Nathan Peterman is now a Raider

SpanosPayYourRent

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not trying to defend my teams honor. I'm highly critical of this organization. Signing a young QB to your PS warrant the social media bashing Gruden received. They had 2 open spots on the PS, if he wants to see if he can fix a broken QB, who cares? 

This is where I’m at.

Peterman obviously has looked atrocious, but Gruden thought he had some talent pre draft (as did a number here in case some of y’all forgot) and wants to see if he can get anything out of him.  What’s wrong with that?

It’s a PS spot in December ffs.

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I love the media when it come to the Raiders. He was signed to the practice squad to run scout team while McCarron is out with his wife having a baby. 

All the headlines come out implying he was signed to the active roster. They just want their story line from the Gruden QB camp

Agree, but I don't think it specifically has anything to do with the Raiders or Gruden.  What they're really trying to do is to fuel up the Kaepernick story line.  The media, specifically ESPN would love to make this an issue again.

16 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Man this is so bad lol. Dude doesn’t deserve a job in the NFL. Let someone else get a shot.

It's a practice squad position.  Its not like he's on the active roster like Geno Smith - 31 starts, 36 INT, 19 FUM; or Deshone Kizer - 15 starts, 0 wins, 23 INT, 10 FUM, speaking of giving someone else a shot...

John Gruden is a genius. He's trying to completely change the culture of his defense. What better way to instill confidence in your defense than to bring in the human turnover machine at QB to run scout team. That defense is going to relentlessly pursue the football and take it away. This makes for a brighter 2019.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

John Gruden is a genius. He's trying to completely change the culture of his defense. What better way to instill confidence in your defense than to bring in the human turnover machine at QB to run scout team. That defense is going to relentlessly pursue the football and take it away. This makes for a brighter 2019.

Human turnover mahcine? They acquired Kizer?

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not trying to defend my teams honor. I'm highly critical of this organization. Signing a young QB to your PS warrant the social media bashing Gruden received. They had 2 open spots on the PS, if he wants to see if he can fix a broken QB, who cares? 

Okay. However, in regards to the bolded, wasn't one of the biggest criticisms of Gruden was that he didn't develop QBs? That he wanted older veterans who understood the game already?

Tampa fans, am I just imagining this?

On 12/20/2018 at 7:21 AM, frenchie said:

Agree, but I don't think it specifically has anything to do with the Raiders or Gruden.  What they're really trying to do is to fuel up the Kaepernick story line.  The media, specifically ESPN would love to make this an issue again.

It's a practice squad position.  Its not like he's on the active roster like Geno Smith - 31 starts, 36 INT, 19 FUM; or Deshone Kizer - 15 starts, 0 wins, 23 INT, 10 FUM, speaking of giving someone else a shot...

And both those guys are significantly better than Peterman. I don't think people realize just how bad Peterman is. The guy has a career rating of 32.5.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, Woz said:

Okay. However, in regards to the bolded, wasn't one of the biggest criticisms of Gruden was that he didn't develop QBs? That he wanted older veterans who understood the game already?

Tampa fans, am I just imagining this?

He's done a good job of getting Carr playing at a high level again. Granted, we knew Carr had some talent. Do I think he will turn Peterman into something... no. But it's a no risk move. He has a QB in Carr.

He didn't really have any QBs to develop in Tampa. Sims, Gradkowski? He didn't draft high on QB and got mileage on Garcia and Griese.

On 12/19/2018 at 3:16 PM, AP_allday2869 said:

Kaep is definitely winning that lawsuit now

Why?

-Kaep turned down offers

-Kaep would cost a ton more

-Kaep would be a distraction

-Kaep would never agree to sign onto a practice squad (he probably isn't even eligible)

Has literally nothing to compare when signing

Archived