Pro Bowl 'Boys

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Smith doesn't deserve it.

Aside from that, it all makes sense. LVE has done exceedingly well for a rookie, but I didn't think he'd make it year 1.

Tyron Smith got in based solely on name recognition.

LVE should’ve gotten in, but he still may. Players always drop out of the game.

16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Think that is a terrible list tbh. Zeke/Jones belong, but I'm not all that sure about the other 3, especially Smith, who I doubt goes. 

Isn't Zack Martin one of the highest rated OL in the game this year? How can you not be sure about him? Leading the league in rushing isn't all Zeke. 

Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, Ezekiel Elliott becomes just the ninth running back drafted in the top five to earn two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons. Of the other eight players, five are now in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Jones is the first Cowboys defensive back in franchise history to make the Pro Bowl without recording an interception

With Jones making the Pro Bowl, it marks just the second time in franchise history the Cowboys have had four consecutive first-round draft picks make a Pro Bowl. From 2013-16, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin, Bryon Jones and Ezekiel Elliott have now all made it. The only other time four straight first-rounders eventually made a Pro Bowl was from 1988-91 with Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Russell Maryland.

Dc.com

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Isn't Zack Martin one of the highest rated OL in the game this year? How can you not be sure about him? Leading the league in rushing isn't all Zeke. 

Probably. Think I'm just annoyed with the OL in general and he's getting brunt of it. I think they've all under performed this year at one point or another....which I fully admit is probably because of lofty expectations. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Probably. Think I'm just annoyed with the OL in general and he's getting brunt of it. I think they've all under performed this year at one point or another....which I fully admit is probably because of lofty expectations. 

I would rest him the final 2 games. He doesn't need the reps.

Unless of course we lose to the bucs, then it's all hands on deck for the Giants who would want nothing more than to drag us to hades with them.

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Martin has deserved it only issue was injuryvand you could see how him being out effected the rest of the interior of the line.      

Injust dint understand how our LB are always undervalued    Right now LVE is 6th in all NFL in tackles???   And Jaylon ties for 14.   How LVE can not be cinnsidered in the top 5 or 6 in the NFC is beyond me.  Just like Lee always made top 4-5 in tackles and never made pro bowl.  

33 minutes ago, quiller said:

Martin has deserved it only issue was injuryvand you could see how him being out effected the rest of the interior of the line.      

Injust dint understand how our LB are always undervalued    Right now LVE is 6th in all NFL in tackles???   And Jaylon ties for 14.   How LVE can not be cinnsidered in the top 5 or 6 in the NFC is beyond me.  Just like Lee always made top 4-5 in tackles and never made pro bowl.  

Agree with the LBs. And, not just ours. Darius Leonard getting snubbed is criminal. One of the many reasons I don't put much stock into Pro Bowl. 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, DaBoys said:

Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, Ezekiel Elliott becomes just the ninth running back drafted in the top five to earn two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons. Of the other eight players, five are now in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Jones is the first Cowboys defensive back in franchise history to make the Pro Bowl without recording an interception

With Jones making the Pro Bowl, it marks just the second time in franchise history the Cowboys have had four consecutive first-round draft picks make a Pro Bowl. From 2013-16, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin, Bryon Jones and Ezekiel Elliott have now all made it. The only other time four straight first-rounders eventually made a Pro Bowl was from 1988-91 with Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Russell Maryland.

Dc.com

wow... I wonder if that stands true for all other DBs in history..

Archived