Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RamRod

Week 16 - Rams at Cardinals

Recommended Posts

I was almost right with my 35-10 Rams win prediction.

This is what happens when you commit to the run. Whether its Gurley or now CJA, you run the ball. Teams better be scared if McVay comes out like this every game and pound the football. CJA is better than Brown. I probably will get push back but Im dead serious. The only thing that has been the knock on him was injuries. He would fall down and get up and look like he is hurt in Denver. Now with him backing up Gurley, the Rams have a better 1-2 punch than they had before with Gurley and Brown. If McVay commits to the run with those two, the NFL better watch out. 

Great win for the Rams in a much needed performance. Now lets root for the Steelers to beat the Saints because it will come down to Week 17 for both teams. A little nugget, if it does come down to Week 17 for the Saints, they havent won a Week 17 game since 2015. So if that streak holds true, the Rams can still sneak and get that 1 seed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s about damn time we just pound the rock all game long. Too bad it took us losing 2 in a row for Mcbae to get back to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Boboso20 said:

It’s about damn time we just pound the rock all game long. Too bad it took us losing 2 in a row for Mcbae to get back to it. 

They were stacking the box too. Just couldn't stop it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I was almost right with my 35-10 Rams win prediction.

This is what happens when you commit to the run. Whether its Gurley or now CJA, you run the ball. Teams better be scared if McVay comes out like this every game and pound the football. CJA is better than Brown. I probably will get push back but Im dead serious. The only thing that has been the knock on him was injuries. He would fall down and get up and look like he is hurt in Denver. Now with him backing up Gurley, the Rams have a better 1-2 punch than they had before with Gurley and Brown. If McVay commits to the run with those two, the NFL better watch out. 

Great win for the Rams in a much needed performance. Now lets root for the Steelers to beat the Saints because it will come down to Week 17 for both teams. A little nugget, if it does come down to Week 17 for the Saints, they havent won a Week 17 game since 2015. So if that streak holds true, the Rams can still sneak and get that 1 seed. 

Who is going to push back on that? He was a 1000 yard rusher in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They were stacking the box too. Just couldn't stop it.

It made it that more impressive. Goff looked better and other than a couple inaccurate throws while pressured I felt better about his play. I just hope that when we play the bears in the playoffs we pound the rock. We’re going to have to win in an ugly game against them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boboso20 said:

It made it that more impressive. Goff looked better and other than a couple inaccurate throws while pressured I felt better about his play. I just hope that when we play the bears in the playoffs we pound the rock. We’re going to have to win in an ugly game against them. 

The Bears have to get past the Vikings first (or the Eagles). But I think it's a very different game in LA. The Bears aren't a great road team.

Edited by jrry32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boboso20 said:

It made it that more impressive. Goff looked better and other than a couple inaccurate throws while pressured I felt better about his play. I just hope that when we play the bears in the playoffs we pound the rock. We’re going to have to win in an ugly game against them. 

Oddly, the way the two teams are trending right now, I can see a situation where the Hawks go into Chicago and win.  Seattle's not the typical West Coast team that gets flustered by cold and inclimate weather.  And to be honest, they're built to play like the AFC and NFC North teams of old.  I trust a lot of about Chicago's defense in the playoffs, I don't trust Mitch in his first ever playoff game.  It's kind of sad we're almost certainly not going to see that matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Oddly, the way the two teams are trending right now, I can see a situation where the Hawks go into Chicago and win.  Seattle's not the typical West Coast team that gets flustered by cold and inclimate weather.  And to be honest, they're built to play like the AFC and NFC North teams of old.  I trust a lot of about Chicago's defense in the playoffs, I don't trust Mitch in his first ever playoff game.  It's kind of sad we're almost certainly not going to see that matchup.

Seattle and Dallas is kind of a funny game. You have strength on strength (defense + running game). But yeah, I'd rather see Seattle vs. Chicago. Although, Minnesota is one of those teams that could flip the switch at any time and be scary. They won't be an easy out either.

