Returning Corners 2019

RSkinGM

Quinton Dubar, Fabian Moreau, Adonis Alexander, Stroman, Danny Johnson and hopefully Holsey. Not sure if he needs an operation on that partially torn ACL. Some young talent there . Assuming  the ballet and dancing w/ the Stars guy doesn't return.,  I guess we'd need to draft one or two (one of those on day 2 probably ) , maybe find one UNdrafted and maybe a F A . How do you guys feel about the corner situation ?

6 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Quinton Dubar, Fabian Moreau, Adonis Alexander, Stroman, Danny Johnson and hopefully Holsey. Not sure if he needs an operation on that partially torn ACL. Some young talent there . Assuming  the ballet and dancing w/ the Stars guy doesn't return.,  I guess we'd need to draft one or two (one of those on day 2 probably ) , maybe find one UNdrafted and maybe a F A . How do you guys feel about the corner situation ?

Like you said we have quality depth but we're lacking someone who can cover opposing #1 WRs.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Like you said we have quality depth but we're lacking someone who can cover opposing #1 WRs.

It may end up having to be a "roll the dice" scenario. There are a lot of holes that have popped up in the back seven that there may have to be compromises made.

I think its got to be a top priority. We just drafted some young defensive lineman and we have to build on top of that.

What happens to the guys' confidence when we are getting picked apart like the Falcons and Saints game? We need someone to cover a few more seconds so our defensive lineman can get to the quarterback.

Plug in a Byron Murphy of Greedy Williams to this defense and it starts to get scary. Round Two options are Diggs' brother and the corner-back out of Clemson.

Josh Norman is JAG  and we can cut him and use the money to grab Bortles or Bridgewater as a stopgap till we can grab a better quarterback. Just what I'm thinking.

They like Dunny and I think they like Moreau’s potential- and probably more on the outside than in the slot - I think Norman is cut and I think they’ll draft a corner, I’m not convinced it will be in round 1 but of corner is the bpa, I don’t think they’ll pass on him.

17 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Dunbar has the height to cover taller receivers, but I'm not sure he can handle #1's, or pure speed guys like Desean Jackson.  I would like to see the position addressed early, as pass-rush is a strength and adding a Greedy Williams type player would be huge from the start.  It will most certainly be a rotation of whose skills work best to cover which receiver.  

For example, in the aforementioned Jackson situation, if we play the Bucs next year, Dunbar likely goes up against Mike Evans, who is 6-5, while you likely put your fastest defensive back on Jackson.  And you can work your way through every other team that way.  Because offenses are now trying to exploit matchups more than ever before, defenses are also trying to matchup better than they have in the past.  

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Dunbar has the height to cover taller receivers, but I'm not sure he can handle #1's, or pure speed guys like Desean Jackson.  I would like to see the position addressed early, as pass-rush is a strength and adding a Greedy Williams type player would be huge from the start.  It will most certainly be a rotation of whose skills work best to cover which receiver.  

For example, in the aforementioned Jackson situation, if we play the Bucs next year, Dunbar likely goes up against Mike Evans, who is 6-5, while you likely put your fastest defensive back on Jackson.  And you can work your way through every other team that way.  Because offenses are now trying to exploit matchups more than ever before, defenses are also trying to matchup better than they have in the past.  

Djax is probably going to get cut.

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Just an example.  He has barely played all year with more injuries, and at this point, likely isn't playing the rest of the year because the Bucs have nothing to play for.  

He’s going to get cut bc they can get out of his contract and he hasn’t lived up to his large contract. Garçon is likely to get cut for the same reason.

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

lol, you're so funny, thinking that there will be change with management

I dreamed a dream of time gone by
I dreamed a dream of life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving

I just don't hope I have to cut my hair for money. I don't have much to give (more than others, but not a lot).

Archived