Moretti's Mock 12/20

moretti19

I am going to assume we lose our next 2 games giving us the 6th pick in the draft along with the 32nd pick from the Saints.

Head Coach:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy should ask Charlie Weis to write a job description for the Green Bay Packers' coaching vacancy. "You’re looking for a guy who understands veteran quarterbacks, understands their egos, understands the involvement they want to have," said Weis, the former longtime college and NFL coach. And Weis knows someone who matches that job description: Josh McDaniels, the New England Patriots' offensive coordinator.

josh-mcdaniels.jpg

Not Resigned:

Clay

Kendricks,

Lewis,

Cobb, 

House, 

Resign

Breeland,

Wilkerson 

Tonyan,

Gilbert, 

McCray

Free Agents:

Shane Ray, OLB – The Broncos already have said that they will not be picking up Ray’s fifth-year option. The move became apparent when they used their first-round draft pick on linebacker Bradley Chubb.

USATSI_9664681_164063748_lowres-696x464.

Kevin White:

He still possesses loads of upside as an athletic player with good size at 6'3" and strong hands; all he needs is to find a way to stay on the field.

kevin-white-injured-season-over-bears.jp

Ameer Abdullah:

Personal and football character is considered off-the-charts by the scouting community.

ab6bf7bd-d947-4fdd-830a-18dbdfb61273-SI_

Draft:

Rd1 #6

Clemson_logo.gif Clelin Ferrell*, 3-4OLB, Clemson 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 265. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.77. 
Projected Round (2019): 1.

Ferrell has superb speed with athleticism and the ability to bend around the corner. He is very fast off the snap to get upfield and put quick pressure on the quarterback. Ferrell is more disruptive than his stat line indicates. In 2017, he totaled 66 tackles with 18 tackles for a loss, 9.5 sacks, one pass batted and two forced fumbles. In 2016, Ferrell had an impressive redshirt freshman season for the Tigers as he totaled 44 tackles with 12.5 tackles for a loss, six sacks and two passes batted

hqdefault.jpg

RD1 #32

Alabama_logo.gif Raekwon Davis*, DT, Alabama 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 316. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.17. 
Projected Round (2019): Top-25. 

12/15/18: Davis has 52 tackles with 4.5 for a loss and .5 sacks on the season. For the NFL, he projects as a nose tackle in a 3-4 or 4-3, although he could also play five-technique end in a 3-4 defense. His lateral anchor is rare and truly phenomenal. Teams just can't move him at all in the ground game. Davis' lower and upper body strength gives him a rare ability to handle bump blocks and double teams without giving up any movement in the ground game. Davis has not produced the big sack total that he did last year, but team sources say they still feel that Davis is worthy of going as a top-20 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Raekwon+Davis+CFP+National+Championship+

RD2

Oklahoma_logo.gif Cody Ford, G, Oklahoma 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 335. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.28. 
Projected Round (2019): 1-2. 

12/8/18: Ford is the starting right tackle for the Sooners, but sources say that he projects to being a guard in the NFL. He is thick blocker with good bulk for the next level. Scouts who have been through Oklahoma say that Ford is an outstanding athlete for his size. He is playing right tackle now, but as a pro, they think he will project well as a guard. Some evaluators think Ford could be a late first-round or second round-pick in the 2019 NFL Draft

5bd4f98a7ab55.image.jpg?resize=400,266

Rd3:

Delaware_logo.gif Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 197. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-4. 

12/8/18: Adderley totaled 86 tackles, four interceptions, seven passes broken up and a forced fumble in 2018. Team sources have been impressed with Adderley and believe he could go on the second day of the 2019 NFL Draft. 

8/29/18: According to NFL team's preseason data, Adderley checks in at 5-foot-11, 197-pounds and runs the 40-yard dash in 4.50 seconds. He has 30-inch arms, nine-inch hands, and a wingspan of 75.25 inches. 

