Lucky Irish Mock draft V2

LuckyIrish23

1 minute ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Interesting point of view but why would you than recommend to sign any receiver? If what you are saying is true we shouldn’t sign a free agent that doesn’t know what Aaron wants. Based on this conversation you should be asking for Cobb to be brought back. Right? 

Wouldn't mind Cobb if he was cheap.

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's a second round pick for a one year rental, isn't it?

Potentially but if he has success there is probably a great chance for an extension.  Give him the money we are going to have to give to Allison next year  (plus some).  Worst case if he does leave, that's most likely a 3rd round comp pick.  

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

People want to give up a 2nd round pick to get AJ Green on a 1 year, $12M deal with his injury history? 

People want to improve a WR core that is as bad as any in the league.  I can't imagine that there are many teams in the league requiring a ton of production from a 5th and 6th round rookie in order to compete.  

I'd also be making the assumption that we'd keep him around if we're trading for him.  

1 hour ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Interesting point of view but why would you than recommend to sign any receiver? If what you are saying is true we shouldn’t sign a free agent that doesn’t know what Aaron wants. Based on this conversation you should be asking for Cobb to be brought back. Right? 

You want to hedge against the rookie WRs "flat lining" or not developing as we hope - plus (and perhaps more likely.....) injury.
I have high hopes for the rookie WRs - but think the injuries to Cobb & Allison forced them on to the field - at a level - that was a still a bit above their pay grade.
Good thing is neither EQ or MVS crashed and burned - or showed the game was too big for them.

I would take a Chris Hogan over a Kumerow. Simply based on his on the field experience and performance. Hogan's more a known quantity.

3 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

We can still focus on the defense. Plus your comment on Brady, Rodgers would hate playing into that style. Brady also still has talent with Eldeman/Gronk/Gordon and Sony plus White. But realize that due to the injuries that the skills positions had their offense is not the same. If we expect our offense to be better with the same talent and hope they develop will be a huge risk. Rodgers needs talented players NOT to develop the talent. You could tell that this year he got frustrated with the young players. Having a year under the belt will help but doesn’t mean they are vets. I will be upset if we do not try to give Aaron more experienced talent. 

I take it you havent watched much of the Patriots this year? Edelman and Gronk are names at this point. Gronk isnt even a top 5 tight end anymore

3 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

We can still focus on the defense. Plus your comment on Brady, Rodgers would hate playing into that style. Brady also still has talent with Eldeman/Gronk/Gordon and Sony plus White. But realize that due to the injuries that the skills positions had their offense is not the same. If we expect our offense to be better with the same talent and hope they develop will be a huge risk. Rodgers needs talented players NOT to develop the talent. You could tell that this year he got frustrated with the young players. Having a year under the belt will help but doesn’t mean they are vets. I will be upset if we do not try to give Aaron more experienced talent. 

2015 called

On 12/19/2018 at 10:58 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

2015 called

Confused if this is against my point or for it. Lol

2015 was when Adams got hurt in the Redskins playoff game and we only had Janis plus Abby. That game was crazy against the Cardinals but we got extremely lucky on the Janis bombs. Other than that we our offense struggled. 

37 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

To be fair 2015 Adams isn't the 2016-2018 Adams. I think Rodgers can get it done with Adams/Allison/MVS/EQ if he just fixes his damn accuracy, because they can get open.

Let’s play this scenario- are you good with the WR talent if Adams gets hurt? This is a possibility with his concussion history and other injuries that he had in the past. 

16 minutes ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Let’s play this scenario- are you good with the WR talent if Adams gets hurt? This is a possibility with his concussion history and other injuries that he had in the past. 

Are you good with the QB talent if Rodgers gets hurt....again?

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Are you good with the QB talent if Rodgers gets hurt....again?

How is this scenario even remotely close? Any team with a starting QB goes down and the team will struggle. Most teams have at least one or two talented WR. Looking at Pittsburgh/Rams/Vikings etc. Imagine the Saints losing Thomas, I think the team would struggle mightily. 

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:36 AM, Toddfather said:

I agree, but trading a 2nd for a one year rental is not going to help this team for very long. The Packers paid their WR already, I highly doubt they would extend Green and put more money into that area. Especially when Aaron is healthy he can make players better... We need a defense. A legitimate defense. Aaron was amazing on the super bowl run... So was our defense. That, and O-line needs the love in the draft. 

People forget when you are making that trade you are basically giving up 2 players. The player you get with the 2nd round pick and the player you can spend Green's salary on.

We badly need to draft talent on offense instead of filling the unit with old regressing players and late round projects. So spend that 2nd rounder on a receiver or a tight end (manoeuvre into the right position via trade if needed) and spend the money you were going to give Green on a quality vet player on defence. Sorted.

The compensatory pick argument (if we don't re-sign Green) is null and void with the way Gute is going about things as he will be signing more free agents than he loses probably.

Archived