Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, big_palooka said:

From Tafur's Q&A on the Athletic:

It is odd Mayock didn't have the usual post season presser a GM will have. And he's been weirdly silent throughout his tenure here.  

Vic used to be the best raider guy. Once They launched the Athletic he posts ridiculous click-bait articles in hopes to get people to pay for the subscription. 

• Like 1

If we got Wade as DC I could see Crosby not adding weight and playing OLB. Ferrell adding weight anf playing DE with Hankins at NT and Hall at TE/side DE. Hurst could rotate in relief but would probablt be traded. We'd need a lot more LB's to make that work and a CB so I don't see that happening. Wait we still need LB's and a CB in current system too. Oh....yikes

https://www.raidersbeat.com/report-lamarcus-joyner-will-definitely-be-back-next-year-with-the-raiders/

Joyner played nickel cornerback for most of his first year with the Raiders and struggled badly, but defensive coordinator Paul Guenther hinted at the end of the season that Joyner will be moving back to his natural position next year.

So i guess it's Joyner and Abram at S next season. And my dream of signing Anthony Harris can die now!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/report-lamarcus-joyner-will-definitely-be-back-next-year-with-the-raiders/

So i guess it's Joyner and Abram at S next season. And my dream of signing Anthony Harris can die now!

Joyner is a good player at Safety, or was for the Rams in the past at least. Also if we cut Joyner we wouldn't save much money at all IIRC. So might as well keep him and move him to a position where he can succeed more.

• Like 2

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Joyner is a good player at Safety, or was for the Rams in the past at least. Also if we cut Joyner we wouldn't save much money at all IIRC. So might as well keep him and move him to a position where he can succeed more.

I agree and understand why they have to do it with the 8M guaranteed. It's just that Harris was a perfect fit and a better player.

I here everyone and agree about the move back to S but I do not think it happens.  I think they keep him at NCB while re-signing Worley and/or Joseph.  Joseph and Abram are the safeties while Joyner and Worley have more specific roles.  Neither is great but both are versatile.  Harris, Worley, Abram, Joseph, and Joyner allows PG to be very creative with our DBs and we have great depth for a group of safeties that love to throw their bodies around.