Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not going to be overly upset on draft day. I'm pretty upset now though

I'm  not sure I want anyone running the draft that was involved n today's stupidity.

If Gute isn't livid with the coaching staff, he shouldn't be trusted.

11 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Clay Matthews III, no defensive stats in the game. No tackles, no assists. 

Nice to be free of that crappy contract in 2019.

Also nice that the next defensive coordinator won't feel any pressure to play the star of so many commercials who, many years ago, used to be able to rush the passer with some frequency.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Yeah, you should probably quit watching these stupid guys.

No.  Been watching the Pack for over 50 years.   Instead I'll hope they get it together and the board puts a decent leadership team in place.  They have made nothing but errors for the last 5 years.  Hoping they learn from their mistakes and correct them.

Forgive me if I can't be a mindless "fan" who gets excited about beating a bad team that did everything they possibly could to take the loss in the 4th quarter.   You "fans" have had ridiculous takes on this team all year.  I took garbage from people like you when I criticized the 2015 draft right after it was completed.  I took crap from people like you when I proposed firing Dom Capers after the 2011 season.   I took crap when I suggested moving on from McCarthy after the seattle playoff fiasco.   I was right then, and I am right about the idiocy of team leadership today playing that 4th quarter for the win.  This wasn't as big an issue as those others, but it was easier to see and makes today so wrong.

Instead of quitting, I will be an advocate for correcting.   You can just go on rooting without thought.  I promise I won't ask you to stop, or question whether you are a fan.

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

Plus Buffalo plays the Jets next week with both having 5 wins, so one would move below us as well. Jacksonville is going to get their 5th win today as well. 

EDIT: I do think the Giants still lose today though. 

Don't the Jets play NE next week?

8 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Nice to be free of that crappy contract in 2019.

Also nice that the next defensive coordinator won't feel any pressure to play the star of so many commercials who, many years ago, used to be able to rush the passer with some frequency.

Kinda wishing our current GM would have cut ties for nothing before training camp started.

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

No.  Been watching the Pack for over 50 years.   Instead I'll hope they get it together and the board puts a decent leadership team in place.  They have made nothing but errors for the last 5 years.  Hoping they learn from their mistakes and correct them.

Forgive me if I can't be a mindless "fan" who gets excited about beating a bad team that did everything they possibly could to take the loss in the 4th quarter.   You "fans" have had ridiculous takes on this team all year.  I took garbage from people like you when I criticized the 2015 draft right after it was completed.  I took crap from people like you when I proposed firing Dom Capers after the 2011 season.   I took crap when I suggested moving on from McCarthy after the seattle playoff fiasco.   I was right then, and I am right about the idiocy of team leadership today playing that 4th quarter for the win.  This wasn't as big an issue as those others, but it was easier to see and makes today so wrong.

Instead of quitting, I will be an advocate for correcting.   You can just go on rooting without thought.  I promise I won't ask you to stop, or question whether you are a fan.

Dang dude.... smoke a fatty and relax

At least we got a moral victory, right?  At least we can use this momentum in 2019?  Or at least that was what I was told.  I'm honestly not sure who I'm more pissed at.  Rodgers needs to stop being selfish.  Nobody is going to see him any more or less of a leader if he sits out the game.  Period.  Philbin needs to have the balls to tell him that there's no reason for him to possibly injure himself.  And the call needs to come from upstairs.

49 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No one is asking the players to not try their best. Management needs to take the elite guys off the field.

And even if there was a lottery, it would still be the right decision to try and lose every game after you are eliminated.

You are so wrong on this. You play to win the game.  Some of these guys were playing for their jobs and their families.

Never is it okay to try to lose.  If you're upset and need to calm down, do so.  This club pulled off an NFL road win with their second string defense, I don't care If it was the Jets, it was an entertaining win and the rookie WRs flashed a little today.

3 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I shoulda stopped reading when you questioned Gute for starting our stars today - like you think you’re smarter than him.  You’re the worst kind of fan actually.  I don’t care how long you’ve been watching buddy - you’re clueless.

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kinda wishing our current GM would have cut ties for nothing before training camp started.

Agreed.

Almost as much as I wish the previous GM had not tied the current GM's hands by giving his boys Perry (1.5 sacks) and Clay (3.5 sacks) contracts that made them two of the seven highest cap hits at OLB in 2018.

Right?

Archived