Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

1 hour ago, snackattack said:

why do people want to shut rodgers down for the year?  or why do people think that philbin wants to shut him down for the year?  i'm 100% against sending the message that rodgers is above the rest of the guys in terms of whose health gets risked the next two weeks.

We want to shut him down so he doesn't tear an ACL or break a collarbone or do anything that might endanger next season.

I don't think many people believe Philbin wants him shut down. Philin is auditioning for a HC job somewhere so he wants the best players on the field regardless of if it's good for the future of the franchise.

Sure it's not ideal to have to 'quit' at this point in the season, but if you sell it right it shouldn't be that big a deal. It's not too hard to understand there is nothing to play for if you can't make the playoffs. Sit and IR the vets and important players. Let young guys and bubble guys put out some NFL film as an audition for next year whether on the Packers or another team. They should appreciate the opportunity. Rodgers IS above the rest of the guys on the team, like it or not. He's paid $30m/yr for what he does and there isn't a player, coach, or groundcrew in 1265 that doesn't know that already.

58 minutes ago, Acrid Josher said:

We want to shut him down so he doesn't tear an ACL or break a collarbone or do anything that might endanger next season.

I don't think many people believe Philbin wants him shut down. Philin is auditioning for a HC job somewhere so he wants the best players on the field regardless of if it's good for the future of the franchise.

Sure it's not ideal to have to 'quit' at this point in the season, but if you sell it right it shouldn't be that big a deal. It's not too hard to understand there is nothing to play for if you can't make the playoffs. Sit and IR the vets and important players. Let young guys and bubble guys put out some NFL film as an audition for next year whether on the Packers or another team. They should appreciate the opportunity. Rodgers IS above the rest of the guys on the team, like it or not. He's paid $30m/yr for what he does and there isn't a player, coach, or groundcrew in 1265 that doesn't know that already.

Think Rodgers will start the game but not sure he will finish it.  Time to see some younger players do their thing to see what they have to offer.

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

I believe that Gute wishes he could hire his own guy and not have to collaborate with Murphy.

I'm sure Gute (and perhaps others) are intrinsically involved in the process. One of Murphy's goals with the reorganization was to breakdown the "communication walls" that had developed under TT. I see no reason to think he's rebuilding them.

Aaron's recent comments about developing chemistry with his young receivers made me believe that a) he is still the tail wagging the dog; and b) he will play the whole game.

At this point I can only hope that he accomplishes b) for the good of the team. If we win, okay. yay

1 hour ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Aaron's recent comments about developing chemistry with his young receivers made me believe that a) he is still the tail wagging the dog; and b) he will play the whole game.

At this point I can only hope that he accomplishes b) for the good of the team. If we win, okay. yay

I know a lot of us wouldn't mind if AR sat the rest of the season out so he doesn't get hurt but he does need to work with the young guys at game speed so him playing is a good thing.  If the game gets out of hand one way or another I hope Philbin puts Kizer in so he can get work in too.

He can work with the young guys at training camp and offseason workouts. Winning doesn't help us at all and potentially putting your QB in danger for the next year doesn't help us either. Could give a crap less about "Winning Culture" right now. The new coach is going to bring their own culture anyways. 

The whole finding chemistry with WRs excuse is BS.

The new headcoach/coordinator is going to bring in a brand new offensive system and everybody including Rodgers and the WR group will be starting from scratch anyway. Whatever chemistry they are trying to establish over the next couple of games is ultimately meaningless.

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

The new headcoach/coordinator is going to bring in a brand new offensive system and everybody including Rodgers and the WR group will be starting from scratch anyway. Whatever chemistry they are trying to establish over the next couple of games is ultimately meaningless.

All schemes still have the same routes and a lot of similar concepts. It is not meaningless

12 minutes ago, Chili said:

Rodgers and all QBs get significant say in the scheme. What routes and concepts he likes will be a part of the new scheme. 

Also, all schemes use a lot of the same concepts. There are only so many cover 2 beaters being run out there.

I think Davante needs to take one for the team and tip every single pass in his direction directly into the hands of the defenders so that Rodgers will have to throw to someone else for the rest of the year. 

This year has made me dislike Rodgers more than I ever have before. 

MVS was on pace for the best rookie WR season Aaron has ever had, and then he flat out stopped throwing to him. 

MVS has 61 receiving yards in the past 5 games. 

We are 1-4 in those games.

In the 6 games before that stretch of 5 games, MVS had 399 receiving yards.  We were 3-3 during that stretch. 

MVS probably did something wrong in the Miami game and he's had 7 catches in 5 games since then. 

We have a legit monster receiving option who is faster than most of those tiny slot guys who have a lot of success and Rodgers flat out isn't throwing to him.

I was hoping for Kizer to start one of these last two games not to tank, but to throw the got damn ball to MVS.  I guarantee right now that if Kizer was to start a full game, MVS would probably actually be given a shot to catch an effing ball. 

Archived