Pittsburgh Steelers versus New Orleans Saints: Will the Saints clinch number one seed in the NFC?

ami

10 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

#1 seed babyyyy

And lol NFL Gen is mad as hell but doesn't matter, #1 seed B|

No kidding, wow.

I looked through that thread and the trolling was out of control and ugly. I guess I'm used to message boards with a little stricter rules. I'm too old to get involved in trash talk over a game that I have no control over. Weird vibes man. Especially with those Rams fans and that one guy saying he wants Saints players to tear their ACL's. Woof

Great win though. Defense and offense both stepped up in big spots where it matters. I feel like this game told us a lot about this Saints team , yes they have been winning all season but they just took the best shot from a hungry Steelers team and found a way to make key plays to win the game. That is what great teams do. I am not crowning us yet but we do have the look of one of those teams at least.

2 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

No kidding, wow.

I looked through that thread and the trolling was out of control and ugly. I guess I'm used to message boards with a little stricter rules. I'm too old to get involved in trash talk over a game that I have no control over. Weird vibes man. Especially with those Rams fans and that one guy saying he wants Saints players to tear their ACL's. Woof

Did you see the global mod trolling @tyler735 or @Mid Iowa ?!?

(I don’t remember which)

Either way, that was some bull**** lol 

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I sure did! Not the first time almost guaranteed not to be the last lol. Not to say I was innocent either, but then again I'm not a global mod. 

Lol I thought mid and rammy were both giving it back and forth pretty evenly lol just good hard fun between fans that don’t like each other right now. But then when an attempt to stop the trolling turned into trolling lmao

i do love a good scrap in NFL gen 

9 hours ago, Dome said:

Remember they forced two fumbles in key moments and thwarted a 4th down fake for another “turnover.”

I don’t know if I would call it a “bad” game against two HOFers in Ben and AB I don’t think. Just not our best, definitely room for improvement. Some individual players definitely had bad games, but I felt as a whole we made plays to get the ball back into Brees hands and changed the momentum a few times. 

Great points. I was specifically thinking of the multiple blown coverages that resulted in touchdowns or 2pt conversion. But yeah, probably a little bit of glass half empty thought.

31 minutes ago, Dome said:

Lol I thought mid and rammy were both giving it back and forth pretty evenly lol just good hard fun between fans that don’t like each other right now. But then when an attempt to stop the trolling turned into trolling lmao

i do love a good scrap in NFL gen 

It was (mostly) in fun. I've been going rounds with jrry most of the season, but he'd obviously been drinking or something. He was off his game last night, but he sure got me laughing. His arguments were worse than my bad arguments, and that's bad! And the El Ram...whatever guy, he'll pop in a lot, and he's actually kinda funny, too.

I was put off by that blaqoptic guy with the comments about wanting people hurt. I'll hope he was just drunk & pissy, but that wasn't cool.

All in all, it was pretty fun.

I saw a quick-witted side of some of our Saints fans that I hadn't seen before. That was great!!! @Jlowe22, @tyler735, and @JMG5 were on point. A few others contributed nicely.

Don't get too put off @Destructo Spin. The later games generally involve alcohol, and the AFC North carries a heavy contingent among the boards, and they're super competitive. I think they're just anxious because the Browns are relevant again, and that whole division is changing right now.

@Dome, when mods troll, you know you're watching something good! :D

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Great points. I was specifically thinking of the multiple blown coverages that resulted in touchdowns or 2pt conversion. But yeah, probably a little bit of glass half empty thought.

Yeah. Those (hopefully) can be fixed. I think they can 

back to the Saints I will be interested to see how they play things next week. I'm sure we're going to sit as many people as possible, especially the o-line, but you want to at least have one good drive.

Also Drew is now 8 yards away from 4,000 and he's got a long streak of 4,000 yard seasons. Ideally he can get his yardage and a good drive to start off the game, then everybody can take a seat and Teddy B and the backup oline gets the win. I'd love to win because the Saints have never had a 14-2 season but I'm sure the Panthers would love to win one.

1 minute ago, Destructo Spin said:

I guess I am just a little out of place then. No big deal, if you all enjoy it then I'm not one to get upset about that.

Trust me, these guys talk me off a ledge when I first came to these boards. I just wanted to fight, then realized it was more to laugh about. I still have my moments, but it's all just internet jabbering.

I'd bet 10-1 that if any of us stepped in a bar together, including the dips from last night, it would probably be a pretty fun crew.

11 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

It was (mostly) in fun. I've been going rounds with jrry most of the season, but he'd obviously been drinking or something. He was off his game last night, but he sure got me laughing. His arguments were worse than my bad arguments, and that's bad! And the El Ram...whatever guy, he'll pop in a lot, and he's actually kinda funny, too.

I was put off by that blaqoptic guy with the comments about wanting people hurt. I'll hope he was just drunk & pissy, but that wasn't cool.

All in all, it was pretty fun.

I saw a quick-witted side of some of our Saints fans that I hadn't seen before. That was great!!! @Jlowe22, @tyler735, and @JMG5 were on point. A few others contributed nicely.

Don't get too put off @Destructo Spin. The later games generally involve alcohol, and the AFC North carries a heavy contingent among the boards, and they're super competitive. I think they're just anxious because the Browns are relevant again, and that whole division is changing right now.

@Dome, when mods troll, you know you're watching something good! :D

Rammy is Rammy, don't take anything he says seriously and he's the funniest poster on the site. I've done my fair share of back and forth with jrry too, both because of the Saints/Rams and in the baseball forum I'm an Astros fan while he's a Yankees fan, and these 2 teams have been 2 of the best 3-5 teams each of the last couple of years. We also beat the Yankees in the ALCS to go to the World Series just like the Saints are gonna beat the Rams in the NFCCG to go to the Super Bowl. Jrry is gonna be my mortal enemy. xD

Archived