Pittsburgh Steelers versus New Orleans Saints: Will the Saints clinch number one seed in the NFC?

ami

New Orleans has been at the top of the NFC for the vast majority of the season. With a hard fought 12-9 win over the Panthers, the Saints come into this contest against the Steelers at 12-2.  A win clinches the number one seed in the NFC and they enter a 5.5 home favorite, where they are 5-2 this season.

The Steelers wont go down easily, however, coming off an emotional win against the Patriots.  Pittsburgh is in a fight of it's own, at 8-5-1 and a half game lead over the Ravens in the AFC North.

https://sportsblender.net/news/pittsburgh-steelers-versus-new-orleans-saints-will-the-saints-clinch-number-one-seed-in-the-nfc?pid=19412

The Saints have only lost one game at home this year, not 2.  

I expect a high scoring game from our offense, or at least a higher scoring game than recent.  If Saints come out looking like they have during this road stretch, I’ll start getting worried about us moving forward.

Curious to see if Armstead and Ginn play this week... Ginn specifically because not only does he give Brees a legit #2, his deep speed forces defenses to respect the long ball and opens up everything underneath for Thomas and Kamara.

I love how the defense is playing right now and if Armstead and Ginn can come back and help this team wrap up the #1 seed this week then we can rest players in week 17. 

A side note:

Say the Saints beat the Steelers this week and wrap up the #1 seed then sit a bunch of players in week 17 and we lose to the Panthers. We'd end with a record of 13-3 with losses to the Bucs, Cowboys and Panthers but still the #1 seed... sound familiar??? 

3 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

A side note:

Say the Saints beat the Steelers this week and wrap up the #1 seed then sit a bunch of players in week 17 and we lose to the Panthers. We'd end with a record of 13-3 with losses to the Bucs, Cowboys and Panthers but still the #1 seed... sound familiar??? 

Interesting, didn’t think about that.

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

A side note:

Provided the outcome is the same, I'm all for repeating history!!

3 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Curious to see if Armstead and Ginn play this week... Ginn specifically because not only does he give Brees a legit #2, his deep speed forces defenses to respect the long ball and opens up everything underneath for Thomas and Kamara.

I love how the defense is playing right now and if Armstead and Ginn can come back and help this team wrap up the #1 seed this week then we can rest players in week 17. 

A side note:

If Teddy G is able to play, I'd want him in for week 17 to get some extra reps in for conditioning, though it'd be with Teddy B, but Teddy needs someone to throw to and who better than Teddy?

Sure we got lucky, but you got to be good to be lucky. The road to Atlanta goes through New Orleans officially. God that's a relief. Next week has no bearing. Rest Armstead, Unger, Rammy and anyone else who might be banged up. On offense give reps to Kirkwood, Smith, Arnold and Bridgewater. On defense rest Klein and Okafor and anyone else a little banged up. Play Hendrickson and back ups.

Archived