NFL Sunday Ticket vs Game Pass

JayWood2010

I am getting ready to get Sunday Ticket or Game Pass.  Last year I got Sunday Ticket, but in all honesty a lot of Eagles games are on CBS, FOX, or NBC making Sunday Ticket less used.  I was curious on everybody's thougths about Sunday Ticket vs Game Pass.  

5 hours ago, Phire said:

I think @TheRealMcCoy had one of these at one point, I could be wrong.

Yeah, I've had both.

You can watch all live games with Sunday Ticket, but its expensive. Unless you aren't a DirectTV customer yet, then you can get it free for the first year if you choose the Choice package or higher. I'm pretty sure you are locked in for 2 years though, so you would need to pay for Sunday Ticket the next year and DirectTV's prices just for the package you are in go up considerably after the first 12 months of the contract. It is $281.94 for the regular Sunday Ticket and $377.94 for the Sunday Ticket MAX which includes Red Zone.

GamePass isn't as expensive ($99) you can't watch games live. It is only available after the games are over. You have access to All-22 which is cool and can also access games from like the past 5 years.

My advice would be to just stream those handful of games that won't be available on the regular channels. 

Streaming has improved greatly over the years. The preseason broadcast for the Bills game that I streamed last week was great and honestly just as good as what I saw when I used the NFL GamePass free trial for the Packers the week before.

If you have fast internet and a good monitor, then you're set. 

You might already know this, but Reddit is a great resource to find quality streams. They have a sub-reddit called "NFLStreams" with all the games and you can just test out some of them and see which works best. Look for the ones with a higher Kbps if it says.

Hope this helps.

Archived