2019 Pro Bowl Rosters announced

TheKillerNacho

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Great minds and all......B|

Don't get wrong, Mitch played well to finish out the season and showed alot of progression from game 1 to 16 but I would be dishonest if I said he played like a "pro bowl QB'.

Im with you i have no problem with ole mitchy boy i think he has a bright future ahead of him and improved tremendously as the season went on.  The beard with that defense and an improving young QB will be hell to deal with going forward for alot of team as they keep adding pieces.   He's actually turning out better than i thought he would be so im a bit proud of him that he's proving me wrong about him.

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im with you i have no problem with ole mitchy boy i think he has a bright future ahead of him and improved tremendously as the season went on.  The beard with that defense and an improving young QB will be hell to deal with going forward for alot of team as they keep adding pieces.   He's actually turning out better than i thought he would be so im a bit proud of him that he's proving me wrong about him.

He has come ALONG way in a short of amount of time. He is is a completely different QB than he was in the first few weeks when he looked terrible (albeit he did not work with alot of 1st team targets in preseason, including his #1 Robinson,  in any real game experience because Nagy decided to not play them at all in the 3rd game of pre-season--big mistake imo).

He still needs to take that next step in progression, but as long as teh defense can be a top-6 unit (which I expect even if they regress) then we don't need Mitch to play like a top-5 QB. We just need him to control the game and not turn the ball over. AKA a glorified game manager type WHILE he still shows progress from year to year. Sort of like what Big Ben was when he was a rookie.

14 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Dak was added to the Pro Bowl, he was not even an alternate. That means Ryan turned it down.

Question.

With the ever growing  number of Players Turning down the Pro Bowl do any of you think (I do) it has more to do with them going to Florida and not getting a Free Vacation in Hawaii?

I mean what's changed other then the location? Why do players these days "Not care" about being a Pro Bowler? I get it's a meaningless  game but for decades it was a destination and event All Players in the NFL wanted to be part of and named to.  Whether it was driven by recognition by their peers as being the best of the best, career honors when the HOF is considered and comes calling who knows but it clear todays players , couldn't care less.

It's become a joke. Instead of it being the best of the best it's basically a showcase for those who had nothing better to do and actually said yes!

On 1/23/2019 at 8:39 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Question.

With the ever growing  number of Players Turning down the Pro Bowl do any of you think (I do) it has more to do with them going to Florida and not getting a Free Vacation in Hawaii?

I mean what's changed other then the location? Why do players these days "Not care" about being a Pro Bowler? I get it's a meaningless  game but for decades it was a destination and event All Players in the NFL wanted to be part of and named to.  Whether it was driven by recognition by their peers as being the best of the best, career honors when the HOF is considered and comes calling who knows but it clear todays players , couldn't care less.

It's become a joke. Instead of it being the best of the best it's basically a showcase for those who had nothing better to do and actually said yes!

I think the timing of it hurts the appeal for the players also. Not only are you not going to Hawaii, but you're also going to play an additional game just after the season while you're still dealing with the aches and pains of the season.

On 1/24/2019 at 9:29 AM, skywlker32 said:

I think the timing of it hurts the appeal for the players also. Not only are you not going to Hawaii, but you're also going to play an additional game just after the season while you're still dealing with the aches and pains of the season.

Not going to Hawaii, still recovering from the end of the season, and every player wishes they were playing the week after all contribute to the decline of attendance.  But it is cool how the young stars always show up bc of the cash and fun.  These guys love the camaraderie and have a good time.  It's to the NFL what the NBAs rising stars game is.

Archived