Rebuilding the Patriots

Elky

Flowers is the top DL imo, unless Justin Houston gets released.

Flowers is miles ahead of Ziggy Ansah, who has to be regarded in the same area of cash-value.

Flowers will break the bank. I love him, but we can’t dedicate 20% of the cap to one guy. As long as he doesn’t go to Denver or one of the New York teams, I’m fine. Detroit, Tennessee, and Miami seem most likely. We won’t come close to their money.

a guy to watch for us, Kerry Hyder from Detroit. Typical under the radar signing that brings a huge impact.

1 minute ago, areksoo said:

Hopefully the Patriots can resign some of them, but looks like there will be a bunch more compensatory picks in the Patriots' future.

yep I would expect at least 2 additional 3 round picks in 2020 as well which could allow the Patriots to trade some of their 2019 and 2020 picks away for immediate replacements on cheap deals.

1 minute ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Same thing we heard about Hightower, McCourty, etc. Not tagging him /= not valuing the player or wanting them back.

certainly but he does have no injury concerns like Hightower and is the best DE on the market. We might still pay him but I personally don't see BB valuing him at a price others will.

19 hours ago, Asciimo said:

looking at overthecap..

cut Adrian "never see the field" Clayborn - save 4 mil

cut james "fullback" develin - save 1.2 mil

cut nate "I never play" Ebner - save 2.2 mil

cut kyle "sorry bro u aint worth 5.1 mil against the cap" van noy - 5.1 mil

devin "old" McCourty - 9.5 mil

boom we have money to resign mr flowers and trent brown.

cut james "fullback" develin - save 1.2 mil 

WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but im cool with the rest though. mccourty is unlikely to get cut but i wouldn't be torn up about it if he actually is. rather try and trade van noy somewhere. before this season i didnt like develin but he is valuable now.

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

you think we will? I don't think so. Market might be too strong for his services.

Not what I am implying, more that there hasnt been any indication that they dont want him back. 

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Same thing we heard about Hightower, McCourty, etc. Not tagging him /= not valuing the player or wanting them back.

As 14T stated, there is precedent that a player without a tag is brought back. McCourty was the best safety on the market that year IIRC

Just cuz theyre free agents doesnt mean theyre gone but at 17m annually I think Flowers is gone. Brown would be nice to have back but if he gets a long term deal over three years at more than 10 mil I think he is leaving too. hopefully Gostkowski leaves but I think he is coming back.😂

Archived