Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ami

Pittsburgh Steelers versus New Orleans Saints: Will the Saints clinch number one seed in the NFC?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Sure we got lucky, but you got to be good to be lucky. The road to Atlanta goes through New Orleans officially. God that's a relief. Next week has no bearing. Rest Armstead, Unger, Rammy and anyone else who might be banged up. On offense give reps to Kirkwood, Smith, Arnold and Bridgewater. On defense rest Klein and Okafor and anyone else a little banged up. Play Hendrickson and back ups.

I'm not going to lie, would like to see what we got in Bridgewater. Do you think he plays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

#1 seed babyyyy

And lol NFL Gen is mad as hell but doesn't matter, #1 seed B|

If they're mad, maybe their team should've won more games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ckoz24 said:

I'm not going to lie, would like to see what we got in Bridgewater. Do you think he plays?

I'm sure he plays atleast a quarter. Chances are he plays a half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ckoz24 said:

I'm not going to lie, would like to see what we got in Bridgewater. Do you think he plays?

Yeah, Brees will play the 1st half and Teddy the 2nd half I bet. Since we have a playoff bye I don't think Drew will want to sit 2 full weeks but I think they'll take him out at the half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel for Armstead.  But I’m really tired of him being banged up. You gotta be available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Yeah, Brees will play the 1st half and Teddy the 2nd half I bet. Since we have a playoff bye I don't think Drew will want to sit 2 full weeks but I think they'll take him out at the half. 

Maybe a quarter.  I don't want Brees protected with the back up oline, and they need all the rest they can get to heal up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

#1 seed babyyyy

And lol NFL Gen is mad as hell but doesn't matter, #1 seed B|

Feels good to be relevant enough to be hated again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dome said:

I feel for Armstead.  But I’m really tired of him being banged up. You gotta be available. 

Spend the 2nd round pick this year on an OT to replace Armstead in 1-2 years. I love Armstead, but him missing 4-6 games every season can't continue. Especially at his salary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Spend the 2nd round pick this year on an OT to replace Armstead in 1-2 years. I love Armstead, but him missing 4-6 games every season can't continue. Especially at his salary.

Sucks because he's truly special when healthy, but it screws us royally when he stays hurt for half the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Maybe a quarter.  I don't want Brees protected with the back up oline, and they need all the rest they can get to heal up.

I honestly didn’t expect to see Brees at all. He sat in 2009 when we clinched.

I think we see Teddy all game. Probably a heavy dose of Taysom as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn this is tough. I’d be tempted to rest a LOT of guys next week.

I know two weeks off has the potential to mess with rhythm, but I think you just have just as much of an opportunity to use that time to get healthy and fine tune some things that need work.

I’d treat this like a Week 4 preseason game, is there any reason not to? Let’s get these guys we don’t use often some playing time, we might need them and a recent game against an angry opponent could do a lot to help them get ready for playoff level football.

I’d put a lot of pressure on our core starters to just take the week off. Really preach that this game doesn’t matter. We did what we needed, we’ve already secured everything we can before the real season starts. This is week 4 of the preseason all over. We turned Carolina into a preseason threat, let’s get rested up next week. And just hope the important players take the cue.

Any starters you guys want to see out there? Or do you put starter healthy first like me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dome said:

I honestly didn’t expect to see Brees at all. He sat in 2009 when we clinched.

I think we see Teddy all game. Probably a heavy dose of Taysom as well. 

Wouldn't bother me.  I think Brees will come out focused regardless.  My only real concern at this point is getting our oline rested up.

Speaking of Brees, I know he's better at home(like most every QB is), but he really did play a great game today after 3 mediocre weeks.  It doesn't necessarily show on the stat sheet, but he made a lot of crucial plays today.  It looks like it was just a road slump exacerbated by injuries plus the competition we faced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game was weird to me. It was a really good game by most of the players (on offense) most of the time. I really think Payton didn't call a good game until the end when everyone knew we needed to pass all the time anyway. The run started out great, and then vanished. Broken record, I suppose.

The defensive performance game me some reason for concern, but I guess they can't be expected to carry the team every week. This is their only bad game since what, week 8 vs. the Rams? So they can have a little break, I suppose.

Glad this game ended the way it did, obviously, and I'm glad it didn't go into OT as I'm about out of fingernails, and I am out of Jack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

The defensive performance game me some reason for concern, but I guess they can't be expected to carry the team every week. This is their only bad game since what, week 8 vs. the Rams? So they can have a little break, I suppose.

Remember they forced two fumbles in key moments and thwarted a 4th down fake for another “turnover.”

I don’t know if I would call it a “bad” game against two HOFers in Ben and AB I don’t think. Just not our best, definitely room for improvement. Some individual players definitely had bad games, but I felt as a whole we made plays to get the ball back into Brees hands and changed the momentum a few times. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×