Adderley had a big 2017 season with impressive production for Delaware. The junior recorded five interceptions with 78 tackles, two forced fumbles and three passes broken up for the year. Over the previous two seasons, Adderley totaled 12 breakups with 100 tackles and two interceptions. Impressing at an all-star game will be important for him.

636294240097306753-111916-ud-v-villanova

RD4:

SouthernUtah_logo.gif Logan Parker, TE, Southern Utah 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 253. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.75. 
Projected Round (2019): 3-5. 

12/1/18: Parker totaled 20 receptions for 241 yards and a touchdown in 2018. 

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Parker checks in at 6-foot-5, 260 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in a quick 4.70 seconds. His measurements include 32-inch arms, 9.5-inch hands, and a 77.88-inch wing span. 

636714501260705932-CC-0901-FBU-SUU-NAU-6

RD 4 Redskins

Miami_logo.gif Jaquan Johnson, S, Miami 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 190. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.55. 

12/8/18: So far in 2018, Johnson has 79 tackles, one pass broken up and one interception. Sources like Johnson as a player, but his size is hurting his grade from scouts. 

8/29/18: According to NFL team's preseason data, Johnson checks in at 5-foot-10, 190-pounds and runs the 40-yard dash in 4.55 seconds. He has 29.63-inch arms, 8.13-nch hands, and a wingspan of 70.88 inches. 

The Hurricanes reestablished themselves as a team to be reckoned with in 2017, and their turnover chain became a media sensation. The player who sported that chain most often for the Hurricanes was Johnson, who totaled four interceptions and three forced fumbles on the year. The junior also was a solid run defender with 96 tackles. Johnson showed big improvement over his sophomore year, during which he had 38 tackles and two breakups with an interception. If Johnson were bigger, he would be rated higher.
maxresdefault.jpg

Rd5:

SouthCarolina_logo.gif Dennis Daley, OT, South Carolina 

Height: 6-6. Weight: 324. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.20. 

12/9/18: Daley is a Georgia Military College transfer who ended up becoming a solid player for the Gamecocks. After a strong senior season, Daley has earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl, and in the 2019 NFL Draft's weak offensive line class, he could rise. The 6-foot-6, 324-pounder has good size to him and started two straight seasons for South Carolina. Team sources tell me that Daley could be a mid-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Daley_180908_JB_173.jpg

RD6:

TexasAM_logo.gif Daylon Mack, DT, Texas A&M 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 335. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.40. 
Projected Round (2019): 5-7. 

12/15/18: In 2018, Mack has 29 tackles with 5.5 sacks with 9.5 tackles for a loss and one pass broken up. He could be a backup nose tackle at the next level. 

Mack notched just 25 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 2016, but he played better than the numbers illustrate. Mack was a disruptive force on the interior of the defensive line as a freshman in 2015. He totaled 32 tackles with 9.5 for a loss on the season, but also was a bigger presence than the numbers indicate.

3942810.jpg

RD7:

Utah_logo.gif Matt Gay, K, Utah 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 220. 
Projected Round (2019): 5-7. 

11/24/18: Gay is 23-of-27 thus far in 2018 with a long of 55 yards. 

8/30/18: Gay was very accurate for Utah in 2017, connecting on 88 percent of his field goals (30-of-34). He had a long field goal of 56 yards, which he made twice. Gay also had field goals of 53 and 50 yards. He missed twice in the 40-yard range

700474255.jpg

I like the positions for the players.......Not sure on Abdulla aren't concussions his issue if they are I'd look for another kid in FA market that can make sense for him. I think we could spend a bit more in FA also with the cash that is leaving.

Top part of the draft though would be excellent.

3 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

I like the positions for the players.......Not sure on Abdulla aren't concussions his issue if they are I'd look for another kid in FA market that can make sense for him. I think we could spend a bit more in FA also with the cash that is leaving.

Top part of the draft though would be excellent.

Thank you! I think Abdullah if medically cleared would thrive in a shotgun type offense like we run. If White is healthy he could be a legit WR2.

I don't like this offseason.

