Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, G said:

Couldn't believe we passed on the Bama DT's in Robinson and Reed. I didn't even know who Ward was...

I was hoping and expecting we were going to grab either Henry or one of the Bama DL and Reggie said hey is that your bowl of corn flakes and relieved himself and smiled. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Yall act like Reggie put us in the dark ages, when he is the only gm to get us to the playoffs in 15 years. I'll reserve judgment until the current administration can at least match that feat. 

I wouldn’t say that. He was alright and steered us out of the dark ages. Outside of 2014 his drafts were average to bad. I would say he was what we needed at the time just like the retread Del Rio to get us on the right track. They by no means were going to get us to the promise land. I’ll stay optimistic about our current FO because I have no choice. I do like how Mayock has handled things so far. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

I wouldn’t say that. He was alright and steered us out of the dark ages. Outside of 2014 his drafts were average to bad. I would say he was what we needed at the time just like the retread Del Rio to get us on the right track. They by no means were going to get us to the promise land. I’ll stay optimistic about our current FO because I have no choice. I do like how Mayock has handled things so far. 

I am a big Mayock fan. I love what he is doing. Between him and Gruden, I'd much rather have Mayock on staff. 

• Like 2

I was buying school supplies for my son when I get to a calendar section and wow they had 2020 raiders calendar so I grabbed it but right before I bought it I looked in the back and ab, Conley and some other guys who aren’t even on the team were on there. I couldn’t buy it lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So what do people think about going into next season with the exact same staff. Good or bad move. 

I guess the change would have come on D. I'd rather keep continuity in coaching with so many young players drafted to play in that scheme. The D actually improved from last year (29.2 to 26.2 ppg, 381.4 to 354.8 yds/game, 6.3 to 5.9 yds/play). Obviously, it has to keep improving for the staff to stay past next season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I guess the change would have come on D. I'd rather keep continuity in coaching with so many young players drafted to play in that scheme. The D actually improved from last year (29.2 to 26.2 ppg, 381.4 to 354.8 yds/game, 6.3 to 5.9 yds/play). Obviously, it has to keep improving for the staff to stay past next season.

I mean I get that. But adding an offensive assistant. Just different eyes. I personally dont think olsen brings much to offense. Especially with Gruden running it. Everybody assume jay coming which is cool. But who knows. I mean I think we just need another offensive mind in the room. Either somebody young and creative or somebody old that Gruden respects and listens to. I also think rolling with Olsen pretty much means Carr isnt going any where.  

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I mean I get that. But adding an offensive assistant. Just different eyes. I personally dont think olsen brings much to offense. Especially with Gruden running it. Everybody assume jay coming which is cool. But who knows. I mean I think we just need another offensive mind in the room. Either somebody young and creative or somebody old that Gruden respects and listens to. I also think rolling with Olsen pretty much means Carr isnt going any where.  

I don't have much of an opinion about that. My guess is it's Gruden's offense and changing the names of the assistants doesn't do much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

I would like to see an offensive assistant that calls the plays so it would have to be someone Gruden respects.  I would also not mind a different DC as long as we would not need a lot of player changes.  Someone that can come in with available talent and maximize them.