. Weve played some good football vs some good teams, and are battle tested. I see us splitting with the Chargers and losing to KC, we should be favorites vs the rest of the schedule. 

I started the year with a 8-8 outlook, moved it to 9-7 after we beat the Bears. if we take cared of business on Thursday, im moving it to 10-6. 

Most had us with a similar record to last year and for good reason.  We are an extremely young team, have had injuries and suspensions everywhere, only second year in new O and D systems, questions and/or holes at every level in the team, AB, Burfict, Abram, starting o-line has only played 10 snaps as a unit, and the worst 1st half schedule ever.  To be 4-4 is one hell of an accomplishment and I doubt few if any had us at 4-4 before the season.  7 of our 9 picks are starters or where before injury.  This team has not even had time to gel.  Normally you could say the ball has bounced our way or we have received help from the refs but we are -1 in turnovers and have had more setbacks from the refs than gifts.  This team is playing better than just about anyone thought they could outside of that locker room.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:43 AM, drfrey13 said:

Most had us with a similar record to last year and for good reason.  We are an extremely young team, have had injuries and suspensions everywhere, only second year in new O and D systems, questions and/or holes at every level in the team, AB, Burfict, Abram, starting o-line has only played 10 snaps as a unit, and the worst 1st half schedule ever.  To be 4-4 is one hell of an accomplishment and I doubt few if any had us at 4-4 before the season.  7 of our 9 picks are starters or where before injury.  This team has not even had time to gel.  Normally you could say the ball has bounced our way or we have received help from the refs but we are -1 in turnovers and have had more setbacks from the refs than gifts.  This team is playing better than just about anyone thought they could outside of that locker room.

some had a pessimistic outlook, some believed a little more in what we were doing. Your opinion is that they are overachieving, imo they are doing the things they should be. i dont want to turn this into a i was right all along deal, because thats not what it is. But i saw a team that improved throughout last season and could tell Gruden had a hold of this locker room. We brought in a lot of talent this offseason. We have dogs on the OL and i felt DC would excel in year two of Gruden.I also felt with a run game and our OL that would keep us in games. Again, weve lost to teams that should beat us, and we beat teams we should beat. were a decent team growing into a winning team and still need a ton of help. I think at this time, were a team that will lose to good teams and win vs bad to decent teams. Thats why its hard for me to pick a winner vs the Chargers, because im not sure what they are at the moment, but ill always ride with the Silver & Black. 

all in all, im just glad we have a team that is headed in the right direction and is winning ball games

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

some had a pessimistic outlook, some believed a little more in what we were doing. Your opinion is that they are overachieving, imo they are doing the things they should be. i dont want to turn this into a i was right all along deal, because thats not what it is. But i saw a team that improved throughout last season and could tell Gruden had a hold of this locker room. We brought in a lot of talent this offseason. We have dogs on the OL and i felt DC would excel in year two of Gruden.I also felt with a run game and our OL that would keep us in games. Again, weve lost to teams that should beat us, and we beat teams we should beat. were a decent team growing into a winning team and still need a ton of help. I think at this time, were a team that will lose to good teams and win vs bad to decent teams. Thats why its hard for me to pick a winner vs the Chargers, because im not sure what they are at the moment, but ill always ride with the Silver & Black. 

all in all, im just glad we have a team that is headed in the right direction and is winning ball games

Agreed but I was pointing to obstacles that the team has overcome.  Some you could see coming and some you could not.  I do not think many if any saw Cable's line playing this well with all these injuries and suspension.  I am happy I get to watch entertaining football again which is a winning season for me this year.