Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think Davante needs to take one for the team and tip every single pass in his direction directly into the hands of the defenders so that Rodgers will have to throw to someone else for the rest of the year. 

This year has made me dislike Rodgers more than I ever have before. 

MVS was on pace for the best rookie WR season Aaron has ever had, and then he flat out stopped throwing to him. 

MVS has 61 receiving yards in the past 5 games. 

We are 1-4 in those games.

In the 6 games before that stretch of 5 games, MVS had 399 receiving yards.  We were 3-3 during that stretch. 

MVS probably did something wrong in the Miami game and he's had 7 catches in 5 games since then. 

We have a legit monster receiving option who is faster than most of those tiny slot guys who have a lot of success and Rodgers flat out isn't throwing to him.

I was hoping for Kizer to start one of these last two games not to tank, but to throw the got damn ball to MVS.  I guarantee right now that if Kizer was to start a full game, MVS would probably actually be given a shot to catch an effing ball. 

I can't say that i would have ever expected to see anyone point our records based off MVS:)

Some merit to your thoughts OP but the last couple games Cobb had been back that hurt MVS. Still not sure with the promise he was showing why he wasn't being used. Just like ESB they are big and pretty fast get the ball in their hands and let them work a bit.

Just now, PACKRULE said:

I can't say that i would have ever expected to see anyone point our records based off MVS:)

Some merit to your thoughts OP but the last couple games Cobb had been back that hurt MVS. Still not sure with the promise he was showing why he wasn't being used. Just like ESB they are big and pretty fast get the ball in their hands and let them work a bit.

It's just so frustrating.  We've got these unbelievably promising young receivers, we're out of playoff contention, we've got nothing left to play for and Rodgers is probably gonna **** around trying to keep his TD:INT ratio up instead of giving them a chance to grow. 

If MVS/ESB don't get at least 10 targets each over these next two games, I will dislike Rodgers even more. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It's just so frustrating.  We've got these unbelievably promising young receivers, we're out of playoff contention, we've got nothing left to play for and Rodgers is probably gonna **** around trying to keep his TD:INT ratio up instead of giving them a chance to grow. 

If MVS/ESB don't get at least 10 targets each over these next two games, I will dislike Rodgers even more. 

Well yeah of course he will! I wonder if he can get Adams to over 120 catches:) that would be quite awesome and get him to 15 TD's. No one is talking about it Adams sits 4th in Packer history with 100 catches for what i can find. Sharpe has 112 and 108 respectively and Brooks has 102 so Adams has a chance to break the catch record the Pack this year. TD's will be tough he's got to get to Sharpe at 18 and Hutson at 17.

Lets see if we can get some records for Adams and still finish lower then the Jets in the standings:)

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I was hoping for Kizer to start one of these last two games not to tank, but to throw the got damn ball to MVS.  I guarantee right now that if Kizer was to start a full game, MVS would probably actually be given a shot to catch an effing ball. 

Cherry picked your post...apologies in advance.

Kizer worked with and threw to ESB in college at Notre Dame.  Perhaps MVS gets balls from Kizer.  I believe, strongly, that ESB would get touches as well.  Familiarity.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Rodgers is likely focused helping his buddy Davante Adams set team records in catches and yards.

Focused...absolutely.

That and Adams wins his routes...sometimes quickly.  

I'm taking nothing away from ESB/MVS, but Adams is something special.  I hope he gets the record.

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Focused...absolutely.

That and Adams wins his routes...sometimes quickly.  

I'm taking nothing away from ESB/MVS, but Adams is something special.  I hope he gets the record.

Yep at this point there is no harm in working Adams for a few personal bests and or records. He is having a brilliant season. Go Adams.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:57 AM, PACKRULE said:

Well yeah of course he will! I wonder if he can get Adams to over 120 catches:) that would be quite awesome and get him to 15 TD's. No one is talking about it Adams sits 4th in Packer history with 100 catches for what i can find. Sharpe has 112 and 108 respectively and Brooks has 102 so Adams has a chance to break the catch record the Pack this year. TD's will be tough he's got to get to Sharpe at 18 and Hutson at 17.

Lets see if we can get some records for Adams and still finish lower then the Jets in the standings:)

I'd rather he not break records in a meaningless season. Records that come from memorable seasons are cooler.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:52 PM, snackattack said:

why do people want to shut rodgers down for the year?  or why do people think that philbin wants to shut him down for the year?  i'm 100% against sending the message that rodgers is above the rest of the guys in terms of whose health gets risked the next two weeks.

It's not just the 30 million $ man , sit all the vets that you plan to bring back next year. Clear the bench and practic squad. See who is worth keeping for training camp and where the need is for Free agentcy and the Draft. This season is over, time to plan for 2019. 

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'd rather he not break records in a meaningless season. Records that come from memorable seasons are cooler.

Totally agree but I’m thinking from a players perspective. Especially if they have any incentives tied to the stats. From a fan perspective it’s a tiny silver lining and yep tiny. I need some reason to watch today. Well that and to find out all our new practice squad call ups. 

If we win this game, it damn well better be at the hands of our rookies and youth rather than our veterans. 

I do NOT want to see Davante go for like 130 yards and two touchdowns and have it be a Rodgers/Adams exhibit with two sacks from Matthews and 75 receiving yards from Cobb. 

If we win, I want Jaire to have a pick six, I want Josh Jones to play the best game of his career, I want Josh Jackson to be somewhere close to his man. 

A win for our veterans means nothing.  I don't even want Rodgers playing not to preserve his health (not that i want him to get hurt or anything), I just don't want him padding his stats to make this season look like a good one for him. 

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If we win this game, it damn well better be at the hands of our rookies and youth rather than our veterans. 

I do NOT want to see Davante go for like 130 yards and two touchdowns and have it be a Rodgers/Adams exhibit with two sacks from Matthews and 75 receiving yards from Cobb. 

If we win, I want Jaire to have a pick six, I want Josh Jones to play the best game of his career, I want Josh Jackson to be somewhere close to his man. 

A win for our veterans means nothing.  I don't even want Rodgers playing not to preserve his health (not that i want him to get hurt or anything), I just don't want him padding his stats to make this season look like a good one for him. 

You can wrap up a win in any pretty wrapping paper you can come up with. At the end of the day, a win is the worst present you could ever ask for or receive. 

With any luck, Rodgers' groin acts up by halftime and its Kizer time. 

Go Jets Go

So how are people watching this ? Rooting for Packers ?   Guess when it comes down to it, if we play well and win well I'll probably be pleased.  But I'd be far more pleased if we lose by a point after a couple of players who aren't going to be here next year turn the ball over or something. Not going to lie, a (very very) minor injury that takes Aaron out of the game on the first play would also make me happy.

If someone like Bakhtieri ruins their knee or something there is going to be a lot of people very annoyed.

Archived