Need advice before my championship week

EaglesPeteC

So I made it to the Championship game of my Dynasty League despite a Comedy of Errors at RB. I own Hunt and Aaron Jones. I made it through the playoffs on the back of Jaylen Samuels but it looks like Conner is coming back.

My opponent is basically a Super Team. Mahommes, Gurley, Kamara, Conner, Thielen, Robert Woods, Eric Ebron. He is 14-0.

In our league we can still make trades. My question: should I go all in to try and beat this team and try and sell all of my rookie draft picks to try and beat this team or stand pat and hope I can patch together a championship?

What would you do?

The problem I have is that I don't know if draft picks are enough to get you a quality rb1/rb2 for this matchup. I always say all in on the current year to win a championship, but I just don't know what kind of return you are getting for some of these picks. Low end rb2's and flex plays? Because I don't see anyone giving up the likes of CMC, Barkley, Gordon for like a #1 pick next year in a defensive heavy draft. 

My secondary question is, how far back are you? I mean, are you sitting on a receiver corps of like Julio, Hopkins and Michael Thomas? Is it a grouping so superior to his receivers that having low end rb2 and flex plays would be enough to make the game close? The good thing is, Mahomes is playing Seattle, a ball control running team, on the road. He'll score his points, of course, but I don't think it's a great week for him. I'm expecting a huge game from Gurley this week (I think the Rams make it a point to pound him hard to get back on track), but that means likely a meh game from Woods. Thielen has been down for a while now, and Kamara and Conner (pre injury) have been inconsistent the last few weeks, and I don't think Pitt is just going to completely hand over the reigns to Conner in the first week back after what Samuels has done. I expect a little more of time share there. So even though his team looks like a super team, I don't know that their production will match this week, so that's a good thing. So really, it depends on how the rest of your team stacks up, to be honest, and what you can get for those picks. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

The problem I have is that I don't know if draft picks are enough to get you a quality rb1/rb2 for this matchup. I always say all in on the current year to win a championship, but I just don't know what kind of return you are getting for some of these picks. Low end rb2's and flex plays? Because I don't see anyone giving up the likes of CMC, Barkley, Gordon for like a #1 pick next year in a defensive heavy draft. 

My secondary question is, how far back are you? I mean, are you sitting on a receiver corps of like Julio, Hopkins and Michael Thomas? Is it a grouping so superior to his receivers that having low end rb2 and flex plays would be enough to make the game close? The good thing is, Mahomes is playing Seattle, a ball control running team, on the road. He'll score his points, of course, but I don't think it's a great week for him. I'm expecting a huge game from Gurley this week (I think the Rams make it a point to pound him hard to get back on track), but that means likely a meh game from Woods. Thielen has been down for a while now, and Kamara and Conner (pre injury) have been inconsistent the last few weeks, and I don't think Pitt is just going to completely hand over the reigns to Conner in the first week back after what Samuels has done. I expect a little more of time share there. So even though his team looks like a super team, I don't know that their production will match this week, so that's a good thing. So really, it depends on how the rest of your team stacks up, to be honest, and what you can get for those picks. 

It is an IDP league, so ive had some really high scoring defensive players the last couple weeks. Here is my potental starting lineup right now.

QB- Big Ben

RB- Gus Edwards

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Amari Cooper

FLEX- Brandin Cooks

FLEX- Tyler Lockett

TE- Jared Cook

K- Jake Elliott 

DL- Danielle Hunter 

DL- Fletcher Cox

LB- Lavonte David

LB- Dee Ford

DB- Eddie Jackson

DB- Malcolm Jenkins

D FLEX- Snacks Harrison

D Flex- Zach Brown

Right now i only have 1 startable RB. His big advantage over me is that he has those 3 RB's and i have only 1. I am thinking about trying to trade for Derrick Henry after his 2 monster weeks and another good matchup. He could blow up again and i might have a shot 

14 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@Forge thanks for the advice. The  other potential bargaining chip I have is Kareem Hunt. 

Honestly, I think what I would do in your shoes is go high variance, low cost. Guys like ballage or j Williams could give you rb2 type numbers this week, but shouldn't cost a ton. I mean, Williams still has to compete with Arron Jones next year, so it's not like his dynasty value is through the roof or something

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I think what I would do in your shoes is go high variance, low cost. Guys like ballage or j Williams could give you rb2 type numbers this week, but shouldn't cost a ton. I mean, Williams still has to compete with Arron Jones next year, so it's not like his dynasty value is through the roof or something

So it looks like James Conner is going to sit.

My opponent has Conner. I have Samuels. So big swing for me.

My opponent outbid me for Damien Williams on the waiver wire

The Derrick Henry owner offered me Henry for Aaron Jones and a 2nd

Do you think Henry is that much better than Gus Edwards or Tyler Lockett this week to make that deal worth it? 

Archived