Moretti's Mock 12/20

moretti19

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

The point of my Lawrence reference was I'm not calling for a pro bowl in prime signing. With that said, Hunter got 14 a year. I don't think Lawrence is going to get drastically more. He'll get in the 14-17M range depending on the guarantees. He's good, but not a Mack 22-23M.

Danielle Hunter also signed that deal when he was still under contract with the Vikings and coming off a 7 sack season.  He's on pace to have a 10 sack season.  He'll probably get at least $18M/year.  Oliver Vernon got 5 years, $85M coming off a 7.5 sack season back in 2015.  He will get at least that if not more.

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Danielle Hunter, the Vikings young stud DE. He got 5 years 72M 40M guaranteed, so 14.4 per year before the season. On the Hunter to Mack scale, he is more Hunter. Maybe he gets 17-20. It doesn't really matter. The point again was though, I don't think/expect us to sign a top tier in prime FA.

Out of the 3 guys the OP had signing, I like Ray the most, since he isn't complete damaged goods (like White and Abdullah). He's still a bust and hasn't shown anything to get excited about. You are hoping to at best get a 2017 Dion Jordon season from him.

Go check the deal Olivier Vernon got a few years ago from the Giants.  Lawrence is coming off a better season.  FA pass rushers get overpaid significantly.  Hunter signed a team-friendly deal.

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Go check the deal Olivier Vernon got a few years ago from the Giants.  Lawrence is coming off a better season.  FA pass rushers get overpaid significantly.  Hunter signed a team-friendly deal.

The point of my post on Lawrence (which I had explained) was I wasn’t expecting a top end in prime signing. Whatever the top dollar  figure,  15-20 mil, doesn’t matter.

14 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

The point of my post on Lawrence (which I had explained) was I wasn’t expecting a top end in prime signing. Whatever the top dollar  figure,  15-20 mil, doesn’t matter.

I would honestly have Lawrence as the number 1 free agent ahead of Clowney. I bet he gets more than 19 mil per year. 

18 hours ago, moretti19 said:

I agree I think the offense needs a makeover with talent. I just honestly don’t see first round receivers in this draft that fit what Rogers likes. These are bigger contested catching guys where I think Rogers prefers guys that create separation. I would 100% be on board drafting a offensive lineman with either first. I am all about the trenches and believe that’s where games are always won.

That’s fair. I do really like AJ brown (who I’ve seen going recently 18-early second) at the end of the 1st for a wr that would really work for us. Hopefully NO loses in the divisional round.... with that said I’m definitely down with an OL. Definitely important.

Archived