Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Summary? Refuse to watch that dude. Far worse than Skip, Shannon, Stephen A, Kellermen, and that annoying white dude on FS1. 

FS1/ESPN Talk Shows are literally unwatchable. NFLN is better but still bad. 

I mostly stick to the NFL channel on SiriusXM. They have some quality audio shows with good discussion. 

Edited by BayRaider

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Summary?. 

Basically how we looked like we'd be a ish show but are actually really good and that Gruden and Mayock are 'football guys' first and make it work. Gruden understanding 'branding' and that he does what he does in front of the camera for branding etc...The commentator thought we'd be a laffing stock but is a believer even if it doesn't look conventional. Also thought Gruden was away from the game too long and admits he's wrong. Just eating some crow basically...

• Like 1

I am going to start by saying no need to tell me this is premature because I already know it is.  I just wanted to throw this out there and let it marinate for a few months though. 

We already lost to KC and going into KC in December is the closest thing to an automatic loss this year for us.  We will be 0-2 against KC but still have a chance to make the playoffs.  If we meet them for a third time in the playoffs the chances of us losing a third time to the same team in the same year is incredibly small.  So I am calling it now.  We end KC's season in the playoffs, in KC, in December if we get the chance and Carr finally gets the KC monkey off his back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am going to start by saying no need to tell me this is premature because I already know it is.  I just wanted to throw this out there and let it marinate for a few months though. 

We already lost to KC and going into KC in December is the closest thing to an automatic loss this year for us.  We will be 0-2 against KC but still have a chance to make the playoffs.  If we meet them for a third time in the playoffs the chances of us losing a third time to the same team in the same year is incredibly small.  So I am calling it now.  We end KC's season in the playoffs, in KC, in December if we get the chance and Carr finally gets the KC monkey off his back.

Love the last sentence. Like Steve Young getting the SB Monkey off his back. Carr has indeed beatin KC his rookie year and in 2017, but he needs to do it in a game that matters. It’s no joke for some reason KC always owns Derek Carr when games matter. Doesn’t matter if they have the 32nd Secondary, Alex Smith, Patrick Mahomes, Carr always looks absolutely awful against KC. 

If Carr can have an impressive game against KC this year (whether regular season or playoffs) and somehow someway come out of that with a win, I’ll profess Carr as our guy for the foreseeable future. As you said, he needs to get the KC monkey off his back. And then cue T.O. QB GIF. 

• Like 1

In non Thursday Games where KC has a full week to prepare (Reids track record in Thursday games is not good) Carr is 0-9 vs Kansas City and 0-5 on the road and has never won in Kansas City. He has 10 TDs and 10 INTs with a QB Rating in the High 70’s and a measly 6 yards per attempt. 

Definitely needs to get that KC monkey off his back. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Does anybody know if Abram can come back from IR?

I asked the question a few days ago and someone said yes.  I just read that he is suppose to be out 5-6 months.  That would allow him to come back for the Super Bowl and that would still be a little early.  So that means no Burfict or Abrams for the playoffs.  The Burfict suspension really irritates me.  The play should dictate the number of games and is should be clear.  You should not be able to say the hit is a 12 game suspension and if you team plays more we will just tack some more on.  If they decided to suspend him 16 games and we did not make the playoffs he should miss 12 this year and 4 next year.  If he misses 12 regular season games and we make it to the Super Bowl from the wildcard then he should the entire post season and be eligible week 1 next year.  Something like the commissioner's list should be the only time the limit is not set and be applied only in ongoing investigations or for players who need to do something to complete suspension.  None of this is applicable to Burfict.  You can hate the player all you want but they are all part of a union and the league must apply the rules fairly and equally.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 6:23 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I’m going be at the last 3 games 

Look HB if you pull a Happy Gilmore and run over Mahomes with a golf cart then you’d totally redeem yourself in the eyes off every one here and be a hero for years to come. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 1:17 AM, oakdb36 said:

Reading this forum, i'm pretty sure if we win a SB there will be people saying "Meh, let's see if we can repeat".

It’s like being in an abusive relationship and then going into a good relationship. They may say that they love you but you’re always gonna be like yeah but do you really love me. 

One other thing is that they Raiders haven’t lost to teams they should beat. I feel like in years past they would lose to teams like the Broncos or Bears. They always seem ready to play. The only flat game they had was against the Vikings who have been a pretty good team this year. 

• Like 1