Rebuilding the Patriots

Elky

11 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Flowers is more versatile than Chandler Jones.

No he isn't. Chandler rushed from the inside on 3rd downs as well and played in coverage. He also excelled on STs. Flowers doesn't hold a candle to what Chandler was when he was with the Patriots. He certainly doesn't now....

10 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

No he isn't. Chandler rushed from the inside on 3rd downs as well and played in coverage. He also excelled on STs. Flowers doesn't hold a candle to what Chandler was when he was with the Patriots. He certainly doesn't now....

Chandler got talked down a lot by Pats fans. Most TFLs in the NFL last 3 seasons definitely says it all he is an all world DE. Flowers is good and would have been nice to keep but not at 17 APY. I don't see the value there and I doubt BB pay him that.

Will be interesting what BB does in the next 2 months including draft, FA signings and trades. He will have a good plan that much is certain.

35 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

but im cool with the rest though. mccourty is unlikely to get cut but i wouldn't be torn up about it if he actually is. rather try and trade van noy somewhere. before this season i didnt like develin but he is valuable now.

I don't want to pay either player. They will be overpaid by others teams. Let them go. We have seen this time and time again. Malloy, Chandler, Seymour  Verbal on and on BB says By and than changes the name to his boat.

let the  Dolphins  spend all there cap space like they do every other year and still keep losing.  Flowers is a real good player but he not worth paying the money they are saying he can get from other teams.

One of my favorite player in the draft last year was Wynn. When they said the Pats pick him I was shocked and jumping for joy. I see the same thing when Brown came in last year, many where worried. Don't sweat it, Wynn will step right in and we won't miss a beat.

44 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

as a edge defender flowers is better than jones was even if he wasnt used the same. that said flowers still is capable like jones from playing inside on third down.

52 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Flowers has been the most complete defensive lineman they’ve had since Seymour. 

Versatile.

Model Patriot. Not showing up at the Foxbrough police station shirtless and high the week of a playoff game.

And a big game performer. Didn’t disappear down the stretch like Jones did.

Doesn’t hold a candle to what Chandler Jones was? GTFO. Just because he doesn’t put up sack numbers? News flash, sacks are a dumb statistic and BB doesn’t care about padding stack numbers.

The Bucs just signed their largely mediocre LT to a 14mil per year extension - thus setting the LT market, and all but guaranteeing Brown a huge pay day...somewhere else. When the off-season started I thought they might hold on to either Brown or Flowers, but the contracts and FA situation at both positions have done that hope in. They're both gone, looks like.

12 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Flowers has been the most complete defensive lineman they’ve had since Seymour. 

Versatile.

Model Patriot. Not showing up at the Foxbrough police station shirtless and high the week of a playoff game.

And a big game performer. Didn’t disappear down the stretch like Jones did.

Doesn’t hold a candle to what Chandler Jones was? GTFO. Just because he doesn’t put up sack numbers? News flash, sacks are a dumb statistic and BB doesn’t care about padding stack numbers.

we will soon see what BB values and how much he values TF. The expected 17-18 APY are right in line what Jones got from Arizona if you adjust to the 2019 cap. 

Let them all walk and sign Landon Collins. Cut Elandon Roberts, re-sign John Simon and Albert McClellan. Everyone else can go. Maybe after June 1st they'll trade Dont'a Hightower too.

And since Brown is leaving, the Pats can hold onto Thuney and extend him hopefully at a reasonable aalary for 3 years or so.

17 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Flowers is outclassed by Cardinals-Chandler Jones. But in NE the guy was oft-injured and tended to disappear late in the season. 

Flowers isn’t as talented an edge rusher but has largely been a better, more consistent player. Even if you want to take Chandler, it’s not by much.

35 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Flowers is outclassed by Cardinals-Chandler Jones. But in NE the guy was oft-injured and tended to disappear late in the season. 

Flowers isn’t as talented an edge rusher but has largely been a better, more consistent player. Even if you want to take Chandler, it’s not by much.

My entire point was, if Belichick didn't want to shell out the money for Chandler at ~16m AAV at the time, he sure as hell isn't going to do it for Flowers. Hell, I don't think Flowers is worth keeping at ~12m AAV. He's been a good consistent player with a hell of a clean slate. But he never showed a single glimpse of domination. And the fact that Belichick traded Chandler for a 2nd round pick actually speaks about how much he valued Chandler because he didn't just let him walk away.. Belichick simply doesn't go all in on pass rushers. He develops them...

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

My entire point was, if Belichick didn't want to shell out the money for Chandler at ~16m AAV at the time, he sure as hell isn't going to do it for Flowers. Hell, I don't think Flowers is worth keeping at ~12m AAV. He's been a good consistent player with a hell of a clean slate. But he never showed a single glimpse of domination. And the fact that Belichick traded Chandler for a 2nd round pick actually speaks about how much he valued Chandler because he didn't just let him walk away.. Belichick simply doesn't go all in on pass rushers. He develops them...

Shrug, that’s more a product than policy. Seems like Bill requires certain things from his edge guys (versatility, edge setting, intelligence, motor). You won’t typically find guys that have those skills + high end pass rushing, where NE tends to pick unless there are some red flags. If Von Miller was sitting at pick 32, Bill would have no issue drafting and subsequently paying for him. 

Anyway, yeah, I’m not comfortable with Flowers at that price tag either. But he’s very different from Chandler and so are their situations. They’re almost opposites in every way except for their hand usage and ability to sift inside.

Archived