Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Hence why I wish I could say them and didn't. You think cause I'm a mod I'm not going to call out someone for being pissed the Packers won?

No, but I don't expect mods to be actively attacking board members either.  Then there's the whole Cam Netwon is a total loser thing.

3 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

What would a win vs the Jets accomplish?

Avoid not losing every stinkin' road game sine that infamous Scooter McLean team in 1958.  The stupid announcers today kept harping on that during the game too.   :S

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

So glad I grew up in an era where tanking and participation trophies wasn't a way of life

As always any time anybody mentions participation trophies, no kid ever gave a **** about them. They were always for uncommitted parents to feel like their kid was successful even when they sucked. No 6 year old had the adminstrative power to make participation trophies a thing. That was 40 year old parents.

19 minutes ago, th87 said:

Yes, there are things such as statistical outliers in life.  To rely on them occurring isn't wise though.

Statistics only apply if players are drafted randomly. Some teams will make bad decisions. Some teams will make good decisions. But that's not randomness. They are basing their decisions on the best information available to them. Gute has shown he knows how to play the draft board. We'll be fine.

3 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

Is it wrong for me to be mad when the Pack celebrate a TD? Like you are 5-8-1. What do you have to celebrate. You should be disgusted like the rest of the fans. 

I wasn't disgusted.  A lot of the guys are actually playing for THEIR future.  They have to put good stuff on film for the new coaching staff and show they aren't quitters.  This hasn't been a fun season so I don't blame them for enjoying a win.  They don't give a rat's tail about the draft.

Just now, Pugger said:

I wasn't disgusted.  A lot of the guys are actually playing for THEIR future.  They have to put good stuff on film for the new coaching staff and show they aren't quitters.  This hasn't been a fun season so I don't blame them for enjoying a win.  They don't give a rat's tail about the draft.

No one should be mad at the players for trying. They should be mad at Gute and Murphy for allowing nicked up guys to play.

This game really turned around when Leonard Williams was ejected. After that Rodgers got comfortable in the pocket and picked apart the Jets secondary. Reinforces the idea that we need to upgrade the interior O-line. Using that 4th round pick we got for HaHa on a guard prospect would be a good idea. Right now the only guard with some potential might be Patrick. Siragusa is intriguing, but unknown. Let Rodgers step up into the pocket and good things will happen.

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why is Cam a loser? Man already made it to one Superbowl. The idea that Cam Newton is somehow more or less of a player this week than he was last week is nonsensical.

No Cam was a loser before last week. Guy isn't a leader, and he'll always give in when things are tough.

He's 6'5 250 pound, extra mobile, Jay Cutler.

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why is Cam a loser? Man already made it to one Superbowl. The idea that Cam Newton is somehow more or less of a player this week than he was last week is nonsensical.

Man made it to the SB throwing the ball to Ted Ginn Jr and bunch of scrubs.

Archived