Rebuilding the Patriots

Elky

7 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Is he going to get PAID paid by New England you think? If Flowers gets a contract, then Brown seems like a franchise tag candidate/ But I was looking and see that Brady, Gronk, and McCourty were the only 3 players this season who the Pats spend over 10M per year on. I wonder if Brown gets his ring, someone like AZ will throw some money at him.

I have my doubts. I'd not be surprised if they throw in a middle round pick for a swing tackle and trust Wynn at LT. It's a risk but Brown will ask for huge money and will likey get it. He is younger than Solder and just as good.

I think it'll depend on what their evaluation of Wynn is based on his preseason pre-injury, but I think there's a pretty good chance Brown signs elsewhere, unless he takes a Cannon-type deal slightly below market value. Flowers has to be the priority, no holds barred.

• Like 2

Before my massive post. I want the Pats to double dip at WR in the draft badly. 

I love Sills and Renfrow. 

My thoughts of need in no order for the draft

TE, WR, WR, DE, DT, OLB, S, developmental QB.

The TE from Iowa not named Fant is someone we could easily not spend a first rounder on while we draft a defensive prospect with #32.

8 hours ago, GoldenboyDB12 said:

The TE from Iowa not named Fant is someone we could easily not spend a first rounder on while we draft a defensive prospect with #32.

Weapons and DL would be the priorities for me. I'd probably go in order

1) DL

2) WR/TE

3) DL

4) WR/TE

5) QB

6) LB

7) S

We could see Hightower, McCourty, and Gronk all restructured or let go.

Trent Brown will probably walk for a bigger pay day. I'd love to have him back but we have a decent insurance plan. Number 1 priority has to be Flowers. He cannot go anywhere. 

DL and pass catchers. Good news is we have 1st, (2) 2nd's, and essentially an entire rookie class returning from IR/Red Shirt seasons. 

On 1/27/2019 at 11:21 PM, GoldenboyDB12 said:

TJ Hockenson. He should definitely be a target at 31/32 based on what I've seen. Shades of 87

• Like 1

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I think we'll tag Flowers and let Brown walk. He's played his way into the type of contract we won't be prepared to give him, sadly to say. 

If Gronk retires, they might have room for both. The OL has been so good recently that breaking up the unit feels bad.

Plus: Cooks, Hicks, Bennett...I'm tired of one year rentals. You get all attached and then BOOM they're going off to live on a farm or being taken in by a rich family. If we're not going to keep the strays we pick up, then we shouldn't name them.

WR is the number one priority this off-season, you could see tonight that WR is the biggest need for the Patriots. They had no WR's who could separate other than Jules. Hogan, Dorsett are free agents and Gronk will likely retire.

Going to be an overhaul of Brady's pass catchers next season. Side note: I could also see Dola coming back post-cap-causalty.