Shady on the Move?

bigbadbuff23835

9 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Don't want Cousins for that price given his contract situation. And factoring in his current contract situation, it really doesn't make sense to me to make any deal at this time realistically anyways. But I understand the fun in speculating.

I (and I think many others) want our team to build the way we haven't in all my years of existence. Draft a QB early and if he fails, continue to take a QB until we get the right guy. Then use our plethora of picks to build around him (ayo.. Sam Darnold what's good?). We have the ammo to theoretically do it. Let's hope our luck turns around for once in several years.

To me, EJ Manuel doesn't count, that was a desperate reach and we all knew it. 

I totally understand the Cousins dilemma and I think if I was a team I wouldn't trade for him given the contract he is going to need but it would be hard to turn down a proven commodity with plenty of years ahead of him over a completely unknown drafted QB. The success rate on drafted QBs is like maybe 50/50 and it would be hard turning down a sure thing to risk it in the draft. I understand both positions and honestly don't know where I would land but if I was a GM and my job depended on it I'd take the NFL vet. 

8 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Screw more journeymen QB's.

Get a top-10 pick, take a QB, let the QB sit UNTIL THAT QB IS READY and only then play him.

Marrone failed EJ by throwing him into the fire immediately.

EJ was going to suck whenever he was put in. In fairness to Marrone, Kolb would have been the starter if he could have stayed healthy for a day.

40 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

No way we give up a 2019 first. We are in no position after Whaley blundered 3 straight on Manuel and Watkins.

We need to start hitting on early picks 

Now if it's something like Taylor, 2017 1st (ours) 2017 3rd (Ours) I'd be OK 

So you'd want to save a first round pick which you'd hope would turn into a top 12 player at their position(which Cousins is) and pass on the proven commodity? You're saying we need to "hit" on picks well getting the best QB we've had since Kelly by FAR would be quite the hit...

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

So you'd want to save a first round pick which you'd hope would turn into a top 12 player at their position(which Cousins is) and pass on the proven commodity? You're saying we need to "hit" on picks well getting the best QB we've had since Kelly by FAR would be quite the hit...

We're rebuilding even with Cousins that pick in 2019 in all probability is a high pick. I'd be opposed to dealing it with a high 2018 pick. Kirk Cousins alone isn't gonna put us over the top with holes all over the roster. 

I said use one of the first this year + or at very least both these 2018 1's because we have multiple 2nds and 3rds.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We're rebuilding even with Cousins that pick in 2019 in all probability is a high pick. I'd be opposed to dealing it with a high 2018 pick. Kirk Cousins alone isn't gonna put us over the top with holes all over the roster. 

I said use one of the first this year + or at very least both these 2018 1's because we have multiple 2nds and 3rds.

See I think that Cousins could easily put us over the top, especially if we added a wide out with one of our firsts this year.

I mean Brady can't play forever...I hope.

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

This fan base is so desperate for a franchise QB that were actually debating giving away draft picks for Cousins? 

He's good, but he is also 29 and has had a really nice supporting cast. Something he would not have here. 

29 in QB years is young imo. With quality pass pro, I legit feel you can get 6-7 really productive years but in this case you can't afford a couple years of building.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

This fan base is so desperate for a franchise QB that were actually debating giving away draft picks for Cousins? 

He's good, but he is also 29 and has had a really nice supporting cast. Something he would not have here. 

29 ain't old for a QB. You'd rather spend a draft pick on a guy you'd hope could be Cousins... I don't get it, do you feel better because you drafted him instead of trading for him? Come on dude.

And yeah he has much better pass catching options, but he's never had a running back anywhere near Shady's level. 

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

29 ain't old for a QB. You'd rather spend a draft pick on a guy you'd hope could be Cousins... I don't get it, do you feel better because you drafted him instead of trading for him? Come on dude.

And yeah he has much better pass catching options, but he's never had a running back anywhere near Shady's level. 

No. I want to spend a draft pick on a guy that could be the next Manning or Brady. Why settle for mediocrity (or above average if that's what you believe)? 

Buffalo has been trying to put a bandaid on the QB problem for almost two decades. Trading for Cousins would be the exact same thing and having Shady means nothing if he would be 30 when Cousins arrives and our best OL 35.

It's a rebuild fella's. There is no hump to go over. This team is nowhere near playoff ready. 

45 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

No. I want to spend a draft pick on a guy that could be the next Manning or Brady. Why settle for mediocrity (or above average if that's what you believe)? 

Buffalo has been trying to put a bandaid on the QB problem for almost two decades. Trading for Cousins would be the exact same thing and having Shady means nothing if he would be 30 when Cousins arrives and our best OL 35.

It's a rebuild fella's. There is no hump to go over. This team is nowhere near playoff ready. 

So you think a first round pick, which isn't even guaranteed to be a top 10 pick has more of a chance to be a better player than Kirk Cousins than not being better than him. The age for him shouldn't be a problem but if you wanna throw in that he's five years older than a rookie would be when we got him then you can add that into the equation. I think there's a far better chance that ANY team busts with their top pick than hitting on a top 12 quarterback. In essence I'm saying we get much better value back.

Team goes as QB goes. See how quick you get a rebuild when you have Cousins as your QB than with nothing at QB and a 6 top three round picks 

Archived