Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

If Joyner does end up sticking around which I think will happen. He needs to go back to FS. I am not sure what PG saw from Joyners career and thought he would be a good slot CB. Wonder if Gruden decides to not give PG so much say in personnel and just gives him the players and tells him to work with it. 

Joyner, Abram, Harris late round draft pick to develop. 

Edited by agarcia34

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Raiders: 32 sacks

Bears: 32 sacks

They lost their ace DC Fangio in the offseason. They lost Hicks to injury it just showed how important he is to that defense. He is the foundation. A lot of factors put the Bears where they are now

27 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

They lost their ace DC Fangio in the offseason. They lost Hicks to injury it just showed how important he is to that defense. He is the foundation. A lot of factors put the Bears where they are now

They traded 2 1st and paid 23.5M/Y. No excuses.

• Like 4

From Tafur's Q&A on the Athletic:

Your comments on the podcast about not being surprised if Mike Mayock isn’t back next year kind of shook me today. After hitting last year’s draft out of the park, do you really get the impression Mayock isn’t content with the Raiders? Or that Mark Davis and Gruden aren’t content with him? — Conner C.

I said I wouldn’t be shocked, which is kind of a notch above surprised. They seem to be getting along fine, but the Antonio Brown incident definitely left a mark. Mayock has turned down many interview requests since then, even when the team was 6-4. And there was no postseason talk like most teams have. I don’t know if this job is as great as he envisioned it being, even with the draft success. That’s my read.

It is odd Mayock didn't have the usual post season presser a GM will have. And he's been weirdly silent throughout his tenure here.  

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

From Tafur's Q&A on the Athletic:

It is odd Mayock didn't have the usual post season presser a GM will have. And he's been weirdly silent throughout his tenure here.  

I think most GMs tend to stay out of the spotlight unless they’re an owner. We also didn’t see too much of him in hard knocks. Makes me think he doesn’t like being in front of a camera too much. He might also be busy due to his obsessive nature watching tape and evaluating players. 

But... it didn’t look like he got the support he should have from Gruden and Davis when AB threatened him and called him a cracker. I think if that happened in any other organization there would have been swift punishment. Gruden also probably regrets cutting AB.

One player we shouldn't completely forget about is Key. He still misses way too many sacks but was starting to string some games together of applying pressure. I think Dion Jordan had the same role as Key and did it bettee, but for a team that needs pass rush help and depth, getting him back next year is a nice plus. 

• Like 1

I think Vic is trying to make something out of nothing here. Plus, he's been wrong about a lot of things or slower to report than the national media. Gruden has been praising Mayock left and right in post game pressers throughout the season. I wouldn't read too much into this. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

One player we shouldn't completely forget about is Key. He still misses way too many sacks but was starting to string some games together of applying pressure. I think Dion Jordan had the same role as Key and did it bettee, but for a team that needs pass rush help and depth, getting him back next year is a nice plus. 

Yeah he was just starting to put it together. If we don't resign Mayowa, Key will be a nice backup. He's still only gonna be 24 years old and a 3rd year player next year. Another year in the weight room and IMO he's going to be a GOOD backup edge spelling Ferrell and Crosby. I think Jordan will continue to rush effectively inside.