Rebuilding the Patriots

Elky

On 1/6/2019 at 2:53 AM, DoleINGout said:

QB: Jalen Hurts (ALA)

Backfield: Ty Montgomery (BAL)

WR: Adam Humphries (TB)

TE: Nick Boyle (BAL), Tyler Eifert (CIN)

Front 7: Shaquil Barrett (DEN)

Additional FA Targets in Bold

QB: Teddy Bridgewater (NO), Josh Johnson (WAS), Nate Sudfeld (PHI)

RB/FB: Mark Ingram (NO), Corey Grant (JAC), Anthony Sherman (KC), Brandon Bolden (MIA)

WR: Golden Tate (PHI), Tyrell Williams (LAC), Devin Funchess (CAR), JD McKissic (SEA), Tim Patrick (DEN)

TE: Maxx Williams (BAL), Luke Stocker (TEN), Ricky Seals-Jones (ARI)

DL: Derrick Morgan (TEN), Margus Hunt (IND), Henry Anderson (NYJ), Al Woods (IND), Michael Pierce (BAL)

LB: Anthony Barr (MIN), CJ Mosley (BAL), Deone Bucannon (ARZ), Jordan Hicks (PHI), Za'Darious Smith (BAL)

DB: Lamarcus Joyner (LAR), Kareem Jackson (HOU), Kenny Vaccaro (TEN)

ST: Adam Vinatieri 🙏🏻 (IND), Robbie Gould (SF), Harrison Butker (KC), Aldrick Rosas (NYG), Jake Elliott (PHI)

Josh Rosen will be the future here, now that the Cardinals hired Brady's former backup Cliff Kingsbury to be the Cardinals head coach. Clifford is on record in October stating he would take Kyler Murray first overall without hesitation, and what do you know? Murray just declared for the draft and Cliff is picking first overall. Cue the Patriots, who had interest before the draft in Rosen. Expect a trade for Rosen to be consummated this off-season. The bigger longshot would be if the Pats could land Larry Firzgerald in the deal too.

31 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Josh Rosen will be the future here, now that the Cardinals hired Brady's former backup Cliff Kingsbury to be the Cardinals head coach. Clifford is on record in October stating he would take Kyler Murray first overall without hesitation, and what do you know? Murray just declared for the draft and Cliff is picking first overall. Cue the Patriots, who had interest before the draft in Rosen. Expect a trade for Rosen to be consummated this off-season. The bigger longshot would be if the Pats could land Larry Firzgerald in the deal too.

That's just coach talk; this came when Oklahoma was Texas Tech's next opponent.

A trade would be interesting; Rosen should come relatively cheap considering how bad he looked.

Edited by Elky

Now that Jalen Hurts is returning for his senior season and transferring out of Alabama, I'm sticking with this as my final off-season predictions: After the Patriots win the Super Bowl, Rob Gronkowski decides to retire. Tom Brady is indicating his desire to play on and Bill Belichick gives no indication that he is ready to leave. With this in mind, here is what I think the Patriots will do...

Let walk in FA: Chris Hogan, Jason McCourty, Danny Shelton, Malcolm Brown, LaAdrian Waddle, Jeremy Hill, Eric Rowe, John Simon, Ramon Humber, Josh Gordon*, Cody Hollister

Cut: Dwyane Allen

Franchise Tag: Stephen Gostkowski

QB: Josh Rosen (Trade/ARI)

RB: Corey Grant (UFA/JAC)

WR: Adam Humphries (UFA/TB), Cordarelle Patterson (re-sign), Philip Dorsett (re-sign)

TE: Nick Boyle (UFA/BAL)

OL: Trenton Brown (re-sign), Brian Schwenke (re-sign), Ulrich John (re-sign)

DL: Trey Flowers (re-sign), Tyson Alualu (UFA/PIT)

LB: Shaquil Barrett (UFA/DEN), Albert McClellen (re-sign)

DB: Jonathan Jones (RFA tender)

ST: Ryan Allen (re-sign)

Edited by DoleINGout

Okay - my vote now for QB would be to tank for Trevor in 2021. The guy has better mechanics than some NFL players and has a pro arm. If he gets a little more accurate (there are some bad throws) he'll be tearing up the NFL for years, and even probably if he doesn't.

8 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

Okay - my vote now for QB would be to tank for Trevor in 2021. The guy has better mechanics than some NFL players and has a pro arm. If he gets a little more accurate (there are some bad throws) he'll be tearing up the NFL for years, and even probably if he doesn't.

I can't see us tanking intentionally but if Brady is hanging it up after 2019 we have no QB and a roster with little talent that is aging. We could naturally be pretty awful in 2020. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 10:40 PM, Elky said:

I know making the playoffs is more important right now, but it couldn't hurt to start thinking of the direction the team needs to go for future success. As we all know, the team seems a bit stale right now and could use a bit of a tune up.

nuthin wrong in saying this at the time or reflecting on it now in hindsight me tinks @Deadpulse.