Pro Bowl?

jleisher

On 12/20/2018 at 2:30 PM, jleisher said:

Maybe Rodgers wouldn't have gotten hurt with a pro bowl guard and yeah, maybe we would have made it to the Super Bowl, we sure didn't make it with a promising young corner and an underperforming line.

We also had a underperforming QB who made the line look significantly worse than it was.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Speaking of the Pro Bowl :

Here's Larry McCarren at packers.com with 3 killer catches from Davante Adams.
Including one in the RZ, with Adams lined up in the slot, where he breaks Slay's ankles

https://www.packers.com/video/rock-report-wow-factor

I remember being bashed when I said there was no way that Adams was going to be cut in 2016.. this site does get a little crazy sometimes, but it is what it is. 

11 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Speaking of the Pro Bowl :

Here's Larry McCarren at packers.com with 3 killer catches from Davante Adams.
Including one in the RZ, with Adams lined up in the slot, where he breaks Slay's ankles

https://www.packers.com/video/rock-report-wow-factor

I love McCarren's work.  Great stuff there.  What he didn't mention was how the Packers moved him around.  Those three catches came from 3 different positions.

Davante is a stud.  Pure and simple.  He should be the poster boy for PATIENCE.

9 hours ago, MrBoom said:

I remember being bashed when I said there was no way that Adams was going to be cut in 2016.. this site does get a little crazy sometimes, but it is what it is. 

Not just this site lol. I remember another site where certain people angrily argued against keeping either Bakhtiari and Adams.

42 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Not just this site lol. I remember another site where certain people angrily argued against keeping either Bakhtiari and Adams.

IDK where it was but there was a bunch of guys saying he had to be cut to send a message and ****. Man that would have looked so bad right now.

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

They are the draft gurus who can decipher and judge a whole draft one year later.

To some extent, it seems like regular posters to football forums are evolving and getting smarter.  I remember posting over on ESPN's boards back in the day and it was a troll fest.  Same with Sports Hoopla.  Not so much at Packers Chatters, but they had the opposite, elitist problem.  Didn't matter which boards you were on, there were always folks advocating for giving up on players way too soon.  I don't see that as much here now, but I'm sure it was a problem several years ago when folks just expected the Packers to be great every single year.

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

To some extent, it seems like regular posters to football forums are evolving and getting smarter.  I remember posting over on ESPN's boards back in the day and it was a troll fest.  Same with Sports Hoopla.  Not so much at Packers Chatters, but they had the opposite, elitist problem.  Didn't matter which boards you were on, there were always folks advocating for giving up on players way too soon.  I don't see that as much here now, but I'm sure it was a problem several years ago when folks just expected the Packers to be great every single year.

I expect that!  I was pretty bummed this year when I knew the roster wasn't what it had been for the prior 5 years or so.  Still I was hopeful!

I like to at least think that I can be objective when it comes to the Packers.  And I'm quite optimistic about what they can accomplish with these draft picks and the money they have in free agency.

And...I dig this site.  Guys are pretty respectful here...except for Norm.  :D

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I expect that!  I was pretty bummed this year when I knew the roster wasn't what it had been for the prior 5 years or so.  Still I was hopeful!

I like to at least think that I can be objective when it comes to the Packers.  And I'm quite optimistic about what they can accomplish with these draft picks and the money they have in free agency.

And...I dig this site.  Guys are pretty respectful here...except for Norm.  :D

This is a good place - very diverse perspectives.  Who in this forum used to post at one of these other sites:  ESPN, Sports Hoopla, Packers Chatters, Reddit, others?

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

This is a good place - very diverse perspectives.  Who in this forum used to post at one of these other sites:  ESPN, Sports Hoopla, Packers Chatters, Reddit, others?

I think I was on PC for a while.

Archived