Lucky Irish Mock draft V2

LuckyIrish23

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

It takes a year for rookies to get Rodgers' trust. I have a feeling that an All-Pro caliber receiver would pick it up a little quicker. Is there a single thing that GMo is better at than Green? You could argue his hands? Everything else is AJ. 

Cook, Bennett and Graham all have taken time to give with Aaron.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:
9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

It takes a year for rookies to get Rodgers' trust. I have a feeling that an All-Pro caliber receiver would pick it up a little quicker. Is there a single thing that GMo is better at than Green? You could argue his hands? Everything else is AJ. 

Cook, Bennett and Graham all have taken time to give with Aaron.

.... is this a serious discussion I'm even having right now

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It takes a year for Rodgers to trust you.

This is unfortunate (at best) - a potential detriment to FA WRs wanting to come to GB (especially those on 1 year "reset the market" contracts) and downright freaky.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is unfortunate (at best) - a potential detriment to FA WRs wanting to come to GB (especially those on 1 year "reset the market" contracts) and downright freaky.

It has its pros and cons. I mean an average receiver in terms of talent like GMo can put up big numbers because he thinks like Aaron does.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

It has its pros and cons. I mean an average receiver in terms of talent like GMo can put up big numbers because he thinks like Aaron does.

Hey listen, I'm not hassling you, but doesnt that sound a bit odd?
Our offense is....somewhat curtailed by AR "trust issues" - or - the extent of his Vulcan mind meld with the WRs.

Btw - I'm all for resigning Gmo.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

GMo was on pace for 1160 yards and 8 TDs this year in his 4 games he was healthy. I actually think it's laughable you find this some outlandish statement.

I hate to say it here, because Green is the better player by a mile, but I think their numbers wouldn’t be far off. The “Rodgers doesn’t click with you right away” line is probably true, unless you’re the route runner/dedicated to the craft type. 

Where you might see the difference, is in Adams’ numbers. The defense has to play Green differently than they play Gmo. You’d hope the shift in coverage would help Adams get more 1:1s than he’s seeing now. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

GMo was on pace for 1160 yards and 8 TDs this year in his 4 games he was healthy. I actually think it's laughable you find this some outlandish statement.

Calvin Ridley was on pace for 1,056 yards and 24 TDs through his first 4 games. I love Gmo on the Packers but you're gonna have a really hard time convincing me that AJ Green wouldn't out produce him, even in his first year. This isn't a top flight #1 diva WR, this is polished AJ Green. He would get on page with Rodgers quickly me thinks.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Green is tempting to me, but age/injuries/contract makes it a hard "no thank you" from me.

I get the hesitation on Green but I think he is worth the risk. Aaron has not had anyone with his talent. Plus AJ can still perform based on this years numbers. A second round pick will not break our future but it will help our team immediately. Getting more young players takes time to develop and time we frankly don’t have. 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

There's a reason we've never signed or traded for a WR when Aaron has been here. Let them go through the growing with and trust process when they're young and cheap, and pay them when they produce at peak.

I honestly believe if you gave AJ Green and Allison identical numbers of snaps next year with Rodgers as the QB, the production would be similar, if not favoring GMo.

I disagree with this mindset. I understand it but can’t agree with it. We don’t have time to develop talent if we want to win with Aaron. We took a risk this year based on the WR group and it was a failure. I understand that Aaron was not on his “A” game but if you looked at the past few years this is not a surprise. When Jordy was out Aaron struggled because of the WR group. If we go into next year with the similar mindset and Adams misses time, you will see a worse offense than this year. Use a 2nd to protect Rodgers from this situation and give him the talent. As fans we expect Aaron to produce with less talent because he is getting paid the big bucks BUT he has yet to show us that he can perform at a high level with less talent. Show me the years that he has done this? Don’t show me the numbers of the WR, show me the season records and offensive efficiency. 

I just think you could do more for the team with that 2nd round pick. Hell a lot of people on the game forums go on about how Aaron doesnt have a deep ball anymore. So the answer to that is to bring in Green? Not seeing this happen. I'm ready for 12 to evolve his game to brady mode now that he's 35. We got a no.1 WR we paid, and that's 17. Money and draft picks will be better spent on edge and o-line. Good conversation though, but I'm a pass on AJ. 

