Pro Bowl?

jleisher

On 1/26/2019 at 7:46 AM, mikebpackfan said:

It is?

RIP Norm. 

They're going to have one of those machines I have to blow in to log into FF from now on

Also, yeah what Leader said, it's gonna be sloppy. I don't actually think the PB is the biggest ****show on earth like so many pretend, it's just a cool thing to circle jerk about, but if it's all crappy people really really aren't going to try I would guess.

59 minutes ago, Norm said:

Also, yeah what Leader said, it's gonna be sloppy. I don't actually think the PB is the biggest ****show on earth like so many pretend, it's just a cool thing to circle jerk about, but if it's all crappy people really really aren't going to try I would guess.

What's good about it.

25 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

What's good about it.

Nothing, it's the worst thing ever, it's worse than the Holocaust. It's football. IDK what to tell you. What's good about Titans VS Jags on Thursday night

Anyways, I never said it was good anyways. But it's talked about like it's worse than an infomercial for shake weights or some ****. It's not that ******* bad. It's just become super cool to make fun of it. 90% of people ****ting on it haven't even watched it in a decade.

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hot Take Alert:

I enjoyed the hell out of the dodge ball tournament and the other fun games like the throwing competition. Watching Von Miller try and throw the ball was teh lulz. 

I don't disagree. I love watching the skills competition. The game itself sucks and isn't enjoyable

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Nothing, it's the worst thing ever, it's worse than the Holocaust. It's football. IDK what to tell you. What's good about Titans VS Jags on Thursday night

Anyways, I never said it was good anyways. But it's talked about like it's worse than an infomercial for shake weights or some ****. It's not that ******* bad. It's just become super cool to make fun of it. 90% of people ****ting on it haven't even watched it in a decade.

Then I guess the games biggest stars who routinely skip it are apart of that 90%. Wish they'd find a way to make the game worth something

4 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Then I guess the games biggest stars who routinely skip it are apart of that 90%. Wish they'd find a way to make the game worth something

I;d rather it really didn't matter myself. Not like MLB all star game was? (is? they changed that I think). You can't really force the dudes to play. 

I just don't think it's awful. It's more entertaining that preseason games that aren't your team or random garbage prim time games.

Playing pro football for fun is like trying to have a mixed martial arts match for fun. Stupid idea.

Baseball’s All Star game is a real contest, but the dynamics are different because you can’t use pitchers as you normally would. The NBA’s game can be played for fun, but it’s not much like a real game because no one plays defense. I don’t watch hockey’s All Star thing, but it might be pretty close to a proper hockey match.

I never watch the Pro Bowl, and I feel bad for the players that have to go through the motions of playing vanilla schemes with unfamiliar team mates just to get their recognition. 

On 1/24/2019 at 4:06 PM, Sasquatch said:

This is a good place - very diverse perspectives.  Who in this forum used to post at one of these other sites:  ESPN, Sports Hoopla, Packers Chatters, Reddit, others?

ESPN and PC.  Stopped going to PC when the board format changed, must have been in the 2011 season.  I just didn't like what it looked like.  ESPN I stayed with until the end, though it wasn't really very good football information, it was mostly just goofing around.

44 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

ESPN and PC.  Stopped going to PC when the board format changed, must have been in the 2011 season.  I just didn't like what it looked like.  ESPN I stayed with until the end, though it wasn't really very good football information, it was mostly just goofing around.

Seems our paths have crossed a lot over the years then.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:23 AM, Kepler said:

Not just this site lol. I remember another site where certain people angrily argued against keeping either Bakhtiari and Adams.

This.  Everyone was ready to dump Kyler Fackrell before last season, and look how that turned out.

Archived