Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

No Cam was a loser before last week. Guy isn't a leader, and he'll always give in when things are tough.

He's 6'5 250 pound, extra mobile, Jay Cutler.

Cam Newton gets hit more than any other QB in the league. Cam's teammates love him. Cam works his *** off.

Not being an elite passer doesn't make him a loser. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

This game really turned around when Leonard Williams was ejected. After that Rodgers got comfortable in the pocket and picked apart the Jets secondary. Reinforces the idea that we need to upgrade the interior O-line. Using that 4th round pick we got for HaHa on a guard prospect would be a good idea. Right now the only guard with some potential might be Patrick. Siragusa is intriguing, but unknown. Let Rodgers step up into the pocket and good things will happen.

The good thing about guards is that you can find them many different ways.  Looking at the rotation this season, I would like some new blood in that group though, for sure.

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No one should be mad at the players for trying. They should be mad at Gute and Murphy for allowing nicked up guys to play.

Openly tanking is not something that has made it to the NFL. Gute has IRd guys and poached practice squads for next year's camp. He's done a great job. Openly giving up in the NFL is a bad look, as much as I wanted him to IR Rodgers that probably does more harm in that locker room that the difference between pick 7 and 15 does good.

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Hence why I wish I could say them and didn't. You think cause I'm a mod I'm not going to call out someone for being pissed the Packers won?

You badly wanted the Packers to lose today for draft positioning. Yet, you can't understand why people are pissed we won??! WUT??! You make no sense. I wish I could say to you what I think about YOU. HOW BOW DAH??! xD

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cam Newton gets hit more than any other QB in the league. Cam's teammates love him. Cam works his *** off.

Not being an elite passer doesn't make him a loser. 

Agree to disagree man. You could say the same things about Cutler. Still when the going get tough, they retreat to the sideline, put that towel over their head, pout and then avoid the media after the game. He's not what I would ever want in a franchise QB.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Openly tanking is not something that has made it to the NFL. Gute has IRd guys and poached practice squads for next year's camp. He's done a great job. Openly giving up in the NFL is a bad look, as much as I wanted him to IR Rodgers that probably does more harm in that locker room that the difference between pick 7 and 15 does good.

Not doing what's best for the team in the long run because it "looks bad" is moronic. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not doing what's best for the team in the long run because it "looks bad" is moronic. 

Did you read the second part of my statement? Pretty clearly state I'm not sure giving it is what's best.

What does it look like to Bahk, Adams, Martinez, etc if the FO benches Rodgers and forces them out there to get their ***** kicked? Why should I go into the offseason and bust mine for that?

Those players are way more important than the pick. The best case scenario, and one I would've preferred is that you play your guys and get outplayed. That didn't happen, the offense played too well.

You don't just flat out quit on your team. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Agree to disagree man. You could say the same things about Cutler. Still when the going get tough, they retreat to the sideline, put that towel over their head, pout and then avoid the media after the game. He's not what I would ever want in a franchise QB.

If Baker Mayfield did the towel on his head thing, it would be talked about as a great idea as a way to refocus himself for the next drive and block out any distractions. 

Where does this idea of Cam pouting on the field come from? I'll say this for Cam, he's never run a shadow campaign to get his coach fired. He's never put this own stats ahead of the team.

Is that the kind of leadership you want out of a franchise QB?

They're football players, not role models.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Did you read the second part of my statement? Pretty clearly state I'm not sure giving it is what's best.

What does it look like to Bahk, Adams, Martinez, etc if the FO benches Rodgers and forces them out there to get their ***** kicked? Why should I go into the offseason and bust mine for that?

Those players are way more important than the pick. The best case scenario, and one I would've preferred is that you play your guys and get outplayed. That didn't happen, the offense played too well.

You don't just flat out quit on your team. 

They shouldn't be playing either!!!!!

We did it last year and it didn't affect those guys' development. Both had arguably their best season this year.

Tanking doesn't affect your next season except for having more talent next year.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We did it last year and it didn't affect those guys' development. Both had arguably their best season this year.

Tanking doesn't affect your next season except for having more talent next year.

Boom. 

I’ve got no problem with GB winning today.  I live far, far from Wisconsin and watched the game today in a bar with a great group of displaced Packer fans like me.  It was a very entertaining game to watch, and we rejoiced together at the heart this team showed today.  Rodgers seemed to find that will to win, and to me that’s a good sign.

I’m not going to get hung up on draft position at this point.  I can already see the pain some of you will go through on draft day when a team with a slightly worse record than GB steals “your” guy because the Packers didn’t tank the last couple of games.  Screw it - I’d rather have these moments today than worry about the “what if’s” on draft day.  If Gute and company really want a guy that badly, they’ll find a way to get him.

10 minutes ago, Slinky said:

You badly wanted the Packers to lose today for draft positioning. Yet, you can't understand why people are pissed we won??! WUT??! You make no sense. I wish I could say to you what I think about YOU. HOW BOW DAH??! xD

I want a response Ray Ray. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why are the Giants playing Eli? Why are the Falcons playing Matt Ryan? Why is David Johnson still playing for Arizona? Why is Stafford playing in Detroit? Hardcore open tanking does not exist in the NFL. This isn't the NBA.

Maybe it's time the NFL went to a draft lottery like the NBA. Then we wouldn't be having this ridiculous argument about tanking. Yes, ridiculous. NFL players seem to have a tremendous amount of pride. They're never going to tank for better draft position. Only fans are that crazy. 

Archived