All the swings in FA seem like clinging onto 4 year old draft guides trash to treasure plays.... Ray is nothing more than a backup... White, come on, chicago paid 2 guys last year because he is a bust. Abdullah got cut from the Lions...AR would cry.

I'm okay with the draft. I get Ferrell. I'd rather get more of a pure speed edge (Polite). In this hypothetical scenario we'd have too much of the same (Perry, Ray, Ferrell). Big/not + speed rushers.

I like Davis, but we don't really need a DE (Clark, Daniels, Lowry, Adams). There are only 5-6 roster spots for DL in a 3 man front, so we are really almost filled out.

Cool with the G/S in 2/3. I'd rather see a S in FA (cheap in today's market) and grab a WR here with more pedigree than what we have

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I don't like this offseason.

All the swings in FA seem like clinging onto 4 year old draft guides trash to treasure plays.... Ray is nothing more than a backup... White, come on, chicago paid 2 guys last year because he is a bust. Abdullah got cut from the Lions...AR would cry.

I'm okay with the draft. I get Ferrell. I'd rather get more of a pure speed edge (Polite). In this hypothetical scenario we'd have too much of the same (Perry, Ray, Ferrell). Big/not + speed rushers.

I like Davis, but we don't really need a DE (Clark, Daniels, Lowry, Adams). There are only 5-6 roster spots for DL in a 3 man front, so we are really almost filled out.

Cool with the G/S in 2/3. I'd rather see a S in FA (cheap in today's market) and grab a WR here with more pedigree than what we have

I see where you are coming from on the off-season but what top free agent do you think realistically is coming here?

If White is healthy he could be a very good receiver. Abdullah in a shotgun set could be very good. Ray Is a good piece to have and has talent to rush.

- Ferrel has very good first step and can bend the corner.

- Look at the amount of snaps our D-line guys are playing, we need a good rotation Davis can play nose or 5tech. 

36 minutes ago, jleisher said:

I like the new thoughts on free agents and the draft, gives us something to think about.  McDaniels could be that guy.  Nice job!  How's Grad school going?

Thank you! For the free agents I was trying to go after low cost high reward type of guys. The Patriots have made a history of this.

Really like the 2 safety's, both are smaller types but are ball hawks and tackle well.

Grad School is going good, only 3 classes left. , 

1 hour ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Like the draft but White will never be a WR2. Health is not the issue anymore it the fact that he was an extremely athletically gifted player but never understood the importance of running a route tree.

Same can be said of Cordall Patterson ( probably butchered his name) but the Patriots are getting him the ball and allowing him to be an athlete. 

Interesting read.  I like the draft, it all starts in the trenches and you've addressed both lines nicely.  Not sure I would double up at safety, maybe look at bringing in a veteran to shore things up.  Very plausible scenarios with the free agent signings as well.  Nice work.

27 minutes ago, Apex said:

Interesting read.  I like the draft, it all starts in the trenches and you've addressed both lines nicely.  Not sure I would double up at safety, maybe look at bringing in a veteran to shore things up.  Very plausible scenarios with the free agent signings as well.  Nice work.

Thank you! You should watch those 2 safetys if you get a chance, would add speed and ball skills which are badly needed.

I'm good with all of this except: no thanks to Kevin White and want my TE to be taller than 6'2. I'd be fine with a TE there, we absolutely need to draft one, but not a guy 6'2. 

EDIT: one other nitpicking thing. I don't see us getting up to the 6th slot in the draft even if we lose both remaining games. 

Kevin White can't run a route.  Never did in college either.  Rodgers would never throw him the ball.  Not a fan of that move at any price.

I'm meh on the RB...worth a flier.

McDaniels...okay, he's a candidate, that's fine.

I like Ray as an EDGE, second or even third tier kid with upside.  I dig it.

I'm not going to pretend to know all the prospects in this mock draft...but I've looked at the first three.  And I cannot argue against them.  I love Ferrell.  He's mean and fights well with his hands.  Davis?  Dig the frame and he's a nice enough athlete.  Cody..mauler at guard.  

Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

Archived