3 Titans Make Pro Bowl

ttitansfan4life

Crazy to think Casey could have been to 6 pro bowls if he didn’t turn down 2

Hopefully the alternates can make it as well. Wood really deserves one, KB might not have the picks but he has been balling, and if Mariota and Henry has been more consistent they would have been in

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Mariota pro bowl alternate with 11 TDs lol what the hell?

Byard deserves it.

Henry getting alternate consideration off of 2 games lol.

Everyone loves Mariota. Coaches, players, media, fans. Personality goes a long way with people. With his effort and mellow off the field personality, he's always going to be well liked. It's a big reason why he's never really crucified in the media.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

On another note, Casey is probably on pace to join Jim Norton as the only Titan/Oiler to have their jersey retired without making the HoF. Don't think Casey will ever reach canton, but his impact cannot be denied.

It's still dumb that we haven't officially retired Steve McNair's number.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It's still dumb that we haven't officially retired Steve McNair's number.

I love McNair as much as anyone, but a great 3 year stretch isn't enough to get someone's number retired. Outside of 01-03, as much as it may suck to admit, he was largely average and sometimes even worse. You might can make an argument just cause of how loved he was, but eh, you're getting in to an iffy category with retired numbers at that point.  Casey is at 8 years(well, 6 of extremely high level play, first couple years were just decent) and is still up in the air, but if he keeps up this level of play another 2-3 years he probably gets there.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I love McNair as much as anyone, but a great 3 year stretch isn't enough to get someone's number retired. Outside of 01-03, as much as it may suck to admit, he was largely average and sometimes even worse. You might can make an argument just cause of how loved he was, but eh, you're getting in to an iffy category with retired numbers at that point.  Casey is at 8 years(well, 6 of extremely high level play, first couple years were just decent) and is still up in the air, but if he keeps up this level of play another 2-3 years he probably gets there.

Idk, there's a reason no one has worn number 9 since he left here. 

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Everyone loves Mariota. Coaches, players, media, fans. Personality goes a long way with people. With his effort and mellow off the field personality, he's always going to be well liked. It's a big reason why he's never really crucified in the media.

And he might be like the 9th or 10th alternate. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

And he might be like the 9th or 10th alternate. 

I haven’t looked that closely but I put Marcos around 5-6 in AFC  as I discount his early games where he played when he could barely even hold the football let alone throw it

Archived