Update: Justin Fields transferring to Ohio State

naptownskinsfan

I'm probably a day behind posting this, but Fields has entered himself into the transfer portal, which allows him to talk to other schools about transferring to another program.  Fields played in more than four games, so he can't redshirt transfer and play immediately, as he played in most of our games either in specific packages or in mop-up duty.  I believe I saw it reported that Fields will investigate getting the waiver that would allow him to play immediately, however.  If he can secure that waiver, a lot of teams will be very interested in getting him on their roster.  

Currently, Fields has been practicing with Georgia in preparation for their bowl game, and plans to play in the Sugar Bowl.  

Does Fields end up transferring?  If so, what team do you think it is?

We were discussing this in the transfer thread yesterday.  Sounds like it will be either Oklahoma or Ohio State.  The Ohio State insiders seem fairly confident he is going there and Jalen Hurts ends up at Oklahoma, but it seems far from a sure thing.  His request for immediate eligibility seems pretty flimsy, but with how corrupt and backwards the NCAA is, i'd say he has at least a 50/50 shot he gets his way.

55 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

We were discussing this in the transfer thread yesterday.  Sounds like it will be either Oklahoma or Ohio State.  The Ohio State insiders seem fairly confident he is going there and Jalen Hurts ends up at Oklahoma, but it seems far from a sure thing.  His request for immediate eligibility seems pretty flimsy, but with how corrupt and backwards the NCAA is, i'd say he has at least a 50/50 shot he gets his way.

If he goes to tOSU I think Tate is done at tOSU and transfer. I feel like Fields wants to go some where that allows him to start. I can see him sitting a year or two behind Tate. If he comes to tOSU it’s prolly because Day said he most likely be the starter. Makes me feel bad or Tate cause I think he could be pretty good 

59 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

This is something I failed to think about. Day wants more a passing QB rather than a running QB for his offense, am I right? 

Exactly he doesn’t seem to mind a runner, but he’s definitely pass first. We’re going to be a passing offense. 

And it makes sense. We can recruit the best athletes so you should definitely take advantage of it 

5 hours ago, brownie man said:
6 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

This is something I failed to think about. Day wants more a passing QB rather than a running QB for his offense, am I right? 

Exactly he doesn’t seem to mind a runner, but he’s definitely pass first. We’re going to be a passing offense. 

And it makes sense. We can recruit the best athletes so you should definitely take advantage of it 

how so? Day spenr 2 years around Chip Kelly, know his scheme and the past 2 years with Urbz. The guy knows how to properly utilize a mobile QB. How do we know Day is truly a pass first?  Day seems like he runs/gears his offense to his talent. Having Tate or Fields would be huge because both guys can run and pass the ball

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

how so? Day spenr 2 years around Chip Kelly, know his scheme and the past 2 years with Urbz. The guy knows how to properly utilize a mobile QB. How do we know Day is truly a pass first?  Day seems like he runs/gears his offense to his talent. Having Tate or Fields would be huge because both guys can run and pass the ball

He just said in his press conference his first priority for his QB is the ability to throw. 

I think he’ll utilize a runner, but I believe based on everything he’s said his ideal offense is the one we just ran this season. 

Thats what I see the future of our offenses being 

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

He just said in his press conference his first priority for his QB is the ability to throw. 

I think he’ll utilize a runner, but I believe based on everything he’s said his ideal offense is the one we just ran this season. 

Thats what I see the future of our offenses being 

That be the case, he needs to greatly work on his running schemes. Rushing attack started to pick up once he had Haskin run it a little bit. 

Passing the ball should always been first priority, hard to win with a RB at QB. Just need a true dual threat like a Tate or Fields. Offense with JTB could have been extremely deadly if he could properly pass the ball

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Fields is heading to Ohio State-https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/reports-former-five-star-quarterback-justin-fields-transferring-to-ohio-state/

Huge pickup for them, and a potential big loss from Georgia as Fromm struggled in the bowl game and in the opinion of this Georgia fan, has yet to have a signature game. 

Archived