Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't think it's considered at all (unless Young is available). If we take a DL, it's a DT.

Maxx has been impressive but definitely hasn’t showed he’s full on starter material yet. EDGE is certainly still a huge need. Our Pass Rush from the edge is bottom 3 in the league. 

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I disagree with this. I am more comfortable about our DT rotation than DE.

Yes he’s vastly overrating the Thursday game. Maxx is still an exceptional rotational rusher at this point and not a starter. I’m still hoping he evolves into a start but Maxx/Ferrell as starting EDGE’s is a Bottom 5 combo in the league at the moment. 

• Like 1

Our DTs(Hurst and Hall) have potential but can go Games without really flashing. I would say for me an impact DT is a bigger need. Not even considering Young cause it’s not gonna happen. 

Raiders need a difference maker at DT. The fastest way to get to the QB is from the DT spot. Derrick Brown from Auburn or Javon Kinkaw to me would be an ideal draft pick with the Bears pick. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yes he’s vastly overrating the Thursday game. Maxx is still an exceptional rotational rusher at this point and not a starter. I’m still hoping he evolves into a start but Maxx/Ferrell as starting EDGE’s is a Bottom 5 combo in the league at the moment. 

It has nothing to do with that game. Just looking at what has been invested in the position lately. I'm not saying DT is the most likely either, WR and CB would be my bet.

we need to address the LB corp first and foremost. That position is so bad it brings down the rest of the unit. Id bring back Burfict, use a 1st rounder on one and either add a FA or use a 3rd on another one.

Edited by Geezy

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

By no means am I college scout, but I can't see what jumps off the tape about Brown....

I think his combination of strength and athleticism gives him a high ceiling. He has great size, but certainly needs to work on pad level. I can see where you’re coming from though. Every prospect will have their flaws so it will be interesting (as it always is) to see how this draft process plays out. Can’t wait to watch more games and highlights in order to “scout” lol.

Edited by Justwinning

19 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I think his combination of strength and athleticism gives him a high ceiling. He has great size, but certainly needs to work on pad level. I can see where you’re coming from though. Every prospect will have their flaws so it will be interesting (as it always is) to see how this draft process plays out. Can’t wait to watch more games and highlights in order to “scout” lol.

Ehh.. I wanted Bortles, Kevin White, Rolando, etc... I gave up trying to judge.  I am always wrong.  lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Totty said:

Ehh.. I wanted Bortles, Kevin White, Rolando, etc... I gave up trying to judge.  I am always wrong.  lol

I wanted Rolando as well but Bortles screamed 100000% bust to me, just your prototypical size and nothing else, definitely not the greatest thrower (although certainly good), but mostly didn’t like his Football IQ. Did not like Kevin White at all either. Sounds like his IQ was smaller than EA’s during interviews. Intelligence matters to me. At least competent intelligence. Although my main reason for not wanting White is I hate one year elite production from receivers. Almost always a bust. About 99.5%. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Our DTs(Hurst and Hall) have potential but can go Games without really flashing. I would say for me an impact DT is a bigger need. Not even considering Young cause it’s not gonna happen. 

Raiders need a difference maker at DT. The fastest way to get to the QB is from the DT spot. Derrick Brown from Auburn or Javon Kinkaw to me would be an ideal draft pick with the Bears pick. 

I agree completely. The quickest path to the QB is up the middle. Nothing disrupts offenses more. Look at the Bears with Hicks getting hurt what's happened to their edge rushers. Offenses are more spread and quick timing than in the past.

Hoping the Raiders can land D. Brown in the draft for this reason. Guy is disruptive and will elevate the defense around him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Totty said:

It’s all good man!

Im way more wrong than right anyways lol

i just enjoy draft season for the fact that so many are so convinced of their evaluations and then a few years later realize they were so wrong!

• Like 1