Josh Gordon "Steps away from Football"

Deadpulse

12 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

If we don’t beat the crap out of Buffalo I’ll be very worried. This team is not great. We’re going to lose by 20 if we have to go to Arrowhead.

I think they are not great however I don't think KC or other teams are great either. These playoffs will be completely unpredictable imo.

2 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

And just like that the WR corps is back to "craptastic". Man it's almost as if dumping a 25 year old pro-bowl WR for whom you traded a 1st round pick is a bad idea.

Yea but we got more for him than what we gave up and he helped us to a SB berth. Hard to complain too much, but I see what you are saying. 

5 minutes ago, Elky said:

The WR corps is going to need a complete overhaul ala Baltimore. Edelman is going to be 33 in a contract year,Gronk is more than likely done and Hogan, Dorsett and C-Patt are all free agents.

Not a ton of FA options. Only ones worth a look IMO are Kearse and Tate

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Not a ton of FA options. Only ones worth a look IMO are Kearse and Tate

I can imagine Belichick will kick the tires on Tate. If there a time for Belichick to finally hit on a WR  in the draft (Edelman doesn't count), it's now.

4 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

May be because he wasn’t drafted as a WR to begin with. If it came down to giving the scouting department credit for finally finding a good WR I am not sure how much of it they really deserve. Ultimately he did turn into a good WR.

except that was always the plan. Do I need to pull the hype train threads from TC his rookie year?

9 minutes ago, Elky said:

Jules is ultimately an anomaly for us at drafting WRs; it's the one area Belichick just can't hit on.

This is a misconception. Ive done this argument. Ive compared the hit rate for other teams on WR's in the draft. This team has not been as bad at this as people think. Its just not common to hit of a perennial all pro WR. 

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This is a misconception. Ive done this argument. Ive compared the hit rate for other teams on WR's in the draft. This team has not been as bad at this as people think. Its just not common to hit of a perennial all pro WR. 

green bay, pittsburgh, chargers would like a word with you. and to a lesser extent, the giants, lions, and falcons as well. remember when we passed on calvin ridley?

Archived