Also, I really loved seeing C.J. Anderson behind this OL. He's a really good runner in a zone scheme. His bowling ball style makes him a real pain to stop behind an OL that can open up creases like ours. It's crazy to think, but he could be an X factor in the playoffs for us. A poster on another forum had a very interesting thought. Imagine Gurley lined up at WR with C.J. Anderson in the backfield for a few snaps in the playoffs. That jet sweep action with Gurley coming across the formation would be frightening. Plus, if you get a mismatch against Todd in the passing game, you can exploit it. It'll be interesting to see if McVay uses that at all.

Edited by jrry32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Seattle and Dallas is kind of a funny game. You have strength on strength (defense + running game). But yeah, I'd rather see Seattle vs. Chicago. Although, Minnesota is one of those teams that could flip the switch at any time and be scary. They won't be an easy out either.

Also, I really loved seeing C.J. Anderson behind this OL. He's a really good runner in a zone scheme. His bowling ball style makes him a real pain to stop behind an OL that can open up creases like ours. It's crazy to think, but he could be an X factor in the playoffs for us. A poster on another forum had a very interesting thought. Imagine Gurley lined up at WR with C.J. Anderson in the backfield for a few snaps in the playoffs. That jet sweep action with Gurley coming across the formation would be frightening. Plus, if you get a mismatch against Todd in the passing game, you can exploit it. It'll be interesting to see if McVay uses that at all.

I actually got to wondering today if we don't see some (not many, because of how fond McVay is of using the same personnel configuration) instances with both Anderson and Todd on the field or even, given that Anderson has shown he can be productive as a runner behind this line, if we don't see some instances where Gurley gets used like Le'Veon Bell was and lined up in the slot (could add a real wrinkle to where to create some misdirector for the jet sweep with one of the WR's or to get Gurley on wheel or crossing routes where he's already at speed when he's receiving the ball).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I actually got to wondering today if we don't see some (not many, because of how fond McVay is of using the same personnel configuration) instances with both Anderson and Todd on the field or even, given that Anderson has shown he can be productive as a runner behind this line, if we don't see some instances where Gurley gets used like Le'Veon Bell was and lined up in the slot (could add a real wrinkle to where to create some misdirector for the jet sweep with one of the WR's or to get Gurley on wheel or crossing routes where he's already at speed when he's receiving the ball).

I think we're going to see it. McVay is such a creative guy. It makes no sense not to use that sort of package if Anderson continues to run well. Imagine the confusion it could cause for the opposing DC. There are so many things you could do with Gurley lined up in the slot and Anderson at HB. Hell, there are so many things you could run off of the jet sweep motion. You can run the jet sweep, you can run inside-zone, you can run a PA shot play, you can run a PA play where you hit Gurley in the flat (defenses tend to forget about the player running the jet action on PA passes), you can run a PA screen to Anderson, you can run a PA wheel route to Gurley off of the jet action, etc. The options are really endless. That's something that can really stress a defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Who is going to push back on that? He was a 1000 yard rusher in 2017.

Right? Although I think this is more about how bad Malcolm Brown is rather than saying CJ Anderson is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chris00cm said:

Right? Although I think this is more about how bad Malcolm Brown is rather than saying CJ Anderson is good.

Brown isn't bad. He's a good backup. He's an impressive player in the passing game, but he's a plodder in the running game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Seattle and Dallas is kind of a funny game. You have strength on strength (defense + running game). But yeah, I'd rather see Seattle vs. Chicago. Although, Minnesota is one of those teams that could flip the switch at any time and be scary. They won't be an easy out either.

Also, I really loved seeing C.J. Anderson behind this OL. He's a really good runner in a zone scheme. His bowling ball style makes him a real pain to stop behind an OL that can open up creases like ours. It's crazy to think, but he could be an X factor in the playoffs for us. A poster on another forum had a very interesting thought. Imagine Gurley lined up at WR with C.J. Anderson in the backfield for a few snaps in the playoffs. That jet sweep action with Gurley coming across the formation would be frightening. Plus, if you get a mismatch against Todd in the passing game, you can exploit it. It'll be interesting to see if McVay uses that at all.

Dude that just made me drool. Would love to see that. If executed correctly, that would make us unstoppable. 

imagine the play action after that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×