Update: Justin Fields transferring to Ohio State

naptownskinsfan

9 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

How do you know though, not a good take. What if he was brought up not to tolerate that type of behavior and became sour on the school? He probably is leaving for football related issues but to sweep what happened under the rug as if it isn't a significant factor for not wanting be at that university is flat out wrong.

I’m not by any means sweeping that under the rug. That was disgusting. I just think it’s obvious he’s transferring due to playing time outlook. 

25 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not by any means sweeping that under the rug. That was disgusting. I just think it’s obvious he’s transferring due to playing time outlook. 

Fields's family also sent Justin's sister to UGA after the incident. And it's not like Justin would have left the school because of it if he had the starting job.

The NCAA was way more lax with immediate eligibility for transfers in basketball, so even without the incident, it's possible that he could have been eligible. That being said, the NCAA probably doesn't want to engage too much here if Mars is going to fight them hard again, so it'll probably be granted. Georgia's probably not going to put up a fight either.

46 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Fields's family also sent Justin's sister to UGA after the incident. And it's not like Justin would have left the school because of it if he had the starting job.

The NCAA was way more lax with immediate eligibility for transfers in basketball, so even without the incident, it's possible that he could have been eligible. That being said, the NCAA probably doesn't want to engage too much here if Mars is going to fight them hard again, so it'll probably be granted. Georgia's probably not going to put up a fight either.

The stupid part of this is that he has to make a reason at all. How about "I'm just a regular student since you aren't paying me **** so it's none of your goddamn business why"

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The stupid part of this is that he has to make a reason at all. How about "I'm just a regular student since you aren't paying me **** so it's none of your goddamn business why"

manny diaz can change his mind after 17 days but god forbid a player transfer schools and want to play the next year

16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

manny diaz can change his mind after 17 days but god forbid a player transfer schools and want to play the next year

Remember 12 months ago when Scott Frost was an honorable guy for staying through the UCF bowl game before moving to greener pastures? Weird how in the same situation Fields is a quitter.

Well, to be fair, Fields signed a contract for 4 years. Oh wait, no he didn't but Frost did.

Uhhh....

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Remember 12 months ago when Scott Frost was an honorable guy for staying through the UCF bowl game before moving to greener pastures? Weird how in the same situation Fields is a quitter.

Well, to be fair, Fields signed a contract for 4 years. Oh wait, no he didn't but Frost did.

Uhhh....

Gotta love that I'm paying for UMass's coach even though he's no longer, you know, employed there since he has a contract.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Gotta love that I'm paying for UMass's coach even though he's no longer, you know, employed there since he has a contract.

You should probably find one time in his billion year history with UMass where he didn't show up on time or was hurt or didn't go 110% then anonymously leak it to the media right before you fire him so that everyone says he's a quitter who only cares about money. Then you can just void the guarantees on his contract because you wrote that in beforehand.

Oh...wait....

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

Knowing I am a mid-major school, I would rather my coach be fully invested in building our program up, instead of having the thought of his last job hanging in his head.  It also helps that Temple got $4 million out of the deal.  

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Knowing I am a mid-major school, I would rather my coach be fully invested in building our program up, instead of having the thought of his last job hanging in his head.  It also helps that Temple got $4 million out of the deal.  

i'm a miami fan lol i don't have a problem w/ what diaz did, just wanted to illustrate the ridiculousness of players not being able to control their own destinies

On 1/4/2019 at 7:26 PM, -Hope- said:

i'm a miami fan lol i don't have a problem w/ what diaz did, just wanted to illustrate the ridiculousness of players not being able to control their own destinies

Neither do I- again, I want a coach fully invested in my program, not thinking about leaving a job on the table.  It's also not Diaz's fault that Miami did Richt the way they did him and waited until he left to do it.  

But yes, it is ridiculous that players have to sit out a year and lose that eligibility when coaches can do this.  

• 1 month later...

Archived