2019 Pro Bowl Rosters announced

TheKillerNacho

• 5 weeks later...

I get that with SB teams, injuries and players declining invitations the subs picked aren’t at the same level - but decisions like these show why Pro Bowls aren’t that meaningful.  All Pro different story.  

I say that recognizing an even worse example was when Trevor Siemian was named in 2016-17.   SMH all around.   

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I get that with SB teams, injuries and players declining invitations the subs picked aren’t at the same level - but decisions like these show why Pro Bowls aren’t that meaningful.  All Pro different story.  

I say that recognizing an even worse example was when Trevor Siemian was named in 2016-17.   SMH all around.   

Not to crap on Tribs either, it’s just the PB gets so watered down with all the replacements and guys that decline the distinction. The PB means little when it’s the original roster. With the replacements, it means absolutely nothing IMO. Just a useless game that shouldn’t be played. Give the guys the free trip and bonus. Let them do a skills comp for the fans and be done with it. 

4 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Not to crap on Tribs either, it’s just the PB gets so watered down with all the replacements and guys that decline the distinction. The PB means little when it’s the original roster. With the replacements, it means absolutely nothing IMO. Just a useless game that shouldn’t be played. Give the guys the free trip and bonus. Let them do a skills comp for the fans and be done with it. 

Agreed. The PB use to mean something until, in or around, early-mid 2000's but now it's nothing but a joke. It used to be an honor for players to get the nod and the voters got it right most of the time. 

It was more rewarding for the players as well. They got to play in a exhibition game just for fun and got a full paid trip for them and their families to Hawaii. Now even that is gone. But forcing them 4,000 miles across the pond mid-season is perfectly okay.

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Even All-Pro has been starting to lose some it's credibility as of late. 

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

This is a fricken joke right?  In what universe does Mitch Trubisky deserve a pro bowl nod over Matt Ryan.   Heck even Rodgers honestly didn't deserve it over Ryan but i can live with that based on Rodgers history and popularity.    But gtfoh with that Mitch BS that dude has no reason whatsoever to be in there over Ryan.

Ryan

Pass: 4924YDS , 35TD, 7INT, 108RTG good for 4th in the league

Rush: 124YDS,  3TD

Vs

Turbisky

Pass: 3222 YDS,  24TD, 12INT 95RTG for 18th in the league 

Rush: 421 YDS, 3TD

Over 1400 more total yards  11 more TD's and 5 less int's    It's honestly not even close between the 2 and is pretty absurd at this point how much disrespect ryan gets after being in the nfl this long.

On 12/19/2018 at 8:33 AM, RavensfanRD said:

Each and every one of you who didn't vote for Justin Tucker should be ashamed of your life.

He missed.  He doesn't deserve the Pro Bowl.  When your Justin Tucker you're held to a higher standard, and when you fail to meet that standard, you deserve to be treated accordingly.

38 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

This is a fricken joke right?  In what universe does Mitch Trubisky deserve a pro bowl nod over Matt Ryan.   Heck even Rodgers honestly didn't deserve it over Ryan but i can live with that based on Rodgers history and popularity.    But gtfoh with that Mitch BS that dude has no reason whatsoever to be in there over Ryan.

Ryan

Pass: 4924YDS , 35TD, 7INT, 108RTG good for 4th in the league

Rush: 124YDS,  3TD

Vs

Turbisky

Pass: 3222 YDS,  24TD, 12INT 95RTG for 18th in the league 

Rush: 421 YDS, 3TD

Over 1400 more total yards  11 more TD's and 5 less int's    It's honestly not even close between the 2 and is pretty absurd at this point how much disrespect ryan gets after being in the nfl this long.

Whoa whoa whoa....stop the car.

Mitch deserves every bit of this. He was absolutely great this year and carried this entire offense on his back without any help. His OL was garbage that had him running for his life on damn near every play. His run game was obsolete. His receivers were not getting open. Nagy was absolutely trash as a play caller this year. I mean what do you expect from him?

amidoingthisrite?

I agree with everything except Rodgers deserving it more than Ryan.

30 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Whoa whoa whoa....stop the car.

Mitch deserves every bit of this. He was absolutely great this year and carried this entire offense on his back without any help. His OL was garbage that had him running for his life on damn near every play. His run game was obsolete. His receivers were not getting open. Nagy was absolutely trash as a play caller this year. I mean what do you expect from him?

amidoingthisrite?

I agree with everything except Rodgers deserving it more than Ryan.

You forgot the purple font my friend :D  But it was an amazing effort none the less.    You think rodgers did or didn't deserve it more than Ryan this year outside of lower int's by rodgers Ryan skunked him in pretty much every other major category as a QB that i can think of.   As said im not against Rodgers winning it he's a damn good QB and is pro bowl caliber most the time i just think Ryan was a bit better this year alone not every year lol.  More often than not Rodgers is the better Qb of the 2. 

19 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

You forgot the purple font my friend :D  But it was an amazing effort none the less.    You think rodgers did or didn't deserve it more than Ryan this year outside of lower int's by rodgers Ryan skunked him in pretty much every other major category as a QB that i can think of.   As said im not against Rodgers winning it he's a damn good QB and is pro bowl caliber most the time i just think Ryan was a bit better this year alone not every year lol.  More often than not Rodgers is the better Qb of the 2. 

I meant did NOT deserve it over Ryan. Oh crap. My bad, apparently read that wrong the first time. I read as you were saying Ryan deserved it over Mitch but even Rodgers deserved it over Ryan. Total reading fail on my part lol.

21 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

You think rodgers did or didn't deserve it more than Ryan this year

I don't think either Rodgers or Ryan deserves the accolades this year, neither one of them managed 8 wins
But if you forced me to choose between them, I'd give the nod to Ryan for 2018

No love for Russell Wilson's season ?

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

I don't think either Rodgers or Ryan deserves the accolades this year, neither one of them managed 8 wins

You consider team wins as a an accolade? 

See that's what I disagree with and believe that is the main reason why Mitch was even voted. Even though the defense carried team most of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

See i don't do the probowl based on wins and losses but more so how they performed individually.   Because the rest of the team playing like garbage or the defense being junk or even half the team being injured causes alot of the losses.  A QB can do alot but even they can't do everything Both ryan and Rodgers both played well enough to be playoff caliber QB's and above .500 for sure.

As far as Wilson i think he played really well this year but he lacked alot in yardage overall and still came up a bit short on number of TD's compared to Ryan.   Def. put up more TD's by a good bit than Rodgers though so i can see how he could deserve it over Rodgers as well.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You consider team wins as a an accolade? 

See that's what I disagree with and believe that is the main reason why Mitch was even voted. Even though the defense carried team most of the season. 

I think we actually came back and thought a similar reply at the same time xD

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

I think we actually came back and thought a similar reply at the same time xD

Great minds and all......B|

Don't get wrong, Mitch played well to finish out the season and showed alot of progression from game 1 to 16 but I would be dishonest if I said he played like a "pro bowl QB'.

Archived