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I just think you could do more for the team with that 2nd round pick. Hell a lot of people on the game forums go on about how Aaron doesnt have a deep ball anymore. So the answer to that is to bring in Green? Not seeing this happen. I'm ready for 12 to evolve his game to brady mode now that he's 35. We got a no.1 WR we paid, and that's 17. Money and draft picks will be better spent on edge and o-line. Good conversation though, but I'm a pass on AJ. 

We can still focus on the defense. Plus your comment on Brady, Rodgers would hate playing into that style. Brady also still has talent with Eldeman/Gronk/Gordon and Sony plus White. But realize that due to the injuries that the skills positions had their offense is not the same. If we expect our offense to be better with the same talent and hope they develop will be a huge risk. Rodgers needs talented players NOT to develop the talent. You could tell that this year he got frustrated with the young players. Having a year under the belt will help but doesn’t mean they are vets. I will be upset if we do not try to give Aaron more experienced talent. 

3 minutes ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

We can still focus on the defense. Plus your comment on Brady, Rodgers would hate playing into that style. Brady also still has talent with Eldeman/Gronk/Gordon and Sony plus White. But realize that due to the injuries that the skills positions had their offense is not the same. If we expect our offense to be better with the same talent and hope they develop will be a huge risk. Rodgers needs talented players NOT to develop the talent. You could tell that this year he got frustrated with the young players. Having a year under the belt will help but doesn’t mean they are vets. I will be upset if we do not try to give Aaron more experienced talent. 

I agree, but trading a 2nd for a one year rental is not going to help this team for very long. The Packers paid their WR already, I highly doubt they would extend Green and put more money into that area. Especially when Aaron is healthy he can make players better... We need a defense. A legitimate defense. Aaron was amazing on the super bowl run... So was our defense. That, and O-line needs the love in the draft. 

48 minutes ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

I disagree with this mindset. I understand it but can’t agree with it. We don’t have time to develop talent if we want to win with Aaron. We took a risk this year based on the WR group and it was a failure. I understand that Aaron was not on his “A” game but if you looked at the past few years this is not a surprise. When Jordy was out Aaron struggled because of the WR group. If we go into next year with the similar mindset and Adams misses time, you will see a worse offense than this year. Use a 2nd to protect Rodgers from this situation and give him the talent. As fans we expect Aaron to produce with less talent because he is getting paid the big bucks BUT he has yet to show us that he can perform at a high level with less talent. Show me the years that he has done this? Don’t show me the numbers of the WR, show me the season records and offensive efficiency. 

I highly doubt this season would've gone as poorly if Cobb was your slot for all 16 games and GMo was your #2 and Graham didn't break his thumb.

It's not developing as a player per se it's running your route as if your Aaron Rodgers. When Aaron sees a DB react to a route he puts the ball where he believes it should be, and over time Jennings, Finley, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Adams and GMo put themselves in the same spot, and judging by the praise he's starting to give them in his interviews EQ and MVS are starting to as well. In fact it may be even harder for a WR who's a vet to erase his old habits and do what Aaron wants him to.

You can fault it all day long, but it's led to a wildly successful offense and a hit rate of WRs drafted in the top 3 round of 100%. He knows how to play the game. 

GMo's back, Adams is back, Graham is back, MQ and EVS are back with Moore. Lazard and Kumerow are wildcards. Sign a modest priced vet (maybe a Chris Hogan/John Brown type), draft another mid round guy and let's go to work. 

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I highly doubt this season would've gone as poorly if Cobb was your slot for all 16 games and GMo was your #2 and Graham didn't break his thumb.

It's not developing as a player per se it's running your route as if your Aaron Rodgers. When Aaron sees a DB react to a route he puts the ball where he believes it should be, and over time Jennings, Finley, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Adams and GMo put themselves in the same spot, and judging by the praise he's starting to give them in his interviews EQ and MVS are starting to as well. In fact it may be even harder for a WR who's a vet to erase his old habits and do what Aaron wants him to.

You can fault it all day long, but it's led to a wildly successful offense and a hit rate of WRs drafted in the top 3 round of 100%. He knows how to play the game. 

GMo's back, Adams is back, Graham is back, MQ and EVS are back with Moore. Lazard and Kumerow are wildcards. Sign a modest priced vet (maybe a Chris Hogan/John Brown type), draft another mid round guy and let's go to work. 

Interesting point of view but why would you than recommend to sign any receiver? If what you are saying is true we shouldn’t sign a free agent that doesn’t know what Aaron wants. Based on this conversation you should be asking for Cobb to be brought back. Right? 

Archived