Nathan Peterman is now a Raider

SpanosPayYourRent

52 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Had to figure someone would add him to the practice squad. Gruden has never met a QB he didn't like either from what I've seen.

This is a tired joke. Gruden was a TV personality. He talked up Conner Cook pre-draft and at his QB camp and cut him after preseason. People need to understand the difference between Gruden doing a TV job and as a coach. Media loves to run with stuff he said as a TV personality for clicks.

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I don't frequent this forum, but had to and ask "aren't there other options fro the raiders?" .  I thought this qb was never to play a down in the nfl ever again, out the CFL or XFL or AAF. 

He is on the practice squad, hardly a secure spot in the NFL.

*shamelessly stealing this from a coworker*

Actually, this is Gruden trying to improve his secondary.

[puts Peterson in as scout QB]
[talks to his defensive coaching staff]

We have two things we're going to focus on here:

1. Working on interception returns and how our guys set up blocks to spring for bigger returns.
  2. Building up the secondary's confidence.

Alternative theory (mine, not my coworker's): Jon is getting upset that Jay is getting all the attention as the Gruden. "I am the one true idiot Gruden!"

I love the media when it come to the Raiders. He was signed to the practice squad to run scout team while McCarron is out with his wife having a baby. 

All the headlines come out implying he was signed to the active roster. They just want their story line from the Gruden QB camp

Just now, big_palooka said:

I love the media when it come to the Raiders. He was signed to the practice squad to run scout team while McCarron is out with his wife having a baby. 

If serious: how does this help the defense when they're playing with a guy who cannot effectively challenge/prepare them? Also, they don't have a tight end or someone who is the emergency quarterback who can run those snaps? No WR on the practice squad who was a HS QB? They needed one of the most inaccurate QBs to play in the past two years to run the scout team? Really?

My tongue-in-cheek theory that it's a confidence-builder for the secondary makes more sense.

Look, as a fan of one miserably run franchise to another, I get that you want to defend the team's honor. But there are times when you just have to throw your arms up in the air and go "no, this isn't worth my time or energy to defend."

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This is a tired joke. Gruden was a TV personality. He talked up Conner Cook pre-draft and at his QB camp and cut him after preseason. People need to understand the difference between Gruden doing a TV job and as a coach. Media loves to run with stuff he said as a TV personality for clicks.

Gruden is a grown man who has been paid to spew a lot of generic B.S. Kiper,  Miller, etc at least had the balls to go out and say their real opinion on the guys at least. I respect that much more from any TV personality. 

As a coach I don't expect him to rely on Peterman, I think he will get cut. I know Gruden will be more objective than as a media head, that doesn't make a difference with hype he gave a player predraft. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Gruden is a grown man who has been paid to spew a lot of generic B.S. Kiper,  Miller, etc at least had the balls to go out and say their real opinion on the guys at least. I respect that much more from any TV personality. 

As a coach I don't expect him to rely on Peterman, I think he will get cut. I know Gruden will be more objective than as a media head, that doesn't make a difference with hype he gave a player predraft. 

Gruden talked up everyone as a media guy, doesn’t mean that’s his true analysis. Personally I couldn’t stand him in the media. However, much better coach than he is a media personality which has been proven in the past and will probably be proven again in the future. 

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I don't frequent this forum, but had to and ask "aren't there other options fro the raiders?" .  I thought this qb was never to play a down in the nfl ever again, out the CFL or XFL or AAF. 

You and me both, sir. 

Peterman must have an in with a Private Investigator, and only gets jobs because he's got lots of dirt on NFL GM's. 

Archived