Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Why are the Giants playing Eli? Why are the Falcons playing Matt Ryan? Why is David Johnson still playing for Arizona? Why is Stafford playing in Detroit? Hardcore open tanking does not exist in the NFL. This isn't the NBA.

And it should exist in the NFL. 

That organizations are too dumb to see that doesn't change that fact.

I want us to be smarter than the dumbest organizations in the league.

Jamaal Williams had a nice game. Is this his best as a pro? I am comfortable with Jones-Williams tandem moving forward.  Now we have to find a guy that is content with being a third RB and not playing very much.

MVS and ESB looked pretty good.  I hope they can have similar success next week against the Lions.  I think two good weeks in a row for them going into the offseason would be a very good building block for next season.

I am actually warming up to the idea of Lance Kedricks.  He seems to be dropping fewer balls this season, and isn't a total ghost when blocking.  If he is still a FA after the draft, and we don't add another TE, I would like Kendricks back for 2019.

I wasn't very impressed with the defense at all.  Tony Brown always seems to be close, I am very interested to see his second year jump.  Tyler Lancaster is also holding up pretty well considering he is the 6th choice DL and an UDFA.

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Maybe it's time the NFL went to a draft lottery like the NBA. Then we wouldn't be having this ridiculous argument about tanking. Yes, ridiculous. NFL players seem to have a tremendous amount of pride. They're never going to tank for better draft position. Only fans are that crazy. 

No one is asking the players to not try their best. Management needs to take the elite guys off the field.

And even if there was a lottery, it would still be the right decision to try and lose every game after you are eliminated.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And it should exist in the NFL. 

That organizations are too dumb to see that doesn't change that fact.

I want us to be smarter than the dumbest organizations in the league.

It's a full on contact sport where playing less talented players leaves the other players on the field more susceptible to injury. You also have more escalators in football players contracts that you will take away their opportunity for bigger paydays by benching them. Logistically tanking just doesn't work as well in the NFL. As much as I would love the higher draft pick. You honestly think shoe on the other foot that if the Steelers or Patriots were in our position they would be benching a healthy Brady or Ben?

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No one is asking the players to not try their best. Management needs to take the elite guys off the field.

And even if there was a lottery, it would still be the right decision to try and lose every game after you are eliminated.

I don’t watch football for my team to tank or to position themselves for a better draft pick.  I watch for entertainment , and for the comraderie that weekend games bring to fellow Packer fans.  Winning today will not alter the course of the future for GB as an organization.  Don’t get caught up in the woulda coulda shoulda bull****.  Just don’t.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a full on contact sport where playing less talented players leaves the other players on the field more susceptible to injury. You also have more escalators in football players contracts that you will take away their opportunity for bigger paydays by benching them. Logistically tanking just doesn't work as well in the NFL. As much as I would love the higher draft pick. You honestly think shoe on the other foot that if the Steelers or Patriots were in our position they would be benching a healthy Brady or Ben?

Tom Brady would have been sitting on a beach drinking whatever lame *** cucumber drinks he drinks the day they were eliminated.

Anybody better than league average should be sitting. Period.

I have no problem with any player trying their best and going for the win.   That is their job.

every coach, GM, and management personnel in GB should be hanging their head over their stupidity.   They had the game lost and then let the Jets outsmart them.   The Jets went 2 straight drives in the 4th quarter with a big lead and didn't burn any clock.   Let that sink in-  outsmarted by the Jets.

The fact that we ran a QB sneak and a read option in short yardage in the 4th quarter today after refusing to do both all season when it mattered speaks volumes.   It really is hard to root for a team with every fiber of your being for decades, and then shows itself to be as dumb as the Packers have been the past few years. 

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I don’t watch football for my team to tank or to position themselves for a better draft pick.  I watch for entertainment , and for the comraderie that weekend games bring to fellow Packer fans.  Winning today will not alter the course of the future for GB as an organization.  Don’t get caught up in the woulda coulda shoulda bull****.  Just don’t.

Remember in 2015 when 6/10 first picks were pro bowlers and a 7th was a franchise QB?

Only 3 other probowlers were taken in the next 21 picks?

Yeah, I want a top 10 pick.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Remember in 2015 when 6/10 first picks were pro bowlers and a 7th was a franchise QB?

Only 3 other probowlers were taken in the next 21 picks?

Yeah, I want a top 10 pick.

Fine, so I do I amigo.  But I’m not gonna lose my sh!t because we might pick 12th or 15th.  You’re just setting yourself up for major heartburn on draft day.  In fact, I recommend you don’t watch.  You’ll be upset.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Fine, so I do I amigo.  But I’m not gonna lose my sh!t because we might pick 12th or 15th.  You’re just setting yourself up for major heartburn on draft day.  In fact, I recommend you don’t watch.  You’ll be upset.

I'm not going to be overly upset on draft day. I'm pretty upset now though

Archived